1) How are you feeling? 
2) Any appointments this week? 
3) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
4) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you expected so far
?

Re: EDD Feb. 11 - Feb. 17 (35 Weeks) week of Jan. 7

• Options
    35 weeks! 
    Can't believe in two weeks we will be at term!!
    1) How are you feeling? 
    Actually, I think I've finally reached the point of feeling ready.  Now that my preterm labor scare has become much less scary (thumbs up for passing the 34 week mark!), everything is pretty much squared away at home, and I'm feeling much bigger/more uncomfortable, I feel like I'm ready for this baby to come whenever it decides it's ready :)
    Nothing this week, will start weekly appointments next week if I make it that far.
    Question: Have most people fully migrated to Facebook? Are some folks planning to stay here? It seems like the boards have been winding down in terms of activity, so just wondering if people want to keep up with this weekly thread.
    ?
    Worse, for the most part.  I don't recall being this uncomfortable with my first, had to stop exercising around 30 weeks, and have had way more "when is this kid coming anxiety" this time around.  But for every complaint I can make, I can counter it with a grateful thought that he and I have been healthy so far and that's the most important thing.
  • Options
    @psm2462 I’ve noticed that it’s died down a bit in here too. I am trying to keep up with both! 

35 weeks! 
    1) How are you feeling? 
    Not gonna lie, I’m pretty miserable right now. The relaxin is kicking in causing some pretty decent pubic pains. I’ll need to get a belly band. I can’t sleep at night because the pain is waking me up, but when I take a Unisom, it makes me super groggy. So it’s, don’t sleep and be miserable, or sleep and be miserable. I can’t win right now! 

The only thing I have scheduled is a prenatal massage on Wednesday. I can’t wait for that!

Rave: I had my baby shower this weekend and it was so awesome to see how a group of friends can come together to support you. I now have TONS of clothes (which I am thankful that I didn’t buy many clothes before the baby shower). There’s still a couple big things we need (bassinet) but MIL said she would get that. So for now, I think baby is set.

Rant: last week at my OB appt, I was told my HBP was enough to change her mind from me not going past 41 weeks, to not going past 39 weeks. That was a scary thought. I need to do NST testing every time I go now (which is fine) and have one more US next week to Check growth. She said that baby is measuring small now and that could be due to HBP. So naturally, I’m freaking out. I just want her to be healthy.

?
    So far, it’s been amazing. I haven’t had any morning sickness, not many of the typical pains that most moms get in the 1st and 2nd tri. I feel like that is all catching up to me now. So I can’t wait for these next 5 weeks to fly by!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @psm2462 - I flip between The Bump and FB, but it's much easier to use TB when I'm on a PC.

@jenniferjoy37 - That's great that you had your baby shower! I also got a lot of clothing for LO. I feel he's set for a few months! Hoping baby stays on track for growth!

35 weeks! 
    1) How are you feeling? 
    Baby moves around a lot, so sometimes it can be very uncomfortable. Tailbone pain is back again, but at least I can walk/waddle. I need to do more stretches to loosen up.

Not this week. Had my regular checkup last week, and an U/S to check on growth. LO is almost 5 lbs already!

Rave: Ordered most of the remaining items on my registry to help complete the nursery and other items that I needed post-partum. Working on getting the nursery organized! Just need to buy an infant bath, and then we should be all set for baby. DH and I also took a childbirth class which was really informative. 

Rant: For the daycare that we are applying to, we have to pay a non-refundable application fee of $125 and first week of tuition! It pretty much guarantees a spot, but the cost hurts the bank a bit! Our first choice of daycare (but longer waitlist) only had a $25 non-refundable app fee. We are applying to both since we wanted to baby in daycare by next fall, and the first choice has a 12-18 month waitlist!

?
    Since I'm a FTM, I don't have another pregnancy to compare to. Overall, it's been pretty good. Thanks for all the support ladies! Really helps to have other STMs help with their experiences.

• Options
    35 weeks! 
    1) How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good. Still tired at times and hard to get decent sleep at night due to sore hips. Feeling more pelvic pressure. Little guy moves around so much, but is definitely running out of space. I hit 35 weeks on Friday. He's already just over 6 lbs.

Had my NST and 34 week visit today. Another NST on Thursday. All looks great. Induction scheduled for the evening of Feb 2nd.

Not really a rant or rave. It's just really starting to set in that I'll be delivering in 3.5 weeks and there's still a lot to get and do. Have to sort baby clothes, buy a couple carriers and a co-sleeper and MIL is planning to take me shopping in a couple weeks. 

?
    It has progressed much like my others. Pretty uneventful apart from bouts of anxiety. I experience white coat hypertension, so BP is elevated a lot w/o meds in clinical settings, but normal at home. They still take precautions due to the spikes in BP, but overall it has been a pretty easy pregnancy. I don't experience morning sickness and the normal aches toward the end is just par for the course.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    @soulcupcake Good to know I’m not the only one with white lab coat syndrome! I’m glad your BP is normal at home. That’s a plus! 

@jennifer_m21 Gotta love the non-refundable holding spots for daycares! I hope you get the daycare you want. One of my friends told me right after I got pregnant to get on the waiting list ASAP. I ended up waiting until about 20 weeks, and they said they would be accepting new kids either in January or March. So I’m waiting for those phone calls. I have to put down a deposit as well and they’re both $100. Crossing fingers that one of them will call soon! 
  • Options
    35 weeks! 
    1) How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good.  Baby is moving like crazy and having a couple weeks off has been amazing.  
    2) Any appointments this week?  NST and chiropractor on Thursday.  We're also meeting with the doula that night.
    Rave:  I went shopping for baby clothes with my mother yesterday (and we both survived), so at least I now have a bunch of clothes.  We haven't told our parents the baby's sex, so we bought gender neutral clothes when we could find them, and then some boy things and some girl things with the mindset that we can return or gift the ones we don't need.  To satisfy our superstitions, my mom is keeping the clothes at her house and will wash them when my husband tells her I am in labor.  We also finally settled on a stroller, pack n play, etc... and are ready to buy it, we just want to run a couple things by the doula and ask her opinion.  
    Rant:  I am getting so frustrated trying to control my glucose numbers.  Every time I think my fasting numbers are getting better, they go up again.  
    Like the other FTMs, I don't really have anything to compare it to.  The 1st and 2nd tris were much better than  I expected, but the 3rd tri is definitely worse than I expected.
  • Options
    @psm2462 I'm trying to keep up with TB, but I'm usually checking on my phone and it's so much easier to use FB.
  • Options

1) How are you feeling? 

I've been pretty uncomfortable lately. Back pain and random painful Braxton Hicks. Cannot believe we are in the home stretch! Went to the ER on New Years Day due to lack of movement from little Miss. But of course she made a liar out of me when they hooked me up to the monitor. They did an ultrasound to make sure everything was looking good and it looks like she's measuring 2 weeks ahead and weighing 5lbs 12oz. That scares me a little bit.

I have my regular appointment this week with a growth ultrasound as well.

People just generally being oh you haven't had your baby yet...or oooh are you having twins? Um really? Are we serious?

?
    This pregnancy is a little more harder than my last one. I didn't have all of these aches and pains and illnesses the first go round. But it's almost over so I can handle the last few weeks.

PCOS Dx 01/2011
    Metformin 2000mg + Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP! 2/24/11

m/c - 3/7/11

Metformin 2000mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/20/11
    Beta # 1 = 128 Progesterone = 11
    Beta # 2 = 550 Progesterone = 12
    Beta # 3 = 5000 Progesterone = 9

Metformin 1700mg + Femara 5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFP! 6/12/17

Beta #1 = 39 Progesterone = 22

Beta #2 = 134

• Options
    35 weeks! 
    1) How are you feeling? 
    I am so sore! My pubic area is so sore especially when I first wake up! It feels like Iran going to split when I'm walking! My belly is super heavy and gets tight when I walk or stand too long. 

Regular checkup with my family doctor tomorrow! Can't wait to hear the heartbeat again! 

Any moms not have a baby name picked out yet? We cannot decide on a boy name and we are close to picking a girl name (Team Green)

?
    Way worse than expected! My 1st pregnancy was a breeze! I had morning sickness during my first pregnancy but I would get sick once in the morning and be good for the day! With this one I had all day sickness and threw up quite often during the first trimester! I have also been so sore this time around. With my first I don't remember all these crazy aches and pains! I shouldn't complain too much but compared to my first pregnancy this one sucks!
  • Options
    FB- I am on both, I definitely want to keep up with the weekly threads. Unfortunately everytime I open my bump app I get a spam ad that forces me to close it. Currently using the browser on my tablet which is not super easy to use either. 

35 weeks! 
    1) How are you feeling? 
    good, I feel like I am reaching a zen mode about birth and work and everything to come
    I have one tomorrow! will let you know if i get the strep B swab eek
    having two baby showers and maternity pics this week. I'm very excited but I am not sure what to expect for maternity pics. My cousin has a side gig as a photog and is taking them for us. 
    had one baby shower this week and found that most people did not use the registry, or did but didn't take the item off the registry. I guess we are just trailblazers in our family and friends and will have to train everyone on how to use them. Rave- my friend has a baby about 6 months older than mine and is giving me hand me downs! so amazing, i need to find someone to pass it on to. 
    ?
    Just what I expected, as in better than everyone made it sound. I am happy to have my expectations set low haha. all in all this has been a smooth pregnancy and I hope that means a smooth birth :)
  • Options
    @psm2462 I'm keeping up with both because I can't get on FB during the work day.

@Kbrinks2 I don't have a name picked out. I have two that I'll choose from when he's born.

1) How are you feeling?
    Big. And I have to pee. RLP happens more frequently now and it surprises me how hard it is to get up from the couch.

Nope, next week I have an U/S though!

I can't believe we're at 35 weeks! I have only 16 more work days until mat leave. I'm excited not to be pregnant anymore, but then I have to keep a tiny human alive and I think that may be harder....I'm also coming to the realization that this is the last bit of time when H and I have freedom to come and go as we please without having to worry about who's watching the baby. I need a haircut, and at first I was all "I'll be off work for 3 months, I'll get one then!" but then it hit me: "no, you have to worry about what to do with the baby before you can go anywhere!" So now I'm getting my hair cut a week before birth.

4) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you expected so far?
    Better! My mom said she wasn't really sick when she was pregnant so I wasn't expecting bad morning sickness, and all I got was nausea but no actual puking. Then 2nd tri was a breeze. I only hit the wall at 33 weeks when I just ballooned in my stomach and got uncomfortable. Overall I can't complain--no swelling, no puking, only had heartburn a couple times, so not that bad compared to others.

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface - I checked my calendar, and I have 26 work days left! Good luck on the U/S next week. I'm also going to try to get my hair and nails done before my due date!
  • Options
    35 weeks! 
    1) How are you feeling?
    I feel huge and uncomfortable. I've been getting dizzy spells and lots of Heartburn. 
    My appt is on Thursday. So excited to hear my little one's heartbeat
    Finally almost done with the baby's room. Been nesting pretty hard core the last few days. 
    4) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you expected so far?
    Being a FTM I don't have anything to compare it to but I'd say probably worse than I had thought it would be. I had some pretty bad nausea in the first trimester and the only thing that helped was Diclectin. And I've been in pain since I hit about 4 months. And now I've got some pretty bad Heartburn and been getting dizzy spells. 

• Options
    +1 for attempting to get my haircut before the baby is born!
  • Options
    And another +1 here for hoping to get my hair done before baby's arrival 
  • Options
    @kbrinks2 How awesome is that?! I’m sure you feel a weight has lifted after having all that hair cut off! I have my prenatal massage tomorrow and I can’t wait! I got a gift card to get a mani/pedi too, but I want to wait until I’m a little closer to delivery before scheduling that. 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 it feels great! It will be easier to get "ready" with 2 kids and way less hair lol
    massage and mani/pedi sound lovely!! Enjoy it all!
  • Options
    Sadly, I'm also thinking it'll be less gross to have shorter hair when it starts falling out after giving birth....
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Sadly, I'm also thinking it'll be less gross to have shorter hair when it starts falling out after giving birth....
    Wait, what?! My hair’s going to fall out?!?! Noooooo! I already have thin hair as it is! 
  • Options
    Wait, what?! My hair’s going to fall out?!?! Noooooo! I already have thin hair as it is! 
    Yeah, it might. Pregnancy hormones can make your hair thicker, but the loss of those hormones after birth makes that lovely new hair fall out. But not forever! You just go back to normal I think. So maybe if your hair wasn’t affected so far, it won’t fall out either?
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    35 weeks! 
    1) How are you feeling? Pretty good
    Yesterday had us...girl is 3.8 pounds ( measuring at 32 weeks) Dr. Decided she's coming out Jan. 29 at 7:30 pm
    Another us/ nst Friday for this week. 
    ?
    First and only. Def. Not doing this again.
    :) 
    It was great until week 30. 
  • Options
    @psm2462 I think most have gone to fb... :(
    Have we decided if we are keeping this thread alive? 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time. Keep us updated on you and LO in the weeks ahead. Will be thinking of you.
  • Options
    @psm2462 I'll be sticking around. I've only been active on our thread and early on in the PGAL threads. I don't think I'll get "voted in" the fb group since I haven't really participated that much which is totally understandable.  
    I'm really close with the bump moms from my first pregnancy. We have a fb group but we didn't set it up until well after our littles were born and we "knew" each other pretty well. It's a great support system to have, especially in the beginning when none of us (even stm+) really know what we're doing. 
    I hope our thread stays alive!! 

• Options
    @psm2462
    I'm definitely sticking around here. I don't tend to be hugely talkative, but I chime in once in a while and love checking in on everyone.
  • Options
    @Chawk17 I think we should keep it alive until the babies are born, it's just a few more weeks. I'd love to hear how others are progressing with labor.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options

1) How are you feeling? 

I'm in a lot of pain. This little one is laying low and is very heavy. I can't even get up sometimes and I've been having these really sharp and painful cramps when I move too quickly. Plus... all the contractions! 

I have several appointments on Monday morning. They'll run all sorts of tests to make sure my body can handle labor and/or surgery if need be. I'll also be getting the strep b swab and some bloodwork done. Shouldn't be a fun day haha!

My mom booked her flight to come out and help us. Hopefully this little one stays put until her Nanie gets here! It's such a relief that she'll be here!

?
    This time around hasn't been as smooth as the first time. I had contractions early on last time too but not like this. Plus, being pregnant after losses added on a lot of anxiety at the beginning. I'm so grateful that we've made it to the home stretch though! 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 I think we should keep it alive until the babies are born, it's just a few more weeks. I'd love to hear how others are progressing with labor.
    I agree...especially since I don't have FB. It's going yo be sad when it ends.  :#
  • Options
    rmarie13 said:

1) How are you feeling? 

I'm in a lot of pain. This little one is laying low and is very heavy. I can't even get up sometimes and I've been having these really sharp and painful cramps when I move too quickly. Plus... all the contractions! 

I have several appointments on Monday morning. They'll run all sorts of tests to make sure my body can handle labor and/or surgery if need be. I'll also be getting the strep b swab and some bloodwork done. Shouldn't be a fun day haha!

My mom booked her flight to come out and help us. Hopefully this little one stays put until her Nanie gets here! It's such a relief that she'll be here!

?
    This time around hasn't been as smooth as the first time. I had contractions early on last time too but not like this. Plus, being pregnant after losses added on a lot of anxiety at the beginning. I'm so grateful that we've made it to the home stretch though! 
    I must've missed it somewhere....whats going on that's making them question if you'll need surgery or not? 
  • Options
    Is anyone leaking...like after going pee...do you accidentally leak?
  • Options
    @Chawk17 this happens to me frequently right after I pee. I think baby’s super low position is making it so I can’t completely empty my bladder when sitting, and then when I stand I leak what’s left. Ohh the joys of pregnancy. I would call your doctor if the leaking persists and doesn’t seem related to when you pee.
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    rmarie13 said:

1) How are you feeling? 

?
    I must've missed it somewhere....whats going on that's making them question if you'll need surgery or not? 
    @Chawk17 it's routine at the hospital I'm delivering at. I guess they just want to be extra prepared for any emergencies. 

• Options
    I agree. I’m on here almost as often as FB. 
  • Options
    psm2462 said:
    @Chawk17 this happens to me frequently right after I pee. I think baby’s super low position is making it so I can’t completely empty my bladder when sitting, and then when I stand I leak what’s left. Ohh the joys of pregnancy. I would call your doctor if the leaking persists and doesn’t seem related to when you pee.
    No it's pee!! Haha I get checked every tuesday/ friday...alls good in amniotic fluid dept. 
  • Options
    But also she's not low...shes super high...near belly button. I think the leaking was a fluke- but who knows.  10 more school days and then she's coming out. SO over being pregnant and constantly prodded. Jan. 29....will be here soon. Getting a tubal so i dont have to do this again- phew!
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    But also she's not low...shes super high...near belly button. I think the leaking was a fluke- but who knows.  10 more school days and then she's coming out. SO over being pregnant and constantly prodded. Jan. 29....will be here soon. Getting a tubal so i dont have to do this again- phew!
    I've been leaking sometimes too. It's pretty important to note that there's also just lots of extra fluid down there to begin with so some of it could be that too. Pretty exciting when you can count down to a definite day when you'll get to meet your little one.
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    Ahhh, that’s awesome! The end is near for you! I still have at least another 4 weeks to go. (Unless they decide my BP is out of whack and want her out earlier.) You can make it through the next 10 days! 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? 
    feeling a little more pregnant. Sleeping is starting to get uncomfortable. Baby is head down and in the pelvis. Little one is still kicking a bunch and getting hiccups a a lot too (not fun when he keeps knocking his head back to my rectum). 
    had one yesterday. It's one every week for me now. Checked for group b strep. That was fun. OB also checked my cervix. Posterior and closed, but she was commenting on baby's head being right in position to go as she could feel his head pressing from the other side. 
    still trying to decide if I want to try with or without epidural. I think I want to be able to walk around and stuff. Idk. I can't wait to meet this little guy. It still feels so unreal. 
    ?
    it's my first but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I still feel pretty good albeit uncomfortable while sleeping now. Also I didn't balloon up as much as I thought I would. I gained a lot of weight, but people are still amazed when I tell them I'm 8 months along.