February 2018 Moms
Options

Monday and Beyond B*tchfest | 12.18

Can't believe I almost forgot to post this!
Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Monday and Beyond B*tchfest | 12.18

• Options
    F this college BS. 
  • Options
    I'm congested with this cold...and 4th toe is broken. I'm so over this week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    I'm congested with this cold...and 4th toe is broken. I'm so over this week. 

Oh no! Can they do anything for it, or is it just one of those "wait and it'll heal naturally" deals?
  • Options
    My trainee came to work sick (without a fever but still hacking all over), couldn't remember what we'd gone over last week, couldn't understand her notes and said "I just had to cram a lot in so it's going to take awhile to learn it." Um....I've shown you maybe 1/8 of my job and it's the easy part. If you're overwhelmed with that then I'm terrified to show you the advanced stuff. Also thanks to my boss's procrastination in interviewing and hiring anyone, I have 8 weeks to get her solid in every single aspect of my job, some of which is extremely detailed and complicated. I could strangle my boss over this. 

And that woman (my boss) is on glue if she thinks that they can call, text and email me while I'm out to "walk people through" how to do something. Nope, the time is now. She should have gotten her ass in gear and learned my job when I told her I wanted to go over things with her but she said nope. I'm just over it and pissed off at the mess I know I'm coming back to because this woman is not at the skill set they need to do cost accounting and to work with our CPA on taxes.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 I feel your pain. My job hasn’t even hired someone to replace me yet  :# I gave them a job description over a month ago and it is still being “reviewed” by the recruiting team WTF
    best case senerio is someone starting Jan 22. I will be 37 weeks that week, I had my son at 38 weeks. No one else knows how to do my job. 
    The head of Hr tells me Friday it is nothing for me to worry about. 
  • Options
    @GoogleMD I'm seriously almost tempted to say "Give me a laptop, email me stuff to print off and I'll handle the hard shit from home. Just tack on my hours as vacation and let me stay home an extra week or two." Then I just have to worry about teaching her the day to day stuff. Most of the "advanced" work I can get done in 8-12 hours a month because it can't be done until everyone else has their stuff entered. I only say this because I'll be coming back to an audit in less than 3 weeks from my return date and won't have time to clean up all of her mistakes.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    GoogleMDGoogleMD member
    edited December 2017
    Yes, i am taking 12 weeks of leave, and have entertained the idea of coming back part time from Home just to take care of the critical things. My leave won’t be paid since I haven’t been with the company a full year so have a little money coming in does sound nice. If I go this route I plan on making a very short list of thing I will do and not deviating  ;)
  • Options
    HOW IS IT STILL MONDAY!  :D:s My toddler monster has been pushing every single button of mommy's that she can find today although I am hoping for a better day tomorrow after 2 poopy diapers I'm sure her stomach is feeling better which normally translates to a less toddler monster type day.  My stomach is getting in the way so much now that every time she tries to cuddle it just pushes and feels horrible as one pushes out and one is pushing in lol.  11 p.m. and finally starting to wind down after a late nap and hoping she falls asleep soon because I am exhausted!!
  • Options
    People who take their scheduled appointment time as more of a “suggestion” are driving me insane today. Your appointment is for 10, be here by then, not an hour later and get mad at me for not being seen right away! I would never ever think to show up an hour late to anything without at LEAST calling ahead of time to see if I can still come! 
  • Options
    People who take their scheduled appointment time as more of a “suggestion” are driving me insane today. Your appointment is for 10, be here by then, not an hour later and get mad at me for not being seen right away! I would never ever think to show up an hour late to anything without at LEAST calling ahead of time to see if I can still come! 

• Options
    I'm getting a new-to-me/new-to-the-subject student (transferring into my class) tomorrow, three days before break.  WTF?
  • Options
    Thank you for being courteous. It bothers the crap out of me too. I work at a medical facility, and this exact thing happened last week. She had the expectation that she was here so she still needed to be seen, even though we were over 30 minutes into her scheduled appointment time. 

I show up to my OB appointments 15 mins before Check in (because I don’t like being late for anything) and this past time, I was taken back 15 mins after my scheduled time. It kinda sucked, but I understand there are emergencies sometimes. I would hope someone would be understanding if something happened where I needed that emergency treatment. 
  • Options
    amb929amb929 member
    edited December 2017
    I completely agree! I am pretty much one of the only punctual people I know. I show up places five mins early so that I’m on time. I get so bent out of shape when people are late and they don’t at least apologize or call to tell me they’ll be late. When I do this for other people they always say how thoughtful it is. Umm yaaa common courtesy people! So I completely understand and sympathize with how you feel! 

@babybro218 as a former teacher... Oy. The struggle is real. I hope they at least come in with some kind of grade from a previous teacher that you can use as a basis for whatever grade you’ll give them when the quarter ends. I imagine not if they’re new to the subject. That blows. I wouldn’t stress too much and just focus on getting to your holiday break! 

AFM... pretty sure H food poisoned himself with bad gravy yesterday. He has an eye infection so he claimed he couldn’t see the white spots on the gravy and overnight was violently ill/still is. I’m hoping it was that and not the stomach bug or chances are we are missing Christmas this year. If it’s the stomach bug  DS or I will get it and things like this linger for me. I wouldn’t be half surprised to end up in the hospital.  Lysoling the entire goddamn house, throwing all the food away, getting DS off to daycare and trying to remember to take my sinus infection meds and rest to lessen the Braxton Hicks that have started all through this mess has been challenging. I’m in prayer this is just food poisoning cause he’s wasn’t paying attention and is an idiot and not a virus that’ll reek havoc on this house.

An entertaining exchange from this morning so that I’ll laugh instead of cry about all this... DS wasn't too terribly concerned about H but since I had to take him to school, was unshowered and literally broke all the blood vessels in my face from this sinus infection... I had to change and put makeup on etc. I put on PJ Masks and escaped to the bathroom I designated as “off limits” to my sick husband cause Im kind like that... DS got confused/scared/concerned and came to the bathroom looking for me 

A: What doing? 
    Me: Brushing my teeth and putting on makeup.
    A: Why? 
    Me: So mommy can take you to school. 
    A: You okay?!?!
    Me: Sorta buddy... can mommy please get a minute to finish? 
    A: Noooooo I stay here *sits on the floor of the bathroom and waits* 
  • Options
    Thank you for being courteous. It bothers the crap out of me too. I work at a medical facility, and this exact thing happened last week. She had the expectation that she was here so she still needed to be seen, even though we were over 30 minutes into her scheduled appointment time. 

I show up to my OB appointments 15 mins before Check in (because I don’t like being late for anything) and this past time, I was taken back 15 mins after my scheduled time. It kinda sucked, but I understand there are emergencies sometimes. I would hope someone would be understanding if something happened where I needed that emergency treatment. 
    I work in a hospital where emergencies happen frequently and routinely scheduled patients end up waiting. It’s just part of the deal and most people are understanding. My patient who was an hour late today was not only late but didn’t bother to offer and apology or explanation or even acknowledge that she was late  :s  I wish I was allowed to just have them reschedule but it’s all about patient satisfaction/customer service these days! 
  • Options

I work in a hospital where emergencies happen frequently and routinely scheduled patients end up waiting. It’s just part of the deal and most people are understanding. My patient who was an hour late today was not only late but didn’t bother to offer and apology or explanation or even acknowledge that she was late  :s  I wish I was allowed to just have them reschedule but it’s all about patient satisfaction/customer service these days! 
    The nurse that does my NSTs at the hospital was talking about this yesterday. Don’t schedule an appointment and be late. Period. It’s rude. 

On the same same topic I had a parent meeting yesterday scheduled for 9am. Parent showed at 9:30 and claimed it was scheduled for then. No mam. We aren’t stupid. We have students beginning at 9:45 we wouldn’t plan a 9:30 meeting you are just late. 
  • Options
    This is a petty complaint, but one that I will bitch about nonetheless.  There is a new law in my state where you are required to get an HIV blood test during your third trimester.  Apparently I can decline, but if I decline, they will just take a blood draw from my baby when she is born to ensure she doesn't have HIV.  Under no circumstances do I want my daughter getting a needless blood test.  It's so petty to complain about cuz it's just one more blood draw, but it's just so unnecessary when I've had multiple screenings and nothing has changed (same partner, don't do IV drugs, and haven't had a blood transfusion).  I did this HIV test 2 years in a row while doing IVF and I'm pretty sure it was included in one of the other blood draws I've had during this pregnancy.  The OB fully acknowledged it was a stupid required test.  It's just another thing I have find time to do.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They did mine at my glucose test @Megzb510.  It's required here too.
  • Options
    They did mine at my glucose test @Megzb510.  It's required here too.
    I think I did my glucose test *just* before third tri....like probably a couple days before third tri   :/  Wish I could have combined them!
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Today is Tuesday and I am my own Twatwaffle.  I quickly made my lunches (turkey burgers) for the week last night.  I've made these a bunch of times before and figured I knew the measurements for the seasonings and didn't need to check the recipe.  Turns out I used the right proportions, but the wrong measurements (tablespoons instead of teaspoons).  Needless to say, they were very potent turkey burgers and I get to have them again, every day for the rest of  the week. :(
  • Options
    I have 2.

The first one is the lady who thinks the pto apparel fundraiser is frikking wal-mart layaway, and is making weekly payments on the stuff she ordered,  and placed 4 separate orders.  She made one of the most complicated sorting tasks exponentially longer last night. 

The second is i had one kid get 4 wisdom teeth removed today, and then another one sent home for concusion watch because she smacked the back of her head that hard on the gym floor in pe this morning,  and my mother arrives tomorrow.  Nothing has gotten accomplished today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    I would think anything past 15 minutes should require a reschedule. 
  • Options
    Megzb510 said:
    This is a petty complaint, but one that I will bitch about nonetheless.  There is a new law in my state where you are required to get an HIV blood test during your third trimester.  Apparently I can decline, but if I decline, they will just take a blood draw from my baby when she is born to ensure she doesn't have HIV.  Under no circumstances do I want my daughter getting a needless blood test.  It's so petty to complain about cuz it's just one more blood draw, but it's just so unnecessary when I've had multiple screenings and nothing has changed (same partner, don't do IV drugs, and haven't had a blood transfusion).  I did this HIV test 2 years in a row while doing IVF and I'm pretty sure it was included in one of the other blood draws I've had during this pregnancy.  The OB fully acknowledged it was a stupid required test.  It's just another thing I have find time to do.
    I don't know if it's law in Washington.....but around 12- 14 weeks they did the hiv-sexual disease tests. I wonder why they have you do it late. 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    Megzb510 said:
    I don't know if it's law in Washington.....but around 12- 14 weeks they did the hiv-sexual disease tests. I wonder why they have you do it late. 
    It could be because it can take up to 6 months after exposure to test positive for HIV. They probably want to test 6 months after the initial negative to confirm the results. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    Chawk17 said:
    I would think anything past 15 minutes should require a reschedule. 
    I agree. However we’re expected to find time to squeeze them in between the patients who managed to keep their appointment time 
  • Options
    @kristinl492 if we are more than 10 minutes late then our receptionist will cancel our appointment, reschedule and send a bill! I totally agree with this! I am also someone who is 15 minutes early just in case I can't find parking. We are also in Canada so that probably makes a difference! 
  • Options
    I just had a client no call no show tonight. Insert pissed off face! He will be having a $40 no show fee on his bill at his next session. 
  • Options
    I just had a client no call no show tonight. Insert pissed off face! He will be having a $40 no show fee on his bill at his next session. 
    I wish we could do this at my job! It’s so inconvienet! I had yet another patient show up 30 mins past his time, he wasn’t prescreened correctly so we had to take an extra 30 mins to clear him before I could even start his exam. It would be so nice to charge these patients who continually show up late and take time out of our days!
  • Options
    DH has been on me about working out.  I know he's doing it because he wants what's best for me and the baby, and it will help with my glucose levels and make labor easier.  I really do want to work out, but I'm also on my feet a good part of the day with 135 students and I have an hour commute to and from work, and, in case he forgot, I'm really freaking pregnant. I work out on weekends and walk the dog, but when I get home,  I just want to nap.  I don't know how you working mamas with kids at home are doing this!
  • Options
    @babybro218 H has been encouraging me to work out as well, also from a place of love because he knows I feel better after (usually) and take fitness seriously. BUT, anything more than walking the dogs causes me abdominal pain now (and even walking the dogs can cause pain) so that's a big ol' "NOPE." But even just standing up will strengthen the muscles in your back and pelvic floor because they have to work to hold you upright. So it's better than nothing (which is what I do, sitting in my desk chair all day).
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    My body is crashing after even a mile walk now. I drink water and lay down on my left side after and just fall asleep. 

I am down to like 10 minute walks.. and that's not very far since I have to walk relativly slowly to avoid RLP and Braxton hicks.
  • Options
    My body is crashing after even a mile walk now. I drink water and lay down on my left side after and just fall asleep. 

I am down to like 10 minute walks.. and that's not very far since I have to walk relativly slowly to avoid RLP and Braxton hicks.
    I'm finding that shopping after work has been giving me Braxton Hicks lately. Definitely slows down my walking for sure!
    And unrelated but baking cookies is much more tiring while pregnant! I had big plans to do tons of baking after school during this week and I'm not nearly as productive as I planned to be thus far.
  • Options
    kbrinks2 said:
    @kristinl492 if we are more than 10 minutes late then our receptionist will cancel our appointment, reschedule and send a bill! I totally agree with this! I am also someone who is 15 minutes early just in case I can't find parking. We are also in Canada so that probably makes a difference! 
    What type of appt is this for that they would send you a bill in Canada? I'm in Canada and the doctor's offices can't send you a bill for a missed appt unless it's for a private service (i.e. massage, physio). 
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited December 2017
    Omg DH left at 6:30 pm last night- to go hang out with a friend. It's 8:42am..and he hasn't returned. I've taken shower, eaten breakfast, did morning bumping. NOW I'm starting to get pissed off.  Where are you DH.
    Now I need to figure out how to handle situation when he walks in. 

• Options
    I wish we could do this at my job! It’s so inconvienet! I had yet another patient show up 30 mins past his time, he wasn’t prescreened correctly so we had to take an extra 30 mins to clear him before I could even start his exam. It would be so nice to charge these patients who continually show up late and take time out of our days!
    Is your office hospital owned vs private? 
    All of my Dr, OB, and pedi are all private and will cancel the apt if you are 15 min late. My husbands back dr and the staff are all hospital employees and don’t cancel late apts (so annoying as people are constantly late delaying everyone else)
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    Omg DH left at 6:30 pm last night- to go hang out with a friend. It's 8:42am..and he hasn't returned. I've taken shower, eaten breakfast, did morning bumping. NOW I'm starting to get pissed off.  Where are you DH.

Just tell him that this sh*t will not fly once your child is here. And then give him the coldest of shoulders/silent treatment. That’s what I would do, but my DH would never pull a stunt like this, thank goodness. Good luck!
  • Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited December 2017
    GoogleMD said:
    Is your office hospital owned vs private? 
    All of my Dr, OB, and pedi are all private and will cancel the apt if you are 15 min late. My husbands back dr and the staff are all hospital employees and don’t cancel late apts (so annoying as people are constantly late delaying everyone else)
    I used to work as a receptionist at an OB office owned by public hospital  ( before teaching). We were allowed to cancel late appointments...but it had to come from mid wife or ob- since they got paid by how many patients they saw in a day.   So if someone was an hour late and dr said yes we had to see them..if someone was 15 min  late and dr said no we could reschedule. 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:

What the hell? That's pretty egregious. No phone call to tell you where he is?
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Chawk17 said:

What the hell? That's pretty egregious. No phone call to tell you where he is?
    Yeah. I’d be in a murderous rage/worried sick all at the same time.