August 2018 Moms
Options

***Ultrasound Thread***

Re: ***Ultrasound Thread***

• Options
    Here is baby bean. We are measuring right on schedule. Everything looks good so far and the heartbeat was music to my ears. I feel relieved now. We have two more follow ups appt. with the RE and then we move on to the OB. 
  • Options
    @ssthomps I don’t see a picture on yours? But I am using the flakey app. Is it just me?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't see a picture either. On the app.
  • Options
    All looked good at my ultrasound yesterday. Measured 8w1d, good heartbeat (not sure the actual rpm, but doctor said it was good and strong). We will be sharing with family over the holidays. 
  • Options
    Love seeing all the U/S pictures! We don’t have our first until the end of January when i will be 11 week based off of my LMP. Happy Holidays everyone!
  • Options
    Had an early viability us yesterday.  Based on LMP I was 7w3d but based on ovulation I was 6w4d.  Baby measuring 5w6d with no visible heartbeat yet.  Also did not get a picture
  • Options
    No audible heartbeat measured but I saw it, and it was beautiful. 
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    pghctwife said:

Perfect healthy baby!!! I’m 8w0 and measured 8w1, 166hr. The tech and I both cried, she remembered me from my loss this summer. This is past my losses and omg. I just am so... I have no words. She said everything looks wonderful and perfect. 
    Your baby shape looks like the bump 3D video at 7 weeks. 
  • Options
    7w4d today, baby measuring at 8w1d. Didn't change my EDD of 8/12/18 because it was only 4 days off. Oh my goodness we are so excited!! It feels so real now. Steady heartbeat at 159 bpm. What a beautiful thing to hear. We are over the moon, and my PGAL anxiety has drastically subsided :)
    Your pic looks like an actual baby. I see a head,ears, and arms, and little legs. Crazy. 
  • Options
    junicek said:
    I didn’t get a picture but I measured 6 weeks, 1 day (1 day behind) and heartbeat is 118. Hope that’s good, tech wasn’t very chatty!

Stuck in the box. 
    We have almost identical stories. Today I had some bright pink spotting, but had my first us appointment anyways. I was a nervous wreck, and the tech was not chatty at all. I couldn't get a read on her, so I asked to speak to the Dr. They gave preliminary results and said baby is measuring 6w1d (3 behind what I thought). Heartbeat is 120, which she said is completely normal for a young fetus. No current signs of impending miscarriage or uterine bleeding. 
  • Options
    @7425cait thanks for making me feel better!! I’m not spotting and I’m thinking boy because of the lower heart rate lol! 
  • Options
    @junicek, they say HB doesn’t typically starting beating until 6 weeks, hence the “lower” HR. your baby’s heart literally just started beating! i had the same worry with DS. my first ultrasound I thought I was 7 weeks but I was only measuring exactly 6w0 with a HR rate of 111. I was kind of freaking out because the tech didn’t offer any advice (I know they can’t but she also didn’t have much personality) and was worried. My doctor ordered a repeat for 2 weeks later to confirm normal HR and everything was great! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @racklerooo thanks very much for your experience! I did wonder that, if it was lower because it just started working! I was just thrilled to see it. Wish I had recorded it. I’d probably watch it again and again! ❤️
  • Options
    QUESTION.

I got my second ultrasound today. Measuring 7 weeks 3 days which is right on schedule and the heart beat was 146.  The tech who printed the pictures said “you are having a boy”. I asked what makes her say that she said “based off of the heart beat”. Anybody heard this before? Thoughts?
  • Options
    @ssthomps I have read that girls' heartbeats are generally faster but then have also read that that is completely bunk and not supported by studies. The two cutoffs I have read are 140 and 150, so I really don't think you can determine anything by 146. Mine was 144 at 7w3d so same boat!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @ it’s just the owt. High heart rate is girl and lower is boy. 

I have 3 boys and they were 166, 160, 176. All girl territory supposedly. It’s totally a just for fun not based in reality owt imo

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w