June 2018 Moms
Options

Randomy random randoms (1/8)

Re: Randomy random randoms (1/8)

• Options
    @catlady1215 I just had an appointment with HR yesterday to get maternity leave paperwork lol, never too early to start planning!

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @catlady1215 I think I emailed HR when I was 6wks PG haha working in a school, there’s so much crap I have to sift through and things get more complicated with a EDD of June. I say go for it! Heck I’ve already talked to daycare about pricing for next year. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ratparade I don't see how early could ever be a bad thing ;) you'd think employers would love the advance notice lol.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey oh I bet with a school its even more important to do early. especially when you'll be so far along at the end of the school year!

I've debated if I should call a couple day cares incase theres a wait list. we didn't use daycare with DS, but think we might have to a few days a week with this one.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @catlady1215 yes! call daycares! We've been on waitlists for the new baby since I was about 6 weeks pregnant.  One of the places has an 18 month waitlist.
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 Woo hoo!!  What a good feeling!!  

And I am +5 or whatever on calling daycares.  We live in a small town and daycares are few and far between for infant openings.  I actually told our current provider the day we found out we were pregnant...  Kind of ridiculous that it's that way, but yes, yes yes.  Call to get on their list!! 
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @catlady1215 1st of all, i love your username :)
    2nd hahaha irony :) I hadn't felt anything since Dec 16th and I would have been concerned if we hadn't heard the heartbeat on the 29th. I think I figured best way to get this one active is juice and small amounts of caffeine ;) They're still super light for me {FTM} but I figure next couple of weeks they'll be stronger ;)
  • Options
    krash_krash_ member
    edited January 2018
    @Miz_Liz thank you. Her services were really nice. 

*TW death/infant loss*
    I'm having a tough day between my grandmas funeral this morning and then seeing on FB that MH’s cousin that was due in Feb had her baby boy still born. I’m not particularly close with her but it hit close to home and I am so sad for them. */TW*

Now I’m freaking out that we are way behind on finding a daycare. My friend from college that is 5 weeks ahead of me said they booked their daycare at 10 weeks and they still couldn’t get a spot until Oct so her mom is going to watch the baby for two months after she goes back to work. 

ETA tw 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke so many hugs <3
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    becca_123becca_123 member
    edited January 2018
    @krashke all the hugs  <3
  • Options
    @krashke aw :( I'm sorry girl.  <3
  • Options
    @krashke That sounds like a rough day.  :( Creepy internet hugs.

For the record, I think the daycare thing really depends on your area and on what you want (center, in-home, nanny, etc.). We didn't start looking for daycare until a few months before we needed it (my son didn't start till about 8 months), and we were easily able to reserve a spot at a place we were really happy with. I hope the same works out for you!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @krashke hugs to you
  • Options
    Sending love @krashke
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @krashke more hugs your way  <3
  • Options
    @krashke so sad about your husband's cousin. Prayers to your family, this is a lot.

The thought of looking for day cares makes me cringe. I know there's an extreme likelihood of me having to go back to work, I just don't want to. My parents are in their 40s so they are far from retirement, so they can't watch him beyond the summer (they are both teachers). But MH is self employed and works from home so if push comes to shove he'll have to watch him until we get in somewhere.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    Thank you all for kind words. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke I’m sorry for your loss
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So sorry @krashke, those are tough things.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sending hugs @krashke
  • Options
    I thankfully won't have to worry about maternity leave. My school gets out at the end of May (1st week of June at the latest if there are a lot of snow days). 

I filled out an application for the new baby at our daycare at around 6 weeks. I'm hoping they'll have an opening at the end of August when school starts again. 
  • Options
    @krashke sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    @krashke that is rough all around. So many hugs!  Glad you got some daycare stuff lined up to look into!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So many hugs @krashke
  • Options
    DH came home today upset. Not grouchy or in a bad mood, but upset like sad, almost? Then over dinner, he mentioned he was trying to see if the mental health part of the hospital takes walk-ins. He also said "I'm not even a parent. You basically take care of 3 kids and run a house all alone." Out of nowhere. 
    Idk what to even do. I guess I'm going to wait until the kids are in bed and ask what's going on.
  • Options
    @May14th2011 I hope you can get some info out of him tonight. Does he work in a setting where he could have seen/heard something emotionally disturbing today? Or do you feel it’s more related to stress of realizing new baby will be here sooner than later... Good luck.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @May14th2011 I agree, it's possible something at work bothered him today.  I find it comforting that he is able to share with you that something is wrong as opposed to keeping it bottled in.  Good luck, maybe he will feel better even just talking about it.  
  • Options
    @krashke Thinking of you - I'm so sorry.

@May14th2011 Oh, wow - that sounds really tough. I hope you're able to talk tonight and all goes well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @May14th2011 good luck! I hope you both are able to talk tonight and get to the bottom of it!
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @May14th2011 That sounds really tough. Whatever it is, I hope you and your H can talk it through tonight.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @krashke so very sorry for the terrible day. Hearing about late losses really hurts my heart too. Hope the daycare search goes without a hitch!

@May14th2011 aww I hope he's doing alright. Glad he was able to tell you he's struggling. 
  • Options

May14th2011            - that has to be stressful for both of you.  The important thing, though, is that he is talking about it and willing to talk to others to get help.  That is so so so important, especially before the new babe arrives.  Hugs.

@krashke - I'm so sorry.  That has to be incredibly difficult for everyone involved.

• Options
    @krashke ParentAware is a great resource to use!!  Good thinking on that!  I'm glad there are so many options for you to check out!  GL on narrowing down the search and finding which ones you want to visit!  

I'm so sorry about the losses in your family too.  :(

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• Options
    @May14th2011 Were you able to talk to your H?  I'm hoping it was just a rough day at work and after talking to you about stuff he felt better.  

All are welcome!

• Options
    I hope you were able to talk to your H @May14th2011 and that he is feeling better after some sleep.
  • Options
    Getting caught up on everything.  I'm not looking forward to when my company's purchase is complete (next month) and Facebook and other social media is blocked at work.  I'm not sure if they'll know to block the bump, but I may be too terrified to stop by during work (and I generally am too busy with kids to catch up when I'm home).  

@krashke - Huge hugs for you and your family.  And finding daycare is hard.  While I was able to find care for DS1 when he was 8 weeks old (I went back to work at 12 weeks), it wasn't the right fit in the long run.  He's 4.5 now and been in 4 or 5 different daycare situations.  In home daycare, a nanny at our house, a larger center, etc.  Daycare is one of the most stressful things for working parents.

@May14th2011 - I'm glad your husband was willing to open up a bit.  Do either of you have a Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through work?  Its typically a free program with a third party company that completely confidential and provides phone consultations with professionals to help walk through personal or work related issues (finances, mental health, domestic issues, drug/alcohol problems, etc.)  It might be a resource available to you/him.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018