June 2018 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating (w/o 1/4)

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating (w/o 1/4)

• @doxiemoxie212 I think that means you just need more donuts...
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • I am seriously craving American style Chinese food. England has good Chinese food but it’s not the same. 
    I’m making general tsos chicken, fried rice, and pork dumplings for dinner so I’m hoping that satisfies my craving.
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @profmcgonagall whaaat? England doesn't have general tsos? I know it's not an actual traditional Chinese dish, but I figured it would be in... England...? I don't know why I figured that... 
  • @doxiemoxie212, it’s no where I have found. The fried rice is usually just plain rice with onions and dumplings aren’t very popular either. It’s very sad. 
    I’m going to go crazy on some Chinese food the first time I go back to the states. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Damnit, now I want Chinese food
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @profmcgonagall It goes both ways - I actually hate ordering Chinese food (American) but I would totally kill for some fried rice, chips and gravy right now UK style.  Can't ever find that here!
  • I wanted Chinese a few weeks ago. Which I never really eat. But due to never eating it, I didn't know any good places to order from. I was sad.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • I really wanted Chinese after reading this. DH and I have put a ban on eating out until further notice, however. So I made an oriental stirfry and some jasmine rice. It wasn't strictly Chinese, but it did the trick for my craving! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @austenista Do you have a stir fry recipe? I'm never happy with what I make. We just got a rice maker so I'd like to start doing stir fry (or something similar) more often. 
  • @llamamama14 weeeelll no. I use the frozen bag from Aldi and I added diced chicken plus some extra teriyaki sauce and served it over rice. It had broccoli, carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts, red bell peppers, baby corn, and mushrooms. It comes with a packet of sauce that is pretty close to teriyaki. I feel like I could easily throw all that together if necessary but it’s so darn easy and affordable to just grab that bag. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @katelynrae86 give me all the Swedish fish!!!

I’ve been avoiding the thread but figured it would be safe to catch up while eating a salted caramel brownie with a giant glass of milk ... but now I want Chinese food!!!
  • edited January 2018
    It's not Chinese food, but DH makes Teriyaki tacos using a grilled Teriyaki pork loin and sauteed cole slaw mix. We add jalepenos, but nothing else. Delish. I think I know what we're having for dinner tonight. It's 7:47 a.m. and I'm already thinking about dinner. Sheesh, preggo!
  • It's cold and snowing. Obviously I wanted a strawberry banana smoothie lmao

I seem to be consistent with the need for things loaded with vitamin C at least
  • @austenista your stir fry sounds like mine, lol. I think I just need to find a store bought sauce I like and stop over-cooking the chicken. 
    @amy614 The stew looks good. We do a crock pot soup weekly in the winter. I'm also doing pregnancy "fourth meals" 
  • Had this tonight: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/01/butternut-squash-and-black-bean-enchilada-skillet/
    I don't take food pictures, so you'll have to go by hers, but this was pretty tasty. I added a f*&^ton more cheese, to suit my need for ample gooey and melty cheese. 
  • @krashke I just reignited my love for avocado toast this weekend!! My kid has been eating avocado on crackers basically every day lately and finally I was like, “wait, don’t give him all the good stuff!” Did you top the avocado with anything? I think simple and classic is so good,  but I also like to top with hot sauce and a fried egg.

Now hungry immediately after eating dinner.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @krashke Mmmm I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow  :# At least 3 days a week. 

@MoonOverGoldsboro always on the egg. Something about the yolk adding to the creaminess. I like to butter my toast first too, because you know, avocado doesn't have enough fat  :p
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro yes with a fried egg. Like @amys614 I also buttered my toast before I put on the avocado. I thought about posting my picture but I was afraid to be judged for my probably overly over easy egg. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke I eat runny eggs all the time....  :o:#:p
  • +1 to the runny egg yolk, @krashke. Bunch of rebels around here!  :p
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • Maybe this should be saved for UO Thursday, but I cannot with the fried eggs. Give me scrambled or no egg at all. 
  • @krashke that looks perrrrrfect!
  • @krashke you rebel, you  ;)

I have this thing about the runniness of eggs, which is why I can never order them at a restaurant besides scrambled. At home, I need them to be just like my papa used to make them for me as a kid. After they cook for a few and the whites are getting cooked, he would add a few tablespoons of water and throw the lid on for a few minutes. He'd  cook them until the yolk edges just started to get hard, but still some run in the middle. And now I can't have them any other way. I can tell by poking them with my finger if I have it right. Aahhhh eggs, they taste even better when pregnant. I don't know who decided to eat them one day, but I'm glad they did. 
  • @krashke @amys614 DROOL. I am at work right now and truly distressed that I cannot immediately cook a perfect slice of egg and avocado toast. Pregnant food frustration is so real.

Ugh. This apple I have in front of me looks so stupid now.
    Son Max born 1/10/17
  • @amys614 I'm picky about restaurant eggs too! At home I eat soft boiled, fried or scrambled but out I always eat scrambled with a touch of salt {WHY ARE THEY FLAVOURLESS OTHERWISE!?}

And now I want crepes lmao
  • I was trying to save my avocado toast meal plans for lunch today but this is making me want to go make it right now. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • On the egg topic... pregnancy is so weird. I don't normally like or eat egg salad but yesterday I got the biggest craving for it. All I could think about was the egg salad sandwiches I had once in Scotland at afternoon tea. So thats my lunch today lol
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • I've had an ongoing craving for The Varsity for about two weeks now (Native Georgian here). Unfortunately, that's about a three hour drive right now. But it will not let up. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mint chocolate brownie.... mmmmmm
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• kfren            - I'm way behind on this thread but ALLL THE SKYLINE CHILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The cafeteria at work just switched the pizza vendor to Larosas...I'm in trouble...
  • @amys614 That's how my dad did eggs growing up! 

Also, boy do I have a serious UO ready for tomorrow. I hope y'all don't kick me off the board.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kmurdock925 Yaaaassss! Skyline is life. DH and I used to buy it at Meijer in frozen tubs, but the Meijer by our house quit carrying it two years back. We don't actually go to Skyline as often as I'd like, so the tubs were convenient and also a lot cheaper. We found the frozen tubs at the Meijer by the in-laws' house last week and stocked up!!! Oh, and my OB's office is within walking distance of a Skyline, so...there's that.
    I have only had Larosas once, on a trip to KI, but I have not forgotten it. It was amazing. Please indulge (periodically) for me ;)
  • kmurdock925kmurdock925 member
    edited January 2018

omg skyline is life.  I grew up in Cincinnati...so...yeah.  I feel inconvenienced that the closest one to my house is 15 minutes away...#firstworldproblems.  The store bought stuff is good but so not the same.  I would send it to DH while he was deployed. 

My first job was at KI- worked there for 3 years so I ate allll of the pizza.  They JUST opened one in Columbus maybe 2 years ago which is great, but from where I am it is kind of a PITA to get there so it doesn't get the love from me it deserves. 

I say every OB office deserves a trip to skyline.  DH worked there in HS and ate all of the free skyline.