December 2017 Moms

Randoms - 12/6+

I remember finding this gif and thinking I needed to use it for something...and now I can't remember if I have (#pregnancybrain). But time is running out so I'm going for it!
Me: 29 || DH: 29
TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020

Re: Randoms - 12/6+

• @MJDsquared don’t worry you are still ahead of me. I need to call one soon... and yeah I’m not interviewing either, there are only 2 in my town. I’ll try one - and if I hate it I’ll switch. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MJDsquared I feel like picking a pediatrician gets blown way out of proportion sometimes...it's not like you're contractually obligated to continue going to them if you end up not liking them! For me, I just picked based on location and google reviews lol. Besides, with DD1, I thought I found a doctor I really liked, and then her office staff and nurses was terrible, so I switched anyway.
  • I agree about the whole pediatrician thing... I just have a GP, and even then I didn't research a whole lot. She's fine, I'm sure I could find a *better* one, but I love the clinic because it's a teaching clinic, it's always empty, I can get same day appointments and it's close to home. #whatever
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • whiskawhiska member
    edited December 2017
    @MJDsquared Yeah, I’m a little perplexed as to how interviewing pediatricians became a “thing”. I asked other people who they use and went off of their pros and cons. Then when I called the office they were like, “just call after baby’s born to make the first appointment!”  Well okay then. H just got something added to his hospital to-do list lol. 

I feel like it only comes into play when you’re wondering about vaccinations and whether they allowed a delayed schedule or if the doc sees unvaccinated kids. But you could call to find that out. ETA And of course if you know before birth your baby might have any particular issues; you definitely want an office and doc that’s on top of their shit. 

Plus I have a friend who had an awesome first meeting but by 6 months it was clear the doc wasn’t a good fit for their son. So they switched! Easy peasy. 
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• I'm glad it's not just me! I tend to be pretty easygoing about most stuff anyway. I mean, I picked my OB practice because my mom goes there and loves her doctor...but hers wasn't taking new patients so I basically picked the first name they told me who was available. Luckily I ended up loving her.

So I just took the list they gave (which checked off one requirement--privileges at the hospital where I'm delivering) and both practices in my area are covered under DH's insurance (which LO will be on). And then I picked a practice based on reviews. And mostly I picked this specific doctor because she's also a certified lactation consultant so I figured that couldn't hurt! Haha.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • I have not milked this pregnancy at all because my DH has been at the fire academy so I’ve been alone all week.  I seriously wish I could have though so I’ll love vicariously through everyone who has!
  • Haha I definitely have taken advantage of making my husband cook what I want, when I want, but I haven’t sent him it for late night cravings. I’ve still got a couple days left!  I’m sensing a late night TBell run in his future ;)
  • balletnerdballetnerd member
    edited December 2017
    Haha yeah I haven’t taken advantage of anything. Still doing laundry, dishes, moving furniture... haha I don’t ask for help or like suggestions that I need it. No cravings. I have failed as a pregnant woman. 
  • I was just thinking about how I have still done all the house things and how once LO is here DH is going to Have to step up somehow... although part of me thinks he’ll just get good at ordering out... 
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Why is my nausea coming back at almost 37 weeks? Every night I go to bed and have to talk my body into settling down and trying not to puke. It's awful, and in the middle of my nausea the baby decides to do aerobics and stretch out pretty painfully which helps absolutely nothing. 
  • Why is my nausea coming back at almost 37 weeks? Every night I go to bed and have to talk my body into settling down and trying not to puke. It's awful, and in the middle of my nausea the baby decides to do aerobics and stretch out pretty painfully which helps absolutely nothing. 
    I'm sorry  :/ just letting you know you aren't alone.  My OB's office is like "are you sure you don't have a bug?"   If I have a bug, it's the longest stomach virus I have ever experienced.  
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Thank you @Marley629 ! I just keep telling myself not much longer. 

@Skcobb "well rested" ship is long gone over here. I'm needing a nap everyday by about 1ish here. 
  • Yeah I love how everyone keeps telling me to get sleep while I still can. Uuuuummmm have you ever been pregnant?  No one sleeps in the 3rd trimester. Between having to pee every hour, to always rolling around due to
    my sore hips and body, there’s no sleeping going on around my house anymore. 
  • So i found out my GBS results came back positive (after testing negative in first pregnancy). I know that it's fairly common, but I like to be well prepared and knowledgeable about my health so I decided to google, and let's just say i wish I hadn't. Now I'm terrified.
  • @breezybee Exactly! I feel like a zombie most days but then will have moments when the adrenaline kicks in and I realize I'm having a baby soon. Craziness! I'm still working which really stinks- I would love to be able to take a nap during the day!

@maddilatti I'm GBS positive too if it makes you feel any better. I'm also RH negative. All I can say is, I'm so thankful for modern medicine and the ability to manage these things!
  • @hellothere47 I'm RH- as well! Amen on the modern medicine!
  • Poor naive DH didn’t realize we would 100% hit our OOP maximum. He was like, “Well if your insurance pays 80% there’s no way we hit your max.” Bro, people post their hospital bills for snake bites in this country costing like $28K without insurance. A c-section and hospital stay (or even vaginal birth) will absolutely make us hit our max.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • I'm still kicking it over here!  :D
  • Still here, still pregnant  :p
  • Still here and pregnant also!  Getting a mani/pedi on my due date and suddenly terrified of my water breaking in the chair  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still here. Bouncing on an exercise ball. Taking all the walks. Lol.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Still here too! Waiting very impatiently
  • Still here! Csection on Monday morning! 
  • Yoo-hoo back!  Still here.  Having crazy abdominal nerve pain the last couple days making me paranoid.  I need a few more days to prepare, baby girl! 
  • Yep still here waiting on my little one with zero signs of labor approaching. Haha
  • Well, my husband looked at my vagina for the first time since delivering the twins. He described it to me and I started crying. So that’s fun. 
  • @breezybee The two times DH has mentioned what's going to happen to my vagina (prior to when we scheduled the c-section, which has since been cancelled...so we'll see if he does it again) I've burst into tears and told him he's being insensitive and not to say shit like that to a hormonal pregnant woman. No idea how after the first time he felt like it was a good idea to mention it again? UGH.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • whiskawhiska member
    edited December 2017
    @breezybee I got brave last week and started looking every day with a hand mirror. I had to have some stitches and was worried about how everything was healing. I’m just going to trust the doctor who said it should heal great and not freak out too much about how it looks right now, especially since we *just* had our babies!  :#:joy:
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart