December 2017 Moms
Options

The Bachelorette

Risky move making this its own thread but I'm hoping some of you watch the Bachelorette? I usually don't do reality TV but I have been a member of Bachelor Nation for wayyy too long to stop now. I love it, and DH even got hooked a few years ago so it's our guilty pleasure thing to watch together... very much like Ashton and Mila for those who watched last night (how cute are they?). Now I mostly watch it so I know who is who when the best TV show in the country comes on this summer: Bachelor in Paradise -- for those who don't know, BIP is a spin-off where they invite memorable contestants from previous seasons who didn't win the Bachelor/Bachelorette, and put them in a beach resort in Mexico with a ton of booze. They start forming relationships and hooking up but every day a new person arrives to "paradise" and throws everything off, especially if someone already there has a crush on the newcomer, which of course happens all the time. Daily drama. It's really must-watch TV.

Anyway... 
I love Rachel so far. I was excited they picked her and she's very relate-able and easy to watch on TV, and doesn't say or do anything cringey like I thought Nick did. I like that she waits for the guys to make the first move and that she's being pretty clear that she wants a guy who is confident and real. 

The guys I like so far: Dean, Kenny (though I think he is shy and needs to step it up a little more), Peter

Don't like/not sure about: Whaboom and Blake's rivalry is stupid and annoying. I don't like either of them so I hope Rachel sends both home soon. I did like DeMario although he was super cocky, but it was obvious that Rachel was into him. Thoughts on what happens next week?
Me: 33 DH: 34
Married: Oct 2015
TTC #1: Sept 2016
BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
TTC #2: July 2018
BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

Re: The Bachelorette

• Options
    Thanks for this thread @peachy13!  I love Rachel - I have never watched any season of the bachelorette. Wait, that's a lie. I watched Jillian and Ali's seasons. 
    Anyway, love Rachel, love BIP, stoked for this thread. I'll be back later to add my thoughts on this weeks episode after I watch it tonight ;)
  • Options
    LOVE BiP. I'm watching this season, too. So far it's a little boring IMO but I really really like Rachel a lot so I'll keep watching.

Could not agree more on Whaboom guy and Blake. It reminds me of Alex and Chad. Chad was awful in his own right obviously but Alex just went on and on about it and was like obsessed with him. It's annoying. 

LOVED Peter's one on one date!! So cute and I felt like they had really good chemistry. I also love their matching gap teeth lol. 

SPOILER  *********  not surprised about DeMario. He's the one that she was warned about on the first episode when she was talking to her friends. I hope she chooses not to talk to him/give him a second chance next week. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't seen it yet, but I'm super excited. We're waiting on a TV mount to arrive so we can hang our TV. Haven't watched anything in a week!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Love the Bachelor/Bachelorette. It is definitely my guilty pleasure show. Ashton and Mila were adorable last night - I think I would have acted exactly like Mila, especially with her laughing on the ground at the guys. So cute - they are so relatable.

I am loving Rachel - when she said just f-ing go to DeMario, I was like - hell yes! She doesn't take anyone's nonsense and I like it. I thought her and Peter were absolutely adorable. So over Waboom and Blake - Blake's intro video was disgusting. I hope he's eliminated soon bc he's gross.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE the show, but haven't watched last nights episode yet. 

Every year there is always 1 person that is over the top, but I'm sure they do it for ratings, and to help with the "drama". I will be happy when Whamboom goes home, as he is SUPER annoying!!  
    Lilypie - sZQ1
  • Options
    I have never watched Bachelor or Bachelorette until this past season with Nick.  It was on when I was flipping through channels and I was hooked.  I am watching now because I LOVE Rachel.  I can't with Whaboom guy- he needs to go!  BIP sounds like something I will have to watch this summer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member
    Oooh I haven't watched last nights episode yet and can't remember any of the guys names yet, but the waboom guy needs to go!  I'll probably get to it tonight or tomorrow. 

I do really like Rachel though and I'm excited to see how her season progresses.

I also love BIP. It's such a train wreck.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love when Demario said he mailed the keys!! Bahhaaaaa
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel ah hang in there! i kind like having so much good tv to catch up on :) 

• Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    I'm watching now. Demario..... and wahboom. Smdh 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Marley629Marley629 member
    edited May 2017
    I haven't watched the bachelorette in so long but I caught the first episode of this season and I love her so I think I'll continue for the season! I have to watch last nights episode tonight 

eta: posted too soon 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @flowerpower5838 Freaking hilarious!! That chick is nuts too though, she wouldn't stop talking.
  • Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member
    I really liked her date with Peter. So cute! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tmk0325 they were really cute. I could tell he was trying to up his game by befriending Copper, but it didn't seem cheesy or insincere, it seemed like he really wants Rachel to like him.

• Options
    I totally just read the spoilers to find out the final 4!! Ugh I always do this. I won't dig deeper to find out who she picks though.

• Options
    Haha @peachy13 I always read Reality Steve's final 4 and who he picks as winner! He is usually right but during Desiree's season he guessed incorrectly. I like knowing, it makes it so much more fun to watch for me 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @tmk0325 wow!! That's crazy! What a cool story to have!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Rachel better not give that douchbag a second chance!  Eeeewwww, and have you guys seen the drama about that guy Lee and his racist twitter feed making fun of BLM and the NAACP?  What an asshole. 
    I vote Copper for next seasons Bachelor. What a cutie. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    breezybee I cannot tell you how excited I was when Copper showed up in the one on one! I told DH at the beginning of the episode that Copper needed more airtime lol. And no, I haven't heard any of that. Off I go to fall down a racist troll rabbit hole...

ETA Jesus fucking Christ. What an asshole! “Guys … when is the last time YOU actually saw a pretty feminist? There is a reason for this.” Is he aware who the Bachelorette is? Not that this would make it okay, but WHY DONT PEOPLE SCRUB THEIR TWITTERS BEFORE BECOMING "FAMOUS" ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a douche

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    It never goes away @flowerpower5838!  What an idiot. 
  • Options
    I started watching Bachelor during Ben's season because a friend of a friend was on (Lauren H). Then I got hooked on a bachelor podcast (Rose Buddies) & now I watch them allllllll.

BIP is the best. Carly & Evan 4EVA.
  • Options
    @Amber_Waves Carly & Evan is the best thing that has ever come out of The Bachelor/Bachelorette! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel did you hear that their wedding will be on this season's BIP?!?! Yasssss.
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel did you hear that their wedding will be on this season's BIP?!?! Yasssss.
    Really?! I didn't hear that!! Yay!

i was also a huge Janner fan. I'm so happy they are together still and having a baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love Carly and Evan, BUUUT...her eyebrows really bother me.  It's all I see when I look at her!

• Options
    I did not know that! Ahhh! This is amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I'm just watching the bachelorette and I love that she isn't putting up with the drama and said no to Demario AND got rid of Blake, Whaboom and the camp guy!  I still have about 30 minutes left to go and Eric has annoyed me since the first episode for sure. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Amanda is is going back to BIP and Robby lives up the road from me and he's on it too.
  • Options
    I'm so excited for BIP! And I love Rachel, some of the guys are really bugging me though. And am I the only one that felt the awkwardness radiate from the tv when her little camp buddy from school tried to kiss her?
  • Options
    Yes @ngarciabyu so awkward!! lol.  I really wish she wouldn't of given Eric that group date rose. He is so annoying I can't stand it.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't mind Eric - I think Lee is the annoying one. Boy bye.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @disneyfan0511 Lee is an arrogant prick. LOLOLOL
  • Options
    acgonzalez22acgonzalez22 member
    edited June 2017
    Demario and Corinne are on BIP too.
    Edits: Spelling
  • Options
    @acgonzalez22 According to Reality Steve Corinne has a boyfriend but is still doing the show... total side eye. Who knows what is real.

BIP is my fav though and super excited for whatever the Winter Games will bring - to think we'll probably have little newborns to care for while watching the highest quality show that TV has to offer.... 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ****spoilers from 6/5 episode*** SO proud of Rachel for hearing DeMario out but then sending him on his way again. Her reasoning for not giving him a second chance was just perfect. He was clearly lying when he saw his ex. He even was like "oh who is this??" and was, in Rachel's words, acting like a little boy. And it was a huge relief that both Blake and Whaboom went home. Their little fight on their way out was painful to watch.

I had high hopes for Fred (the guy from Rachel's childhood) and was hoping that he would surprise Rachel with romance but that kiss was really cringe-worthy and needed to stop the second it started. I felt bad when she sent him home but it was the right thing to do. I really like all the other guys who were on the Ellen date with Rachel, especially Bryan, Will, and Peter.

The mud wrestling date was weird although I like Kenny, Bryce, and Dean. Not a big fan of Eric after this episode and was surprised Rachel gave him the date rose. Noticed that Rachel's "girls" are all on BIP except for Jasmine I think. I'm surprised that Corrine is in Rachel's squad... I gathered that she made 0 friends on her season. Raven is awesome though and I hope she find someone good on BIP.

Last comments.. I don't like Lee and I hate when episodes end with the to be continued cliffhanger. So dumb.

• Options
    peachy13  I have pretty much the same exact thoughts as you. Except I wasn't really a Fred fan and was glad to see him go. But DAMN that was cold of her to grab the rose to go have her goodbye conversation.

Yeah, Eric's woe is me attitude was really off-putting. Dude, you've been there for like a week. You're not going to be in love with each other just yet, give it some time.

And of course there is Lee. After reading about his tweets, his conversation with Eric was making me SUPER uncomfortable. He was basically gaslighting him! 

So I loved Corinne lol I think I am in the minority here, but I am glad that Rachel likes her because that makes me feel a little more validated in thinking that a lot of her "villain" persona was largely from a select few perspectives/editing. Oh, and I think Jasmine IS going to be on BiP! I like all of those girls that Rachel has brought on the show so I am glad to see that they'll all be in Paradise. 

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    So we didn't get an episode last Monday and I was bummed because I could care less about the NBA finals. But I thought it was interesting timing to skip this week with all the BIP controversy. It was Sunday night I think that the news broke, and then the Monday's night episode was skipped because of the basketball game. The next episode we'll get to see will air this upcoming Monday 6/19, and I'm curious to see if Chris Harrison does any kind of special introduction to address all the rumors out there.