July 2018 Moms

Questions w/o 11/27

Haven't started a new one this week yet so here we go! 

Re: Questions w/o 11/27

• Anyone else freaking out thinking holy crap I am going to be pregnant forever!! July is so far away!!!! It's probably just me  :/ but I had this freakout in my head this morning.

Also, talk to me about pregnancy and mercury (from fish). Realistically how much sushi can I be eating each week? I really love my yellowtail sashimi. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere I feel like it's going to be forever! I'm one of the most inpatient people though, although as everyone I'm ready to be half way so I can actually feel pregnant and look pregnant.
    Sorry I have no advice on the mercury issue, I don't like seafood of any sort. I have heard some moms just don't listen to all the advice like eating steak well done. They've said since they do it every other time, they'll just do it now because the likelihood is small. - Just what I've seen/heard.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited November 2017
    @runsomewhere I'm dreading being so pregnant in the summer again :s. Although, I'd much rather have a big ole baby bump in a bathing suit than this bloaty muffin top I'm sporting now 
  • @runsomewhere I have the opposite freak out. July seems so close and I'm not ready!! I think for high mercury fish like yellowtail, Tuna, and swordfish, some sources recommend avoiding altogether while others say to limit it. I'm a vegetarian this time but last pregnancy I avoided tuna altogether, and still ate salmon and some white fish, but no more than once a week. 

My question: if you worked at a small company of around 8-10 employees, would you a) tell your boss about the pregnancy first before announcing to the rest of the office, or b) announce to everyone altogether at the company Holiday luncheon? I want to do option b, but wondering if my boss would be angry/offended finding out along with everyone else. 

• @acunamatada @runsomewhere my mom had me in June and my brother in july. She said it’s much better because you don’t have to worry about layering your clothes over your big belly! I’m hoping she’s right! 
  • @catftm2018 that is true! I LIVED in summer dresses- it's just so hard to stay cool sometimes! 
  • @runsomewhere I'm dreading being so pregnant in the summer again :s. Although, I'd much rather have a big ole baby bump in a bathing suit than this bloaty muffin top I'm sporting now 
    True. Dat. I feel like the pilsbury dough boy! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • I swore I wouldn't be hugely pregnant in the heat of summer again, and here I am. Last time I was 8-9 months in August and early September and it was brutal. Giving birth in mid July might be better though, it seems to get hottest in August these days, at least where I am. 
  • @gspmom21 I'm super impatient too. DD was an October15 babybut was supposed to be September15. I remember feeling like I was pregnant all of 2015  :o

@acunamatada I'm excited to wear the cute loose fitting maxi dresses in the summer. I'm dreading that stage where you sort of start showing but it still looks like it could just be a gut, and sweater weather making that awkward transitional time even worse. 

@zande2016 Thanks. Sushi has always been my go to meal. Last time my doctor was pretty relaxed about it just said to keep the mercury high fish to a minimum. Since I'm not too clear on the risk mercury poses it's hard to figure out what I'm comfortable with. 

As for your question, it might depend on your boss and the type of relationship you have with them. At my work it's the norm to tell HR and your boss in private before announcing but we're a company of 200. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What does w/o mean again? I just can't get this to stick in my head!
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited November 2017
    @catftm2018 that is true! I LIVED in summer dresses- it's just so hard to stay cool sometimes! 
    This is my goal! I want to only be wearing skirts and dresses by Memorial Day Lol. 

Edited because spelling

• What does w/o mean again? I just can't get this to stick in my head!
    Week of! I always have to remind myself what it means!
  • @runsomewhere I think I read that you can eat 6oz a week of albacore tuna so I would imagine it did be the same for other high mercury fish. 
  • Question: can you wear like shapewear or spanx- I know we don’t look pregnant yet- but I’ve been wondering- I literally wear spanx with everything I own...... 

but forgot to ask my doc. 
  • @runsomewhere My kiddo was watching the episode of Daniel Tiger this morning where he gets a baby sister, and was like "Mama, I wish the baby was coming here right now!" And I was like, me too, kid. Me freaking too. Totally feel you on July being too far. I cant imagine what it's like for her, being only three, and every month feeling like a year. 

On the sushi, Mercury build up is a thing, but if you're doing sashimi, how much are you really taking in? That's two small slivers of fish a few times a week? It adds up, but Sashimi really isn't much fish. If it were me I'd limit high-merc fish to treat status for when I really wanted it, and stick to smaller fish if I were eating sushi a few times a week, but really whatever you're comfortable with. That's kind of how I am with most things on the limit list, though - I'll have a cup of coffee if I really want it, but try and refrain otherwise for example. 

And you reminded me - I'm totally taking my daughter and pigging out on sushi this week. The Man is out of town tomorrow through Sunday, and when he's not around sushi is relatively affordable instead of costing a fortune :D.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    edited November 2017
    @runsomewhere Same here. I'm only at 5 weeks and realized that there are 35 more to go! I do look forward to when I actually look pregnant and can scold young healthy men sitting on the subway for not giving up their seat for the pregnant lady  :D

Also is anyone else obsessively pinning nursery ideas on pinterest?
  • @catftm2018 If it's comfortable, you can wear it. Babies are super insulated in there, and shapewear (so long as it's not, like, corsetry or something) can help with back strain and the like.
  • @zande2016 I work at a small company. I told my boss (the owner) before I told anyone else (except a coworker who is a close friend). I didn't tell anyone else until I started to show. I was management though so I wanted to give the owners time to prepare.

In your case, I guess it depends on your intentions.. if you're planning to take an extended leave or perhaps quit, I would tell my boss beforehand so they can start making arrangements. Our office ran short staffed and I carried a lot of tasks on my own so I had to start training people asap.
  • WorkinWeezelWorkinWeezel member
    edited November 2017
    Guys, how long until I can swim once this spawn has sprung? It's been 4.5 years already, so throw me a bone; do we bleed for like 2 weeks? I can't remember, but Imma need to go for a dip in the July heat! Plus Im a sun junkie! 

ETA sure, I could google, but I like all yalls personal touch!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @WorkinWeezel oh gosh I think they said technically nothing until 6 weeks? I think I bled for 3/4? But it's been a while. 
  • @WorkinWeezel Oh man. I know it's no sex until 6 weeks because of the open wound inside us, but have no idea about swimming. Good question! I love the sun, too, and want to be in the pool as soon as humanly possible!
  • I’m pretty sure I was cleared for swimming and exercise at the same time I was cleared for sex around 6 weeks. 
  • Stop. I hate all of you. Thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams.

How about casually laying on a float in the pool with a cocktail? How early you think without needing to disinfect the water? Lol
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• Whoa this thread is rocking my world. My family spends almost every summer weekend in/around a body of water. Didn't even think of that restriction because DS was a late October baby. I'm assuming this applies regardless of type of birth, ie CS vs vag?
  • @amylu914 yep it's the wound from the placenta that is susceptible to infection so No matter which way LO pops out, restrictions are the same. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Boo about swimming. I just thought about this too as we always take the kids on a before school starts trip to a big waterpark. :( I wont be able to go with a newborn. :( Now I am sad. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Anyone taking Reglan or taken it before?  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @zande2016 Totally depends on your relationship with you're boss but my gut would be to tell your boss seperately. I say this as someone who used to work in a small business of less then 10 and as a very small business owner myself! 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dang it... no swimming.. that’s going to ruin my middle of the summer plans... 
  • Yep, this thread is blowing my mind in terms of the pool. Nov 16 baby before so didn’t have these issues! Interesting...

And @WorkinWeezel I bled for nearly the full 6 weeks, so you just never know what its going to be like!

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Ugh. Seriously I don't even remember how long before. It's all a blur! 
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• @BrittG13 @Crystal321 @runsomewhere thanks ladies! I know in my brain that telling her separately is the right thing to do. But I feel like a 5 year old and I don't wannnnna lol. 
  • Pools, didn’t even think about that because I’m in Massachusetts and summer feels so far away right now. 

I accidentally asked this question in the randoms thread, but does anyone know of any alternatives to acid reflux besides Tums and Zantac? I tried Zantac last night, and it gave me a big headache, and Tums doesn’t seem to work for me. Home remedies welcome!
  • Whaaaaat?!? You're telling me I can't swim until at least 6 weeks after pushing this baby out in the MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER? This just bummed me out.
  • Nooooooo!!! The whole pool thing had never even crossed my mind. This makes me sad. I usually pretty much live in our pool during the summer.
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• @sm05-2 try baking soda dissolved in warm water. I would discuss with your doctor before using it past your first trimester though, because it can exacerbate swelling. 
  • I am not a pool person, but I am going to probably want to be next summer. I am already hot all day long, so I can only imagine how I will be in Maryland humidity. 
  • @zande2016 I swore the same thing. I had my son in late August, and the summer heat was awful. This time around we intended for a spring baby, but had to try for a while...so here I am having another late summer baby. Oh well. Hopefully July is a bit better.