December 2017 Moms

Symptoms as you near delivery date

lolitta86lolitta86 member
edited November 2017 in December 2017 Moms
Hi ladies, :) 
I'm 36 weeks today and im scheduled for a c-section next week at 37 weeks. I have noticed LO is squirming alot less lately. Is this normal to happen? What changed for you as you came closer to due date?

Re: Symptoms as you near delivery date

• whiskawhiska member
    edited November 2017
    It is a myth that babies move less as you reach your due date.  They run out of room so the movements may change (less jabs and hard kicks and more squirms and rolls), but you should be feeling your LO just as often.  
    I was told that if I noticed a reduction in movement then to do a kick count, and if LO was still sluggish to go to Labor and Delivery (the hospital). 

How I was told to do kick counts:
    -Drink something cold and possibly sweet.  Cold water will work but a lot of babies also respond well to things like orange juice
    -Lie down on your left side
    -Count how long it takes you to feel 10 movements from baby.  Some check this off in about 3 minutes, but it's important to feel at least 10 in an hour.  If you don't, call your ob's office and talk to the nurse (immediately) or head to the hospital to get checked out. If you do feel 10 movements in an hour, call and report your concerns to your ob's office and also let them know how long it took to get to 10 movements. The nurse will make the call on whether things sound ok or if they want you to go in.  No matter what they will advise you to stay vigilant.

As a general FYI - many resources on kick counting emphasize calling if you've noticed any kind of change in your baby's normal routine.  I hope your LO is just having a nap this evening and will pick back up soon!  Good luck on your cs next week!
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• I’m 36 weeks & 5 Days. I really haven’t noticed a change in symptoms or movement. I would take the advice above and talk to your OB if you are even slightly concerned. Better safe than sorry! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @whiska advice is absolutely correct. Please follow her advice.  Definitely better safe than sorry!
  • All the swollen hands. Feet are doing pretty well but my hands look like a marshmallow man. 
  • Starting at 38 weeks cramping increased and I started having lots of episodes of false labor....about 30-60 minutes of contractions 7-10mins apart, strong enough to make me stop what I was doing or wake me up. It’s exhausting. Baby is definitely lower and it feels like my pelvis is being pulled apart. Apparently this can last for weeks (yippee!) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @failuretofly our board is dead! 
  • well it did crack me up at work, @failuretofly! :)
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • @jlemons-2 maybe my 'i have zero fucks left to give' reply will bring out some liveliness hahahaha 
    You are my spirit animal today. Lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a daily lurker and I have no problems with new people posting more (yes, even if they don't do it in the "right thread", *gasp*). I personally am happy to hear from some new people instead of the same dozen-ish people who rant about the same dozen-ish problems daily, but that's just me :).

@lolitta86 I was getting a little worried about baby movement as d-day gets closer too (I'm 37w). I described it to my doc as "less jabby movements, more slow rolling movements". And it varies quite a bit for me day-to-day. But my OB isn't concerned and said to just make sure I count 10 movements in an hour if I'm ever concerned - and I've never had a problem feeling 10 in 1hr.

As for me, I haven't noticed any unexpected new symptoms as d-day gets closer physically. But mentally, as a FTM, I'm feeling a lot more anxiety so I'm trying to keep my mind busy with other things. I'm a pretty emotionally stable person but I've been a little teary and scared lately when I think about d-day and the weeks after.

• DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Thanks, @failuretofly.  I opened it earlier, sighed, and just closed it out.  But it did make me laugh that every time I came to the board this post was the one RIGHT ABOVE the general symptoms thread.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • I fully appreciate the meaning of AW now. Lol