March 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions ((Week of 4 December))

2»

Re: Weekly Questions ((Week of 4 December))

• Options
    @npkat when I’ve looked it up 28 weeks is what I’ve seen most common.

I just reached it yesterday...hello 3rd trimester. 
  • Options
    @npkat I've been going by  28 weeks too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve always been told the first day of week 28 is 3rd trimester. @npkat
  • Options
    barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited December 2017
    @bb3vj3n what @kalawa said. I went in for possible amniotic fluid leaking two weeks ago and several people from the ultrasound tech to the nurses at L&D said you are not bothering anyone. If there’s any question in your mind, go in and get monitored. 
    Pardon the dumb question...what does leaking amniotic fluid feel like? I guess I'm asking how you knew to go in. 

And, what was the result?? How are you??
  • Options
    @barrelocarol I leaked amniotic fluid with my first before my water broke. It has a sweet smell and is perfectly clear. For me, I could feel it with DS, because it happened only in one specific position. This felt almost exactly the same. Which is a terrible explanation. :lol:

They tripled checked and and did an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels and concluded that there very well could be a small leak, but they are almost impossible to detect and they frequently resolve themselves. 
  • Options
    amylonghornamylonghorn member
    edited December 2017
    @barrelocarol when you asked @mdfarmchick what leaking amniotic fluid felt like, it initially made me think that it felt like acid reflux down yonder...I feel like a dork even admitting that!!  :D

Edited bc fat fingers
  • Options
    Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited December 2017
    Has anyone not had fundal height checks yet? I get growth ultrasounds, but not every appointment. It just occurred to me that I’m 26 weeks and no fundal check by my ob. I dont remember when they started last time. Is it odd for them not to be done?
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 I was a little concerned about that too because I thought I remembered getting them earlier with DS.  But I had my 28 week appointment on Friday and that was the first time they'd done one.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Does anyone know if it's safe to use a light lamp simulating natural sunlight while pregnant? 
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 I have only had them my last two appointments, sooo 24 and 28 weeks or so? My OB is a little more conservative though so he is very thorough. I would expect it at your next appointment for sure. And when I asked back in September when those started, the NP told me that she’s been doing it for so many years that she usually can just tell without being obvious about it. 
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 I just had my first one at my 28 week appointment. I thought it was super weird I hadn’t had one sooner, too. With my first two I swear I had them from like 16-18 weeks on.. am I crazy? 
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 I’ve had them the entire time with this pregnancy, but I wouldn’t be worried. Like @mdfarmchick said, I bet your doctor just has a really good eye. 
  • Options
    My new ob has been practicing for 20 years, so I’m sure she pays attention. But I’m also kinda chubby so I know the fundal heigh isn’t visible  :D
    It’s definitely not something I’m worried about, though. I can tell where it is when I feel and it’s normal. Just one of those things I couldn’t remember when they start and never think about while I’m there 
  • Options
    @Gingermom15, I just had my first one at my appointment last week (24 weeks). I actually was surprised she did it because I didn't think they started doing that until later in pregnancy. Clearly I don't remember very well. I would expect it at your next appointment. If not, I would just ask to clarify.
  • Options
    @amylonghorn Omg, you poor thing! Acid reflux down under sounds...miserable? Is that the word?

@Gingermom15 Not that this is the same, but I'm 28 weeks and have not had a vaginal exam (thank you, midwife!). Could just be a personal preference by your OB. My midwife is always open to me asking her why she does/doesn't do something the way I experienced previously.

Somehow, it becomes a bonding experience for us when I hear her care preferences. 

• Options
    Random question- where is a good place to shop for nursery decorations without sending an arm and a leg? My mom offered to take me out next weekend and I have no idea where to even go. 
  • Options
    @sarahhedger7 If you need wall decor or signs, I've found some really cute ones at Hobby Lobby that are super reasonably priced.  They have more in store than online, but here's some of what they have:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Nursery/c/dc-home-accents-room-nursery?q=:relevance&page=1

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @barrelocarol oh I don't have acid reflux down under, I was saying that's what I thought amniotic fluid leaking would feel like!
  • Options
    @barrelocarol @amylonghorn it really is just water :wink:
  • Options
    @sarahhedger7 I second Hobby Lobby. I also found good pieces at Home Goods/TJMaxx.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18