Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin: 01/02/2018

Re: TTTC Checkin: 01/02/2018

• Options
    @BenJay gosh, I'm sorry the doctors you saw gave that vibe.  That stinks. This may all be very basic to you but here is my "flow chart of infertility" in case anything might help:  

Step 1: I went straight to an RE.  RE wanted to ensure I ovulated (so, letrozole).  They ran a few tests at that point (TSH, ABO/Rh, PRL, CF, SMA) I think letrozole alone loses much of its efficacy after 4 failed cycles (I did 4 unmonitored all BFN but did track ovulation with OPK)

Step 2: Then I moved to a new city, found a new RE, and had a few more tests (vitamin D, HSG) and then did 3 more ultrasound-monitored cycles with letrozole + HCG trigger shot + progesterone supplements... also all BFN.  

Step 3: Now on to IUI, day 3 testing required by my insurance (AMH, FSH, Estradiol) which is where I am now, but delayed a few months due to uterine polyp which led to an SHG and a hysteroscopy/D&C.  

I understand that IUI also loses much of its efficacy after 4 cycles and at that point, IVF would be the next step.

Again, my "flow chart" is limited to my experience but thought I'd share just in case.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    @wishing-and-hoping Hope  you can have your polyp taken care of soon!! When I was one femara / letrozole, but body barely responded to it. Only thing that helped was follistim.

AFM: AF showed over night, so starting lovely BC tomorrow for about a week, then 1st baseline ultrasound to start the real fun stuff :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lablover78 I think all that you are feeling is really understandable and in fact I've read about those same feelings in many blogs of women who got pregnant after IF.   I too hope you are able to revel in the joy and pray everything is just as it should be at your appointment.  Until then, all the hugs! 
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    @lablover78 hang in there!  I laugh now when people say the TWW is the hardest, I think the time between beta and ultrasound is pure hell on earth.  Hoping your good news continues! 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    @lablover78 I have all my fingers crossed that everything goes well on Thursday. I think we're pretty much in the same place right now. I have about 15 hours until my US (not that I'm counting haha). I've enlisted my husband to keep me completely distracted for the rest of the day. It was a bit over 47 degrees here today (approx 117 Fahrenheit I believe), so we spent the day floating around our local public pool.
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @soehlerk sorry to hear about your grandmother  :(

@Worldtravler0522 everything FX for you!!

@lablover78 I hope everything goes well for you on Thursday and you are reveled of some of your stress and anxiety. 

So my nurse called the other day and changed my schedule a bit, so I ended up going in for my first monitoring appointment yesterday and will go back tomorrow for my second. Everything went really well, he said my blood work was perfect and I have 16 or so follicles growing! I feel so relieved! Tonight we add cetrotide into the mix. 
  • Options
    Worldtravler0522 I have the same issue! I feel like maybe I should change the ringtone for my clinic to something soothing, because I literally will jump when I see they are calling!  :#
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Congrats @tops-2

TTC since December 2014
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    @tops-2 congrats!  so excited for you!
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Congrats @tops-2!! I'm so happy for you!!
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    @wishing-and-hoping - Wow, such a different experience for me. I wonder if it's because I am with an HMO?

Did the hormone testing, verification of ovulation by Day 21 progesterone levels, clear HSG. Then 3 unsuccessful rounds of IUI (Clomid + Ovidrel + Ultrasound to verify follicle size).  That was April of 2017, our last round. I asked my GP again about trying, so awaiting her advice.

I have to admit it has been hard, mostly because of the holidays, facing yet another year of uncertainty. DH and I decided no IVF, so this is the last-last shot.  

@tops-2 - Congratulations!!

@lablover78 - Selfishly, I am glad you're still lurking and posting <3
    Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• Options
    @tops-2  that is so amazing!  congratulations!!!

@BenJay  you might be right about HMO, i am not sure.  is there an RE in your HMO network that you could get a referral to or are you limited to a primary care doc?  either way, i hope someone can give you a good answer about what to do next.

TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    Annnd *TW* my baby sister just announced she's KU for the second time since we started trying. *TW* I don't even know what to do...if I cry or say anything about not wanting to hear about it my entire family will think I'm just selfish. I can't muster the energy to be super fake happy, I just can't. Four years of this crap has beaten me down and taken my positive energy. 

Blah, just blah
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe she sucks.  IF sucks even more and I'm sorry you're in this spot.  Also F your family if they think you are being selfish, you need to do what's best for you and brings you the most peace right now.  I haven't been at this for as long as you but I can relate to the feeling beat down by news like this.  

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    @tops-2 congratulations!! 

@hoffmanr7  yay! So exciting! How many days will you end up stimming for? 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe ughhh, girl, I am sorry you have to deal with that. I agree with @Worldtravler0522 you need to do what’s best for you. Don’t let them make you feel bad for feeling the way you do. 
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe ugh. I’m sorry. You do what you need to take care of yourself right now. 

@BWhitta strep is no joke. Sorry you’re dealing with that on top of everything else. Glad you were able to connect with someone, though! 

@hoffmanr7 we’re trigger and ER buddies! 
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe  My sister also told me she was pg when I was 5 months into trying.  Even at 5 months (for context, we had been wanting to try for a year before that but couldn't due to a flare of my arthritis), I was devastated when she told me.  Especially because she did it in a really annoying way... and its her 3rd.  At that point, she didn't even know we were trying, but I had to tell her because my reaction was so obviously terrible (I don't have a good poker face).  Being honest was hard, but I just told her "I am happy for you, but I am sad for me."  I also confronted her about the way she told me she was pg, and let her know how insensitive it was.  I don't think of it as selfish, I just think of it as honest and human.  It brought us closer together and I hope the same for you and your sister.  This is all so hard.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    Thinking of you @hoffmanr7 and @halfanewt! I hope all goes well today! 
  • Options
    I am triggering tonight with ER Friday morning. It’s happening! 
  • Options
    Thanks @Kim41313! Trigger tonight for you! Yes! 

AFM - 18 eggs! Now I’m making my cat’s day by letting her snuggle my heating pad, lol
  • Options
    @Kim41313 Yay for triggering! Keeping fx
    @halfanewt Holy buckets, 18!

AFM I'm a little disappointed, 7 eggs for us. I was hoping for at least 10. But I am concentrating on the positive and telling myself 7 is still a good number.
    Unexplained Infertility

• Options
    Holy cow, I have missed so much!!

AF started last week, so I'm definitely aiming for a Feb FET.

@hoffmanr7 - Congratulations!!! Keeping FX so hard for your 7!!

It's tough because, as you know, so much of this is a numbers game. But I've seen women get 20 eggs and only 9 fertilize, and women get 5 eggs and all 5 make it to blast. Hoping all of yours make it to blast - this next few days will be terrifying! Take it easy and sending you all my good vibes!!!!

@halfanewt - congratulations!

@Kim41313 - Yey! Great news! Keeping FX for you tomorrow!

@SoonToBeMommaHowe - Ugh, I'm so sorry. I mean, my sisters have all been pregnant and had kids since we started trying, but at the very least, they definitely do not tell me I'm selfish when I cry about how hard it's been for me. IF sucks, and insensitive people suck even more.

@BWhitta - I hope you feel better soon!

@tops-2 - congratulations!

@lablover78 - how are you doing? I'd be anxious too. IF does a real number on your head. 

@kristimh80 - so glad you are moving forward!

@Bababatty - Forgot to mention, I laughed when you said you were a Newsies fan. Hahaha. I see, you're one of those. ;) I mean, I'm not a Newsies fan, but I do know people who still think it was Christian Bale's best-ever role.  :p

@wishing-and-hoping - I hate waiting, and polyps. When my RE told me they needed to cancel my fresh transfer because of a polyp, I had a meltdown right there, over the phone. ps. Loved your Cher gif.

Also, I totally agree about unexplained. I thought I'd made peace with it, and then our FET failed and I got a couple of pregnancy announcements, and here I am again, just: "WHY?!" The frustration comes in waves, I find. 

Best wishes, everyone!
  • Options
    limeburstlimeburst member
    edited January 2018
    @halfanewt that’s great!! 

@hoffmanr7 7 is a good number!! Keeping FX that they all make it to blast!

@funkykey  yay for AF and February FET! 

Will you ladies be doing a fresh or frozen transfer?

I’m a little freaked out about the trigger shot. It’s a big needle and the nurse explained how MH has to push it in (jab it in, really). She drew a circle on my butt so he knows where to aim lol. Neither one of us is really looking forward to it.  :s
  • Options
    @Kim41313 Don't worry too much about it! I always ice the spot before giving the trigger shot, so you feel nothing!! :) 

@Worldtravler0522 Yay!!! Congratulations!! Enjoy the moment and try not to worry too much on the "what ifs"! <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Kim41313 Don't worry about the trigger shot. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. DH  gets a bit wigged out by needles but he managed to do mine just fine.  Like @kristimh80 said, ice the area first. It will help.

And thanks everyone for the pep talks. I just keep telling myself it only takes one. Its going to be a long weekend waiting for the transfer
    Unexplained Infertility

• Options
    @Worldtravler0522 - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! If I were in your shoes, I'd be nervous too. But I have a really good feeling about this one. Fingers crossed for you!!!

@Kim41313 - I actually found the trigger shot not as bad as the PIO shots. But yeah, towards the end of our last cycle, my DH was a little bit traumatized, like: "Gosh, I really have to push." And I'd be there, lying with my pants down, like: "Just do it!"

Oh, IF. So... romantic? Hahaha.
  • Options
    @Worldtravler0522 yes! Congratulations! 
    @Kim41313 hope the trigger went well! It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting, but my butt was sore for a couple days after. 
    @funkykey ah, the romance. 
    @hoffmanr7 congrats! Are you planning on Day 3 or day 5 transfer? 
  • Options
    @Worldtravler0522 I meant to say congrats in my earlier po st. Am keeping my fx for you.

@halfanewt Just heard back that we are going to be a day 5 transfer. How are you feeling today after the retrieval?

AFM, I'm feeling a lot better than I thought I would today. And I heard from the lab, 4 of our 7 eggs fertilized normally. 
    Unexplained Infertility

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 Fx for your four embies over the weekend - so you will have a Monday transfer?
    I totally feel you on feeling disappointed with lower numbers. 

@halfanewt are you also heading for Monday?
    @kim41313 good luck for ER tomorrow 

@funkykey good that you’re on for a Feb FET!

@Worldtravler0522 keeping everything crossed - when will you have a beta?

AFM ER today and we got 3 eggs! Which is absolutely amazing for me. (We only got one in each other cycle) So well done ovaries! They get a rest for a few days now and I’m nervously awaiting our fert report on Friday. That PTSD will definitely kick in when I see the phone number on the screen tomorrow... I’m asking those little eggs to welcome the sperm so we can have at least two fertilized, although three would see DH breaking open a bottle of champagne!

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @emmasemm - congratulations!!!! Great news re: your three!!

@hoffmanr7 - FX for your four! Grow embies, grow!
  • Options
    @emmesmum Congrats on your 3! Yes, I am transferring Monday. Keeping my fx a good fert report
    Unexplained Infertility

• Options
    @Bababatty YAY! That's great news! Glad you found a new dr that you like!! What estimate have you been given to start?
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019