April 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms - week of 12/4

1235»

Re: Weekly randoms - week of 12/4

• Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited December 2017
    @rmmorris not generally no.  She just brought it up as something I might want to be cautious about.   I don't know if it's just something new circulating in the OB world, or what.  I'm pretty torn on wether to go or not.

ETA: Most of the stuff I've dug up about the issue is recommendations for women in noisy workplaces to take measures to remove themselves from noises above 115 decibels.  Action movies can get up to 130 decibels, so I can see why she is worried.  I may just end up on the side of caution, and catch it at the dollar theatre during my leave if my baby isn't colicky and I can con someone into babysitting. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My toddler was so excited to see the dusting of snow we got. He screamed by the door yelling "outside" and "cold cold" until someone would take him back out to see the snow. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 Beautiful invites! I've been tasked with picking out my invites too - I made my own wedding invitations, but I don't think I'll have the time/energy this time. We'll see!
    On that note - has there been a baby shower thread that I've missed? Seems like a lot of us must be starting to plan/be asked for our opinions.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @ngolimento that is crazy about seeing action movies.  I saw Thor and have been looking forward to star wars forever.  I would think if you didn't see all of them each day you should be ok.  

@JJMNO1616 those invites are so cute.  Plus the book idea is great! I have been to a few showers where they asked for a book instead of a card and I loved picking out my favorite books to give as a gift.  

We got a little bit of snow in IN my DD had a blast running around outside.  She kept saying she wanted to build a snowman but we didn't really have enough snow to build a good one.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 truly adorable invitations!! I'm VERY jealous of your creativity! 
  • Options
    @hedgepig @ftm_ohio I did a lot of the work for our wedding invites as well. I really like doing crafty projects so it’s fun for me and I knew I would have more time then my friend. She asked me for ideas and I came across this on Pinterest. I thought it was cute but I knew she wouldn’t do it lol! 

@Dumbgurl04 I have been to a few showers that have asked for books rather then cards and I love the idea. I’m personally not a fan of cards in general. It’s just a waste of money imo. However, I remember someone saying one week in UO that they hate feeling forced to bring a book. So I thought this little saying was perfect to give people an out if they really didn’t want to. 
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 all I have to say on the shaving front is, girl, you're not alone hahaha!
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 Love the invites! We also did the book thing (guests' choice to do so as well) in lieu of cards. We got soooo many books, it was fantastic. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 It might have been me complaining about the shower I went to this summer.  I love the idea of bringing a book, but this shower asked guests to being a gift, AND diapers, AND books.  I was feeling pretty milked, and really didn't appreciate all the demands, since I actually spent quite a bit on the gift.
    Wow, well that is totally overkill to ask guests to bring that many items/gifts. I am registering for diapers but I would be more then happy if that was the only gift someone brought! I know a lot of my friends had baby showers and their husbands had a separate diper party. I think that is reasonable but asking for all of those gifts at one event is way too much! 
  • Options
    I'm supposed to be working on grad work, but alas it's Star Wars weekend on TNT and I have to prepare for next weekend, lol. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited December 2017
    @JJMNO1616 yeah it was a pretty shitty shower because of the hostess (girl's mom).  The minute I stepped in the door, the hag told me that champagne was mandatory.  I had to whisper that I was pregnant because I didn't want to take the spotlight, and this bitch gave me a dirty look, like how dare I show up and try to steal her daughter's precious glory.

Then she made us all sit and wait for over an hour until some random cousin showed up, expected us to sit through two hours of baby games, THEN presents being opened.  People ended up leaving the moment a present was opened,  and I felt bad for my friend , but had to leave myself since I hadn't planned my day with a 4+ hour shower in mind.  The death glares the hostess was giving everyone were hilarious though.  As was the fact she tried to hide my present behind everyone else's  because I used Star Wars wrapping paper (my friend loves Star Wars).

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ngolimento Wow, she sounds real special. I would die if i had to deal with 2 hours of games. I really don’t care for shower games so 1-2 is more then enough. 
  • Options
    @bchalm @peppersmith22 very late follow-up... The Lindsey Stirling concert was awesome!!!! She does a great in-person show. We had VIP access that included a meet and greet, Q&A, and private performance. She's genuinely a really sweet person. I was a bit taken aback by how Christian she is... Just a heads up if anyone else is interested in seeing the Warmer in Winter Tour. I wasn't offended, but if I weren't Christian I could see her messages during the concert feeling a bit forceful.

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ladythrice I'm even more jealous now!!!!!
  • Options
    Random question: is anyone else here getting direction from their OB to not attend loud movies?  I am super bummed that I already missed Thor and Justice League.  Now I have to miss Star War top, and I am pretty down about it.

I've looked it up online, and there is a lot of stuff out there confirming action movies get way above safe decibels.  
    I’m an audiologist.  If it’s unsafe for baby in womb then it’s downright awful for you (think of going to a rock concert and how different the sound is if you were underwater vs out in the air. From what I have seen movie theaters can peak around 90db which is at the 2 hour limit to be safe without hearing protection for you so I would definitely say safe for baby. If you’re a regular movie goer you could invest in some filtered ear plugs that will preserve the frequency response while reducing intensity. But if you only do occasionally stick to two hour films! 
    Omg you just made my life so much better!  I have been so bummed about this issue.
    BabyFetus Ticker