June 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions│Last week of 2017

2»

Re: Weekly Questions│Last week of 2017

• Question for the anterior placenta moms. Hasn't been confirmed except by the elective ultrasound tech. But how far along are you and what are you feeling? Just curious. I feel him, but it's so light and not consistent. Ugh, hate it. But situation could be worse!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @catlady1215 I have low lying anterior so if I feel kicks they’re up higher. Down low what I feel is more the rolling and flipping. Not nearly  as frequent or consistent as I felt with DD at this point, maybe once or twice a day, booo!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @catlady1215 I don’t feel much. I’m 18+1. I occasionally think I might feel something (like fingers / fluttering) but nothing consistent. 
  • @catlady1215, I'm only 15+2 with an anterior placenta (at least according to our 12w NT scan), and I haven't felt anything yet. But I'm also a FTM as well.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @ffw0617 I didn't make mom friends until my DD went to preschool, now I have 1 mom friend lol. I have a couple of friends now who recently had kids, but we don't really do playdates or anything, because their kids are so much younger. 
    I say keep the friends you can (cause lots of non-kid friends will bail on you after you have a kid) and make mom friends when the chance comes around. 
  • Thanks for all the well wishes!!

im 17+1 STM with anterior placenta and thought I felt something yesterday but I couldn’t really tell. My first pregnancy it took another couple of weeks before I could definitely say it was Baby. 
  • @icecubeinthedesert I didn't think about church. That's a really good idea. We don't have any church friends really, although we know people who attend the same church but we became friends from things outside of church.

I'm not so much worried about adult interaction at DH works from home so even if I stay home for a long period he'll be there a lot of the time. I'm more so wanting someone for the baby to play with. I'm not worried about when the baby is older as 3 of DH's friends had babies in 2017, so they'll all be 6 months- 1 year apart from our child. But for the first year or so before he can walk and kind of play with babies a little older.

My godson's mom (he's 7) has a great group of mom friends they take turns planning a weekend activity for the kids and now that they are older (and all their kids are best friends) they kind of just drop each kid off to the mom who is planning the activity with $20 to cover the activity and food and they rotate that way. Giving each mom 3 or 4 child free hours every weekend. It helps that they all only have one child and they all keep their kids in the same athletic associations so their weekend schedules are basically the same.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • So I bought myself a little Doppler for peace of mind/fun. I am finding a heart beat right of my belly button but I’m not convinced it’s not my own. I get feel LO wiggling in that general location so I know I’m “warm” but all the aorta talk makes me think I might just be hearing mine. Tips? Thoughts? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ramblebeeramblebee member
    edited January 2018
    @Austenista I was worried about that too so I find my own heartbeat first up in the center of my chest and then move down to LO where the US tech works. Placing my doppler anywhere else wont register a heartbeat so I know its finding LO.
  • @Austenista time the beats. Your heartbeat is muuuuch slower than baby’s. 
  • Update: pretty sure I found the real deal second try but LO evidently doesn’t like it as immediately moved away. DS was the same way. Anyway, now I’m satisfied I heard it so I’ll stop. DH will probably wanna hear but we will leave LO alone after that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista have you tried to look up a video on YouTube? Thats what I did and once I heard the difference on someone else, the distinction becomes more clear after hearing a few times. Aside from the speed, the actual sound is really different too. 

My LO also used to move away a lot, but now that it's larger, I can still almost always hear it. I can now also hear babys movement on the Doppler.  I only do it for 10 seconds or less, just enough to calm my arse down during a long stretch between appointments until I can feel kicks.