June 2018 Moms
Options

January Symptoms Thread

Re: January Symptoms Thread

• Options
    @stephcat421 you may be right. I did have to supplement additional iron after 28 weeks last time. Thanks for the reminder!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My nipples are sore. :neutral:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @izza2 my nipples have been the bane of my existence for a couple weeks now. Some days they are so sore and sensitive if MH just looks at them I wince. They have also been extremely dry, which could be a winter thing but I has never happened before. I got the Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple butter and it has helped some. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    I am more tired today than I have been in a month or 2. Wowzas. It's gonna be a long day. If this continues, may have to ask doctor to check blood work as some of you ladies have done. 

But! Thinking I may be feeling movement today.  Either that or I've got gas hiding in strange places. It's like a thumping a hand width below my belly button. Same place a couple times. Felt a light rolling sensation under my skin too. I'm a FTM so I really have no idea. It's nothing super distinctive. If I was one of those people who didn't know I was pregnant, I don't think this symptom at its current lack of intensity would even catch my attention. 
  • Options
    @krashke - Mine have generally been "okay" up until now, but as of yesterday it hurt for H to even brush his hand over them.
    He squeezed my boob and was like "well, this doesn't hurt, so you should be okay", and then touched my nipple (even though I told him not to, duh), and ended up punching him in the arm because it hurt so bad.

They're not dry or anything, but I may start to use some lotion/cream on them just to avoid that becoming an issue. :tired_face:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Based on your description, @amys614, that is definitely movement!

Also, late to the game, but: Glad you got some answers, @May14th2011, and feel better, @sunshineandwhiskey!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @amys614 I've been feeling the same movement - little gurgley movements that could be digestion, and then a weird wiggling sensation under my skin that almost tickles.  Mild enough that if I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't think anything of it.  I told my dr about it at my appointment this week and she said it's the baby.  I'm going to take her word for it :)  I'm 19+5 FTM

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Guys, I'm going to whine for a minute. My nipples ache. Like holy hell, I don't remember this from last time.  I feel like I got kicked in the nipples.
  • Options
    I was up half the night because baby girl would not stop jumping on my cervix. Like just nonstop. Didn't matter what position I was in. Tried getting up to walk around. It's a maddening feeling. I've decided it really feels like a pap smear. Just jab jab jab. 
  • Options
    I think I know the cause of it, but what's a good antacid allowed during pregnancy? I have horrible indigestion past few days {off and on}
    I'm gonna talk to my OB/GP about the cause {because I'm 95% sure it's the prozac I'm on, zoloft did the same} but I don't think there's another option ... so antacids?
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I've been using Tums but I believe Zantac is safe. I used that when I was pregnant with DD because my heartburn got so bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The round ligament pain is reeeeeal today  :(
  • Options
    Just feelin big today. Is that a symptom? I dunno. 
  • Options
    @misskittydanger Zantac is fine. It works well for my heartburn. (Not sure what type of indigestiob you're experiencing.
  • Options
    Is anyone else dealing with bleeding gums? I know that is a totally normal symptom, but mine seem awful. I woke up this morning with blood everywhere. Then, when I brushed/flossed this morning it was a nightmare. Dr. Google said there's not much to be done about it, but this is getting a little gross. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 I've been lucky with it, but I did a lot of work with a major toothpaste/brush brand and March of Dimes a couple years ago related to pregnancy and oral health, so I know how common it is. Just make sure you're using a really soft toothbrush, brush at least 2x/day, and floss. I know it's gross, but that should help ensure it doesn't progress to full on gingivitis. 
  • Options
    My joints popping in my hips when I walk is pretty gross. Been dealing with a teensy bit of sciatic pain too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @laceybee522 - totally normal...gets worse, lol...going on over here too.  Just keep flossing, ha
  • Options
    @Austenista +1 to the sciatica. It has been really bad for me and not something I have ever had to deal with before. I've been stretching and doing yoga and I'm going to start making MH rub my butt with tennis balls. 

I found this on pinterest...

https://amysfinerthings.com/staying-comfortable-in-the-final-weeks-of-pregnancy
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krashke I glanced at that photo before reading.... and was confused
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I thought about putting it in a spoiler for that reason but it can be used for general low back pain or massage in labor especially if YH's hands are getting tired so I figured it could be helpful after people read it lol
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krashke It ought to work. The other night my husband did that pushing away from the spine technique with just the heel of his hand and it helped tremendously to relieve my discomfort. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My sciatic pain has been getting increasingly more intense. I had to go see a sports massage therapist with my last pregnancy several times and she gave my some pelvic tilt exercises to do but they aren’t helping too much. DH is on a business trip but I’m gonna have him try that ball thing when he gets back. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Re: the tennis ball for sciatica- if DH isn’t handy, you can place the ball on the floor and sit on it and move your hips to roll it back and forth where you need it. You might have to use your arms and hands to elevate yourself a bit so your full weight isn’t on it if the pressure is too much to begin with. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 and @kmurdock925 thanks! I will just deal with it. Ugh. 

@krashke I sent a screenshot of that picture to my husband immediately. I really hope he'll do it for me tonight. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to that @catlady1215 LOL
  • Options
    @Austenista   @krashke I have off and on sciatic issues. One thing my coworker suggested was standing on the leg that's on the side it affects, cross the other leg over and stretch. It's not a long term solution but it helps stretch area for awhile :)

@llamamamallama It's not quite heartburn yet but I can feel it becoming heartburn if I don't control it :(

@catlady1215 Sent link to my H also. He's like "Well .... other things could help labour too ;) " lmao!!!!
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 Yup same. I've been getting close to bloody nose also :( It's dry enough that it just dries up before becoming an issue. My dr suggested doing salt/water rinse before mouthwash to ensure it doesn't get infected.
  • Options
    @catlady1215 it must be the 2nd tri libido because I would have no problem with that leading to other things 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Omg! I haven't had a boost in libido either @doxiemoxie212! Not even any sexy dreams!
  • Options
    I haven't had the libido boost either and my husband also gets TB weekly emails that always talk about sex drive. I think its more so him than me though. He's easily turned off by any kind of resistance or restriction (which I guess in the case of rape would be a good thing). But if he touches me and I say my nipples are sore, he just leaves the room and gives up (he'd do the same if I wasn't pg with any kind of restrictions). Plus the fact that I bled for almost 7 weeks straight during this pg hasn't helped either. I've thought about initiating myself but yeah he's annoying, and he's not not annoying long enough for me to make a move.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 no worries, I'm with yah. I have noooo interest! Poor DH lol
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @catlady1215 @doxiemoxie212 you two aren't alone. I have no sex drive either. When I'm not pregnant I'm one of those people who would be perfectly happy having sex every single day. But so far I've had sex once or twice during this pregnancy and both times were because my husband really wanted sex and I'm like "eh why not?" I've had a couple of sex dreams and such here and there but not often. With my son I didn't get the increased libido till around 36 weeks. At that point sex was so incredibly uncomfortable and difficult so there was still virtually no sex. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    +1 on sex drive. Although it depends on the day. It's not like before, but it's not like 1st trimester of "i'm too tired"
    The worst part is, when I'm in the mood - quite often my H isn't. WTF! Lol
  • Options
    Add me to no increased libido. Actually, decreased, dramatically.  I was good with sex on most days before. Now, I couldn't care less. We are definitely getting the short end of the stick here.
  • Options
    Maybe this is TMI, but the “back rub” that ultimately morphs into a butt massage is probably one of the top five ways my H and I end up having sex. That picture definitely gave me ideas.   :p
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    LIbido is up, just as I get the marginal placenta previa diagnosis, and am told to abstain for 6 weeks until my next checkup. Thanks, universe!
  • Options
    helenbzhelenbz member
    edited January 2018
    I am traveling and having some symptoms. I clicked on this thread for the first time and now I feel a million times better. Thank you ladies! I appreciate the sharing, it makes me feel like I’m not alone. 

My issue right now is that my uterus feels so so heavy...Last night I flew from Alaska to Washington (3.5 hours) and couldn’t get comfortable at all. Then we drove to Oregon (3 hours) and I’ve been uncomfortable ever since. I feel pressure in my low low abdomen and it gets worse when I lie down or when I walk. If I try and lift my legs mish, it feels weird. I also can’t bend properly. Ideas?? My bump does seem bigger so maybe its just normal uncomfortable bump related pains? I was getting RLP for a while but that’s ceased for right now. I’m 19w 4 d and I didn’t expect this type of “there’s a thing in there” discomfort until later. 

Water intake: I second all the folks saying buy a huge water bottle with a straw. I bought a stainless steel insulated one with a straw abd I fill it full of ice water in the morning and it stays cold all day and the ice lasts so whenever I refill it, it’s ice cold. Mine is 64 oz. 

I still havent gained any weight...but my BMI is 25 so my dr isn’t worried at all.