June 2018 Moms

Randomy random randoms (1/8)

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Randomy random randoms (1/8)

• I'm addicted to Brisk's strawberry melon drink.
    It's like happiness in my mouth.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • Well, I'm home thanks to stomach bug I thought was done yesterday. Hopefully I'll be good tomorrow. I'm afraid to eat.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sabby2 sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you recover soon!

Who watched the Golden Globes (or caught the highlights this morning? Oprah = goddess! And for all my fellow This Is Us lovers, Sterling K. Brown is amazing  <3
  • I was booking flights to Toronto from Philadelphia last night and all of a sudden I found it $50 cheaper so I thought, great! And booked it.  I was messaging my mom asking if the dates and times sounded right because something felt off.  Anyways moving onto this morning, I can't sleep because of a stuffy nose so at 6:30am I'm randomly looking in my calendar and I notice that I booked the flights backwards.  Like Toronto to Philadelphia first.  Pregnancy brain for the win.  I'm just glad I caught it before 24hrs were up or I would've been paying some stupid change fees!

Even more random... does anyone keep getting a spam pop up in TB app?  Like if I linger on a post too long some stupid Amazon winner spam ad thing pops up and I can't get rid of it unless I exit the app.  Annoying af.
  • @becca_123 wow nice catch on the flight mix up, but kind of funny :D
  • ramblebeeramblebee member
    edited January 2018
    @becca_123 YES I HATE THOSE ADS. I have to close down the entire app and start from scratch.

Edit - this is the screen I get and there is no exiting out, just gotta shut the whole thing down.

• Dropped my kitty off to get neutered this morning. We’ll be picking him up this afternoon and I’m dreading trying to keep him somewhat isolated from my DD for a few days while he heals... She just loves him so much...  :#

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I am addicted to Freecycle and FB marketplace. I've had some great luck finding people giving away pack and plays, activity mats, baths, high chairs, boosters. I'm picking up a nice glider for $60 today. The bargain hunter in me is having a field day!
  • @ramblebee teach me your ways!! I've never been good at bargain hunting or buying second hand but it's a skill I desperately need to have. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @amys614 Well, we are the Mean Girl board...
  • @KatelynRae I didn't watch, but I was highlight snippets and I was crying, for no apparent reason. I do love Oprah though.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Random - sinuses being a jerk. Sinex working but not enough, and because winter I'm also getting dry blood :( Pregnancy and dry air don't mix well.

SOMEBODY had their legs crossed at the ultrasound this morning ..... so still no idea on gender. Two week reschedule, they couldn't get the leg measurements well either.

I've heard sugared drink before appt helps, anyone know if this is legit or just a "hey works for me"?
  • ramblebeeramblebee member
    edited January 2018
    @Amphibious22 I have "saved searches" in FB marketplace and get notifications when anyone within 10 miles posts an item that matches. There is a Freecycle group for my county so I have notifications set on that group for when anyone posts. I am on vacation right now so the constant notifications are useful, but when I go back to work next week I will likely just keep them in app. You do have to be quick. I just missed a brand new pack and play for $15, but I'm first on the waiting list if it falls through!

We also have a great local resale shops that has tons of kid stuff and does additional discount sales. You do have to pop in and check out new stuff every so often at those types of places. Now is a great time as people spring clean! Picked up a pristine bouncer for $5, it was missing the battery cover but MH is handy and made one.

I'm also signed up on a number of kid consignment mailing lists. Every spring and fall there are huge consignment sales near me and as a FTM, some let you enter early with 1 helper to shop.

We do have to check for recalls and other issues, but so far so good!

Edit: spelling
  • @MissKittyDanger a friend of mine was told to drink a coke slurpie before her ultrasound by a nurse, so there must be something to that! sorry you have to wait another 2 weeks! 

Also +1 on the lame sinuses. I’ve been waking up with a nose full of dried blood for about a month now. ive also apparently started to snore again because of it. 

AFM *TW* 
    dreamt that I was bleeding last night. Woke up in tears. *TW* but then I felt baby girl having a little MOTN dance party in there, which was the best thing ever to wake up to  <3 apparently my PGAL brain likes to work the night shift. 

Also, still haven’t been called to schedule my A/S. I’ll be 20 weeks on Friday. 
  • @MissKittyDanger baby girl moves around a fckton every time I eat candy, so there must be some kind of sugar correlation. 
  • @bkrahn I mean, it makes sense. I had juice on the weekend and felt the most movement since those first flutters 2.5 weeks ago! Idk why I just opted for water this morning lmao!
    I wasn't big on snoring before, but I may have to ask just in case lol! I may pick up hydra sense to clear out some of the blood ... it makes my nose irritated :(
  • @MissKittyDanger yes, there’s something to it. I had to be monitored by labor and delivery a few times toward the end and one time DS wasn’t moving enough. They brought me a coke and made me drink it to get him going. My OB told me to do it at home too if I was ever worried about movement not being enough. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Eeek!  So much to catch up on.  Headed to 2nd tri and Aug18!

@MissKittyDanger I ate cookies before my last one and he/she was a bouncing machine!  Definitely a correlation. 

@bkrahn Hugs <3

@sabby2 Feel better! 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks to everyone! I'll grab a juice the night before and take with me to sip on in the car instead of typical water :)
  • We definitely had a catfish on my old bmb.  She was blocked on one up address, made another account, and came back at her work IP address.  People started noticing weird similarities in situations and posts and called her out. She got blocked again but somehow managed to follow everyone to the other forum after TB imploded, made it into the FB group, eventually got kicked out of there and then a bunch of old posters came back to the forum and called her out there.  After that those of us remaining on the board created a private password protected board.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ramblebee wow that's a lot of commitment! I want to be that good at it, but maybe I'll just start with notifications on fb market place. 

@bkrahn I have dreams like that a lot. In fact, DH gets so pissed now when I question if everything is okay because I do it like everyday. It doesn't help that I still haven't felt a single flutter or kick in there. Hopefully soon. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @bkrahn I missed the part about your dream. I dream pretty strong, but I swear the dreams AND NIGHTMARES have been extra vivid. Like I swear I could feel if something hit me and I spend a lot of time going "this didn't happen .... but did it? No no .... what if it did?" So I completely get the concern
  • @ramblebee yeeeesssss girl!  So much this!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @bkrahn I had such a vivid dream like that early on and its so disconcerting waking up before you realize what's going on. So glad baby girl made her presence known right after!
  • Ugh. So I called the cruise line and they said I wouldn't be able to do the cruise bc I can't be 24 weeks at any time on the cruise (and a recent doctor's note explaining all this is required). I wanted to do the one a couple weeks earlier (the 3rd) to begin with but he doesn't because he says he doesn't know what he's going to do for Mardi Gras (the 13th). Those events are 10 days apart I don't understand how one effects the other. Plus this cruise was suppose to replace the anniversary cruise we didn't take because he got a giant order 2 days before we were suppose to leave. So again, I sacrifice my vacation for his work. Then when I told him what the cruise line said and his only response is "Welp." Like wow I've given up 4 consecutive birthdays (my birthday is usually during Mardi Gras week) and our first anniversary trip. I may just start making plans alone at this point. This is soooooo unfair. And before we cancelled our anniversary trip my anniversary gift to him was $1300 to pay for his frat reunion trip in the Dominican Republic in April 2018. I can't believe I give and give and this is no big deal to him.  
  • Sugar definitely makes the babies move. Wait until the GD test - - I remember DS going crazy after that.

@doxiemoxie212 where are you going in DC?  I desparately want to go visit again soon.

• @marcus7676 just back to our old neighborhood since that's where our friends all still live. Gallery Place/Metro Center ish. The ramen place I love is Daikaya. I'm soooo excited. The wait is so long but so worth it. 
  • @ffw0617 I'm so sorry you're feeling that way. I don't blame you and would be feeling so let down too. What is the deal that Mardi Gras can never be missed? I hope he realizes all the sacrifice and comes around. 
  • @amys614 MH is a screen printer. He makes the vast majority of his money making a selling collegiate apparel during college football season. In the off season he vendors at various events. Mardi Gras is one of those events. 
  • @ffw0617 ahhh gotcha. I hope he is able to see things from your perspective and you guys can come up with something that works for you both. Especially being that this is very important to you.