July 2018 Moms
Options

I’m just here for the SEX!

paytonpedropaytonpedro member
edited December 2017 in July 2018 Moms
Some of us are finding out the sex of our baby early on, so I figured out why not start this poll!! 

Only once you you find out (via blood test or anotamy scan) answer which you’re having!!! If you’re team green you can answer any time!! Mama’s Of twins or multiple can pic girl for both girls, boy for both boys, or one of each!

Also, if you had or are planning on having a gender reveal, this is the place to tell us all about it!!! Feel free to include pictures!! :)

Edit to add: To keep the thread from getting clogged, try to use "love tits" as congratulations to prevent announcements from getting lost in the comments!

I’m just here for the SEX! 139 votes

It’s a BOY!
41% 58 votes
It’s a GIRL!
41% 57 votes
Team Green!
16% 23 votes
One BOY, One GIRL!
0% 1 vote

Re: I’m just here for the SEX!

• Options
    @BumpAdmin Can you sticky this PLEASEEE! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blondie1314 thanks! I think so too! 

I toyed around with the idea of not finding out since we have one of each already too. I just want to know though. I’m excited that you have the willpower to do it!
  • Options
    I am wanting to do a special reveal with my older kids. This is our last little one. So I want to do something special. 
    Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Options
    @hillbillywife that is such a sweet idea to have your mom do your ultrasound! That will be special. 
  • Options
    @comealongponds that sounds like a special, intimate moment.  How old are your kids again?  I think you told us before.

@hillbillywife I love it!

We are Team Green, always have been!  But I LOVE hearing about reveals.  @babygagnon2018 I think I just saw a video on FB of the car thing!  So cool!!!!  And I've never seen the black and white photo with the color photo underneath.  Also a neat idea.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @comealongponds im 28 and I still get excited to eat a cupcake ;)
    SAME!
  • Options
    DH will probably be away for work when I get my anatomy scan, so I will ask for it written down and we will find out together. We didn’t find out with my DS and I really think it contributed to my PPA being so confused that he was a boy when I had really thought he’d be a girl (I didn’t hope for a girl, just had the feeling and the with the postpartum hormones....) 
    My UO is I find it strange when couples find out and then they keep it a secret from the general public. Like, no one cares as much as you do. My cousin did this and I was like ... why? If you want gender neutral clothing just make it clear that’s what you want! End rant.
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited December 2017
    @celainev Where I live (Deep South), no matter how much you tell people you want gender neutral baby things, if they know the sex of the baby, they WILL get you gendered items you didn't register for. If you told people you wanted gender neutral things for a baby whose sex everyone knows already, they would make extremely ignorant comments about gender. Many people here do not believe that gender is different from sex (not starting a discussion on this, just saying what an opinion is here). So if you're having a girl but don't want a bunch of pink princess stuff, you can't tell people you're having a girl. And you will get pink princess stuff after the baby is born anyways. Just some insight on why some people know but choose not to tell. 
  • Options
    @beanship my family would either buy 1 girl and 1 boy outfit and have me return the one I don't need, or just buy diapers only and call it a day, lol
  • Options
    I got my blood test back yesterday and it's a GIRL! 
    2 boys and a girl was always my dream family when I was growing up.  So cute!  Congratulations!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @kissableviv I use canva at work all the time! I love it. That's a cute announcement, too!

We have one girl and one boy already, and plan to put baby in only white onesies and pants regardless of sex, so my husband is really leaning towards team green this time. I think I still want to know... It helps me mentally prepare.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    beanship said:
    @celainev Where I live (Deep South), no matter how much you tell people you want gender neutral baby things, if they know the sex of the baby, they WILL get you gendered items you didn't register for. If you told people you wanted gender neutral things for a baby whose sex everyone knows already, they would make extremely ignorant comments about gender. Many people here do not believe that gender is different from sex (not starting a discussion on this, just saying what an opinion is here). So if you're having a girl but don't want a bunch of pink princess stuff, you can't tell people you're having a girl. And you will get pink princess stuff after the baby is born anyways. Just some insight on why some people know but choose not to tell. 
    That’s an interesting insight. I guess I’m more ranting about people in my area (Vancouver.) Most people here tend to be more liberal. I have no problem with not finding out, I just think it’s weird to find out and then keep it a secret from everyone. Like I said, I don’t think anyone cares as much as you will so why not tell them? It just seems a bit snowflakish to me. I mean, even in your area couldn’t you just return what you’re not going to put your child in? 
  • Options
    Lol, is it possible to see the sex at 12 weeks? I know it’s really not likely but I swear I saw a tiny penis at my u/s today. I feel crazy for even thinking that and it will probably be a girl now. The ultrasound tech just happened to take a picture where it shows the baby’s legs stretched out and where the legs come together there is a little nub... 
  • Options
    @beanship I totally understand where you’re coming from! I come from a very conservative family and while my brother just recently came out as gay and we all love him the same, a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl (also not trying to start a debate- my family is old school and that’s just an opinion). We found out but am also keeping it a secret from my family. I already have a little boy and don’t need a lot of stuff for this one, and I want to avoid having to take stuff back :)  (Plus to be completely honest- I prefer gender neutral to camo and plaid, especially for a summer baby!)
  • Options
    @hayhay93 I've read that both boys and girls have the nub at this stage- it'll either turn into a penis or a clitoris later on. BUT there was someone on either this thread or the u/s thread who's tech or OB definitively said they saw a penis, so IDK anymore lol. 
  • Options
    @hayhay93 I've read that both boys and girls have the nub at this stage- it'll either turn into a penis or a clitoris later on. BUT there was someone on either this thread or the u/s thread who's tech or OB definitively said they saw a penis, so IDK anymore lol. 
    Yes it is pretty much impossible to tell if the nub is going to turn into a penis or clitoris at this age. Even with the person that posted the sex shot at 11 weeks has me sitting iffy. Wouldn’t be buying all blue stuff just yet. It could even be the umbilical cord showing. 
  • Options
    @hayhay93 My last pregnancy I had an ultrasound at 12 weeks and while I didn't see anything, when I changed practices and had my file transferred I read their notes and it said "no ovaries detected". They did not share that info with me at the time but the blood test confirmed it was a boy 2 weeks later.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hayhay93hayhay93 member
    edited December 2017
    @acunamatada @celainev Okay, that’s what I thought but when I saw the little nub, I was like “what the heck is that?!” Lol! What are the chances that a genetic test would detect the gender improperly? I should be getting my results back shortly after Christmas. 
  • Options
    @BrittG13 oh my gosh!! How crazy! I wonder what they saw on mine. They said all of the organs and brain looked healthy, but of course didn’t mention any gender specific details, I wish they would tell us these things. Just to speculate about the possible sex is really fun lol. My boyfriend thinks it’s a boy, his stepdad keeps calling the baby a she. When I saw the little nub on ultrasound I knew it wasn’t really possible to tell at this time but I thought I’d ask because it really looked like a penis at first glance lol. 
  • Options
    hayhay93 said:
    @acunamatada @celainev Okay, that’s what I thought but when I saw the little nub, I was like “what the heck is that?!” Lol! What are the chances that a genetic test would detect the gender improperly? I should be getting my results back shortly after Christmas. 
    I think it is fairly accurate as I’m pretty sure part of the genetic testing is checking for sex chromosome abnormalities... Of course nothing is 100%. Where I am (not in USA) they will not tell you the sex based on this test though... I’m not sure why. I won’t get to find out til my 18 week anatomy scan (I think! Policies have changed since I had my DS.) 
  • Options
    Hmm, that’s odd! Maybe there’s a slight chance of it being wrong! I’ll probably still wait to buy any gender specific things until after the anatomy scan anyways. Thank you for the info! How far along are you? @celainev
  • Options
    @hayhay93 I am 11w1d! This pregnancy has been going by so fast! How about yourself? Is this your first?
  • Options
    11 weeks 5 days, I’ll be 12 weeks on Monday. The first two weeks after I found out I was pregnant dragged on for me so bad, waiting for my first appointment, but now it’s going by so fast! This is my first :) Do you have any other children? @celainev
  • Options
    @hayhay93 I have a son born Dec2015! 
  • Options
    all of these make me so sad i have to wait until february haha 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing