April 2018 Moms
Options

Questions 1/1

13»

Re: Questions 1/1

• Options
    Add me to rib pain. Worse for me sitting at my desk and in the car. Sorry you have it too @ekendall09, @hedgepig, @sapphires-and-diamonds @peppersmith22 and @beach_mama.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm super late to this discussion but with both DS and DD1 I had the rib pain towards the end of my pregnancies. It was aggravated by sitting at my desk at work and in the car like many of you have said. To help feel better I would spend a portion of my day standing at my desk instead of sitting (used boxes to lift my keyboard and tilted my monitor). If you work for a company that will get you a convertible desk DO IT!

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ladythrice we have sit/stand desks here and i'm definitely utilizing them!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ekendall09 That is awesome. I wish we had those at work. Ive syarted getting rib pain this week too but only when Ive been sitting, and probably slouching, over the bump at the computer. 
  • Options
    @rach-j Baby boy won't let me slouch. The moment I start to lean forward even just a little he starts wiggling and kicking. He definitely likes his space.
  • Options
    @peppersmith22 Thinking of you! Did they say what the risks for irritated cervix were, other than the bleeding (which I'm sure is annoying enough)? After several issues in my first tri and into my 2nd tri that caused me to be off my feet a lot, I totally feel you.  Hope they allow you to move more and the risks aren't high. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any rib pain....yet.  I get pelvic pressure every now and then and feel the RLP when I sneeze.  Otherwise, its just my dang tailbone.  God, it hurts like crazy.  I'm trying to do more stretches to help, but it definitely makes me walk funny. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scuba_chic mine was all tailbone until recently too.  It's been better but i'm going to try and schedule a chiropractor appt to see if I can get some help with my ribs anyways so i'm going to mention it too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @scuba_chic Not really! I go back next week and I've got a whole list of things to ask. At the hospital they just said that the lifting restriction was to avoid putting pressure in the pelvic area but I didn't really ask about exercise at the time. I did notice the bleeding gets worse after I stand for an extended amount of time