August 2018 Moms
Options

***Ultrasound Thread***

Re: ***Ultrasound Thread***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsecho16 I may switch doctors as well. I went to see the midwife yesterday that I saw for my first and I experienced some of the miscommunication and weirdness that made me uncomfortable last time. So, shopping for a new doc. 
  • Options
    @mrsecho16 I switched as well and it was the best decision I made, I adore my new OB.

Brief back story: I'd been needing a new ob/gun since my old one retired suddenly. So when I found myself pregnant I called the group affiliated with my GP's clinic and hospital. First one they saddled me with declared me high risk, which I am, and then seemingly didn't want to ever meet with me. She kept canceling my appointments, moving them back weeks at a time on more than one occasion, before I'd even stepped foot in the door. Even my GP was baffled. 

And as a first time pregnant lady, freaked out being high risk and not knowing what that entails, and a first time patient at the practice, that shows incredible disregard imho. So I called the group, explained the situation to the head nurse and she was shocked, and agreed to switch me to a different doctor of her choice in the practice since I'd technically never been there yet. Got the switch and had my first appointment and all the fun the very next day. And I ended up really clicking with the new OB.

So let your gut be your guide, if you don't feel sympatico with your doctor/midwife, switch til you find one you like. Don't feel guilty about it. Best of luck! 
  • Options
    Vinerie that is so  cool!! The detail is amazing! Congratulations!
  • Options
    @vinerie that is so neat, great detail

Loving all the US pics ladies

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    musicalmommy3musicalmommy3 member
    edited January 2018
    @nicnique
    Lurking from September.  Does SCH mean Subchor. hematoma/hemorrhage?

Baby #2 I had a very large 8cm SCH.  It scared the crap out of me because it made me bleed SO much.  I thought I was having a miscarriage, so went to the ER and the baby was fine.  I was on a modified rest, only able to lift 3-5 pounds and gave birth at 33 weeks.  Still don't know if the SCH caused my preterm labour as my daughter and I just didn't seem to "mesh" well the entire pregnancy.

SCH is scary... but needless to say I have the most feisty 3 year old girl, who runs the whole family now!  Please just keep resting, and let others around you take care of you if you can.

Let me know if you need any other support or have questions/ideas for what to do on rest if you are put on it.

:)

• Options
    @llgmama don't worry too much. The scans can be off a bit AND if there was a heartbeat, typically that means "at least" 6w. I had a scan at 4w5d to rule out ectopic and the gestational sac was so small, they wouldn't even say it was a gestational sac. It could have just been fluid in my uterus. I had my dating scan on Tuesday, and I measured 9 weeks. That was just over 3 weeks from my last scan. Also, I was a week behind with my son based on LMP the entire time. They think I ovulated on CD 21 with him. 
  • Options
    @musicalmommy3 thank you so much for sharing your experience. It’s nice to hear positive outcomes! I have a sub chron. hematoma. She didn’t tell me how big exactly. I haven’t had any bleeding and she didn’t put me on any rest restrictions. I have been trying not to carry my 21month old as much and trying to take it easy as much as I can with two littles to chase after.  <3

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11, that does make me feel so much better! It took a bit longer for this baby, so I’ve tracking ovulation and conception like crazy. So 5weeks didn’t add up!
  • Options
    @mrsecho16 I'm seeing my new doctor on Tuesday too! Best of luck to you!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ssthomps said:
    QUESTION.

I got my second ultrasound today. Measuring 7 weeks 3 days which is right on schedule and the heart beat was 146.  The tech who printed the pictures said “you are having a boy”. I asked what makes her say that she said “based off of the heart beat”. Anybody heard this before? Thoughts?
    We will have to see! I am curious too, my 7w 5d U/S HR was 134 (barely up from 132 at 6 week 4 days), so by this theory I'm having a boy!

I searched my hospital's literary online database for articles regrading early heart rate and gender. It's for sure not backed up by science, like at all haha but still a little fun to imagine :)
  • Options
    I had my first ultrasound this morning! The baby was measuring exactly on time at 9+3! The HR was 176! When I was pregnant for my daughter, hers was never above 140 so it will be interesting to see if this little one is a girl or boy! So in love already!
  • Options
    Aww I'm so happy for everyone... but slightly jealous! I don't have my first ultrasound until Monday the 22nd!! I'll be almost 10.5 weeks by then.  So anxious and excited. The wait is killing me!
  • Options
    I’m jealous of the US’s coming in now with the babies looking like babies. I’m still envisioning my jelly bean.  :D