June 2018 Moms
Options

Randomy random randoms (1/8)

Re: Randomy random randoms (1/8)

• Options
    I grew up in the bay area so I'm very used to maddening weather patterns. When we were like 20, DH and I stayed at my mom's over the summer so he could do an internship in the city (my mom lives across the golden gate bridge). DH grew up in NYC, so in his mind, the weather you wake up with is what you are stuck with. So, he gets up, its like 70 at my moms, he puts on shorts and a tshirt, drives 30 minutes into the city, and its like 55 but feels like -30 because anyone who has been in SF when it's cold knows it always feels so much colder than what the temperature says it is for seemingly no reason at all. He was like WTF, how do you live like this. Another day we drove to the beach (30 min drive). It was 100 at my moms, and it dropped to 60 at the beach. Or just an average summer day vs night: 90 during the day, 40 at night. lol lol In high school I had so many different layers in the back of my car in case it just dropped/rose 30 degrees randomly in the middle of the day. 
  • Options
    I’ll just leave this here...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lisa2589 Geez, Louise!!! I'll shut up now.
  • Options
    @lisa2589 that's a nope from me
  • Options
    @lisa2589 Yeah, thats a hard No from me
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lisa2589 no wonder no Amazon fresh for you.  The delivery people are very very scared lol

In Chicago, it's 57 and raining currently. Way too warm for us, but the temperatures are going to drop tonight very quickly leaving sheets of ice everywhere, tonight's drive home after I get off at 10pm should be a grand old time.
  • Options
    Canadian here {anyone else?} but we've got stupid weather
    *changed all temps from Celsius to Fahrenheit 

Today 43 {feels like 37}
    Friday 46 {feels like 41}
    Saturday 7 {feels like -8}
    Sunday 1 {feels like -6}

Then again goes up later in the week .... WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK MOTHER NATURE!?

Hopefully my ski jacket gets fixed soon, because coat I have doesn't have a lot of room and it's feeling tighter than I'd like :\
    It'll be a miracle if I make it to the end of March without having to borrow a jacket!
  • Options
    @amys614 Ugh, I am so, so dreading the ice. This is when I'm so glad I can use public transit. And I am also glad my H gets off early enough that he should be home before the deep freeze. Fingers crossed for a safe drive for you tonight!

Also this weird humid drizzle has me looking like Monica.

Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 yaaas! I went wine tasting with some friends in Napa in my early twenties. SF was where we stayed. Definitely the most unusual weather I’ve ever experienced. Kept having to pull my jacket on and off. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey I'm sorta near Pittsburgh. You?
    thats a crazy school schedule! Ours wasn't as bad. First day back was 1/3, which was a 2hr delay (and he's only there 3 hours! Grr). Full day thurs. Then cancelled Friday. Then wkend. No issues this week atleast! And next call for crap is over the wkend... of course!

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    It is 47 degrees in NYC right now. High of 60 tomorrow! Thank gawd all our snow is finally melting. It is always interesting/disgusting to see what got buried under the mounds of snow. And FX the department of sanitation can finally pick up all the garbage/recycling/xmas trees piled on the sidewalks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @catlady1215 Ugh, that is so frustrating! I guess i shouldn't complain about the weather, since this is what is expected in January, but still haha.  I'm in Delaware :) 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger - Local Canuck here too... (SW ON) Crazy Snow to start the week, Flood warning and rain today, Who know what tomorrow, but full on Snow again on Sunday. At least the melting has happened, not sure where we would have put all this if there was no major melt today. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    I'm in Southern California  (kind of) and we're in the 60s. Very mild winter this year. Last year was in the 30s, with an actual winter, this year, nothing. 
  • Options
    @rnielsen321 Your weather sounds identical to mine! I'm SW ON also!
    Yeh we were leaving the house today and the roads were wet, but no ice. Not even black ice. Already melted but all the school buses were cancelled.
  • Options
    @krashke That's not punny, that's just practical!  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 as someone still paying off student loans, I agree! This kid is going to need all the help it can get. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke Lol that's great! So far my fave is the one pointing to the arms and legs and says "you got this dad"
    I joked with my husband that I'm buying it. Not for him, but more for direction when we're half asleep ;)
  • Options
    @Austenista so you mean DH can soon complain about my hair AND baby toys in his shoes? :p
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 yes, yes he can.  :D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Any Swedish mom's need a deal on an Ikea crib?

https://www.scarymommy.com/ikea-ad-pregnancy-test/?utm_source=FB
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 ugh I HATE encounters like that! It makes me so uncomfortable and then the whole comment to the door man. No thank you. Pretty sure you have to move. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited January 2018
    @krashke the thing is, like, in another life, we'd totally be friends. It's the reason I like her so much as a doctor because whenever I see her we just talk like we're friends. Like, she tells me about how she and all of her friends from med school do exams on each other so they don't have to actually go to a doctor. She gives pap smears to her other doctor friends at parties. WHICH PROBABLY ISN'T RESPONSIBLE BUT IT IS WHAT I WOULD DO IF I WERE A DOCTOR and I get mad that my doctor friends are all in specialties that don't benefit me. (Seriously, none of you could become dermatologists??? Though to be fair, one is a pediatrician, and I guess that will become more beneficial rather soon... I shouldn't complain.) BUT SO LIKE do I have to move, or do I have to find out which apt she's in so I can knock on her door when I go into labor hahahahahah

Seriously though, I'm dying inside from social anxiety. Never wanted wine more. 
  • Options
    If you want some entertainment read July’s first tri ultrasound thread (start on page like 13) and then the poll “to split or not to split.” We were mentioned in the latter  :D
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I went to church sometime last year and the nursery attendant was my OB. It felt kind of weird dropping him off with my doctor but I guess she took care of him on the inside so why not the outside? Idk, I kind of low key want to be her friend too which always makes me more awkward around people. “Like meeeee.” 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i remember when I first started pole in 2013, I was still in law school and the dean of one (unnamed) of departments was in my Wednesday night classes. It was so funny/weird/cool. We were both new so we were both like "I won't tell if you won't" but after a few months you love it so much you don't care who knows.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    We didn't even start an UO thread today. Who are we?  
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sabby2 lames. We're lames.
  • Options
    Work seriously interrupts my bump time. I'm just catching up now. *sigh*
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
  • Options
    LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited January 2018
    @sunshineandwhiskey That July “to split or not to split” thread escalated quickly!!

edited bc words are important. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Re: OB docs as friends.

I literally work with my doctor group every day. We do social gatherings together. *shrug*  We do fine separating work/outside work/patient relationship so I don't find it weird? 
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey thank you for that entertainment!

• Options
    July needs to leave us and our velociraptor babies out of it! ;)
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Right? Leave the drama over there lol