May 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 1/1

Re: Weekly Questions 1/1

• Options
    @fraufarbissina to echo what @sandbar517 said, yes it’s true however it mostly pertains to “mini bags” and small bags of fluids (250cc’s and less). Many antibiotics can be pushed, etc. our hospital had a bit of a crisis with it at first but things are under control now. It shouldn’t be a huge issue in May. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The nurse told me i could eat before i drank it, but not after. I don't remember fasting before the others. Curious to hear the other responses.

I didn't know about the shortage of IV bags either. Yikes.
  • Options
    I did my glucose test in the morning after working a night shift, and I think they actually told me NOT to fast, but I did anyway (for at least a few hours, if I remember correctly) because I didn't want to chance failing it!  I barely passed. 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    If you are on a low carb diet, make sure you eat at least 100 grams of carbs per day for a week before the test. A bagel and a sandwich should do it. It’s probably a good idea to not eat any carbs the morning of the test, however. I would stick with eggs and no toast.
  • Options
    Help me brainstorm! Is there anything baby related I could use these drawers for? I just emptied my makeup out of them but don’t want to get rid of the drawers if I can still use them. Drawers might be too shallow too effectively hold diapers? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lincbeesmom I was going to say art stuff too.  Not sure about stuff for baby though. 
  • Options
    nanifrog said:
    @lincbeesmom your closet looks awesome! I'm not sure you're going to having a whole lot from those for baby. Maybe for toys later on. Legos for one or art supplies.
    That’s our bathroom. We don’t have a linen closet so technically that’s where I’m supposed to put my sheets and towels haha ummm this girl does not know how to fold a fitted sheet so all of my bathroom stuff goes there. 

As for the drawers, that’s kind of what I thought. I tried putting toys in there for DS once and all the drawers ended up being pulled out and everything was on the floor haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bwow615 said:
    @lincbeesmom I was going to say art stuff too.  Not sure about stuff for baby though. 
    I’ll probably just sell it. Maybe someone can use it for sewing supplies or something. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry for those who are viewing my pictures on desktop. I just hopped on my computer and my pictures are HUGE. I'm always on mobile so they don't seem that big.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Maybe after my baby shower I can do an inventory of how much crap I have haha 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lincbeesmom, I'm sort of a hoarder when it comes to drawers, but maybe hold onto it to see if you need it.  After the baby comes, you might find a use for it.  I hate when I give something away and then find something that would have worked perfect for what I just got rid of.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

@lincbeesmom I don't have a suggestion for a use for the drawers but just wanted to say your makeup and towel storage are so beautiful it makes me want to cry. Our linen closet/bathroom storage is such a ridiculous mess that if someone posted a picture of it on the internet I probably actually WOULD cry.

I had a really weird sensation over the holidays that I keep thinking about. I will probably ask my doctor about it next week but thought I'd see if anyone's familiar with it. A bunch of times through one day I had feelings that felt like they were coming from inside my belly that felt almost like a... buzzing or something. Like this really fast shakey movement, almost like a cellphone was vibrating in my uterus. After it happened a few times in different places I got scared I was feeling the baby have a seizure or something, but everything I found online said that as long as he was moving around normally afterwards it was probably fine. Which he has been. Anyone else ever experienced this??

• Options
    @lincbeesmom mine is almost identical except I still have DS's lunch sitting out. Currently trying to get him to nap then I'm going to attempt to get it straightened up down there 
  • Options
    bwow615 said:
    @lincbeesmom mine is almost identical except I still have DS's lunch sitting out. Currently trying to get him to nap then I'm going to attempt to get it straightened up down there 
    DS wanted to do a balloon challenge. Kid watches too much YouTube. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @thunderberry I think a few of us were feeling something like that earlier on when movement was starting. I read a lot about babies nervous system is developing a lot so sometimes there can be jerky movements. *not a doctor of course*
  • Options
    nanifrog said:

@lincbeesmom i can't believe you have balloons on your floor! What kind of homemaker are you?!?! ::Sarcasm::
    Haha the worst kind! I’ve been on the Bump all day and I have things to do in every corner of this apartment. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited January 2018
    @justsuzie hahahaha that's great. I would be posting a pic of my husband's gun safe lol. 
  • Options
    justsuzie said:
    @babys_2018 All I want is vegetable broth with vermicelli noodles and a slice of toast.  I am a weirdo! 
    Ah crap you just re-ignited my love for/craving for Mr. Noodles. They are soooo bad for you...but I might drive to the grocery store to get some.

• Options
    @lincbeesmom I think all kids are obsessed with YouTube these days! My 4 year old nephew dressed up as Stephen sharer for Halloween. I hope DS doesn't get that into it, but with his cousins around it's inevitable.  The only thing we watch on YouTube right now is vintage Donald duck, Mickey mouse and chip and Dale cartoons.