February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11.19-11.26

124»

Re: Weekly Randoms 11.19-11.26

• Options
    @rainafire77 I get waxed on a routine basis through all 3 pregnancies.  The only thing I’ve noticed is that it’s a little more painful during and I’m sore the whole day. Otherwise no problems.  
  • Options
    In a different note, my sister, who is a manager at a wax center, has told me they have had multiple people go into labor at the center after getting a brazilian done. They were all full term but I didn’t know that could happen! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 Definitely no bikini or brazilian wax being considered! Lol Just the lower legs so I don't look like a yeti.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    I had a bad reaction to a Brazilian while pregnant with my first, but to be fair, it was a salon I hadn’t been to before. But that’s the only time I’ve ever had a reaction to wax...I’ve never tried again while pregnant. I could barely walk for 3 days
  • Options
    Side note: don't get a wax then use tingling lube for sexy time the same night. 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    4th kid and I still can't figure out how many outfits to stock in each size. I feel like I won't have enough NB ones and currently have way too many 0-3/3 month ones. 

Anyone know what the general suggestion is?
  • Options
    4th kid and I still can't figure out how many outfits to stock in each size. I feel like I won't have enough NB ones and currently have way too many 0-3/3 month ones. 

I personally don’t think you will need many NB outfits at all. With that being said, I don’t know if you make small babies or not. I didn’t even put DD in any NB outfits, all 0-3. She was 8lbs 8oz. 
  • Options
    @BrittaniLC My 3 were 6lbs 14oz, 6lbs, 15oz, and 7lbs (and each 19.5 inches.)  I always laugh about how consistent they all were.  I know we definitely did newborn sizes for each, but can't remember for how long.
  • Options

FTM so who knows if I'm doing this right. BUT we bought a few NB outfits ( DH predicts she'll be 6pounds10oz....shes measured small so far).
    But we are waiting until 30 week us to decide on other sizes. 
  • Options

Mine were 7lbs 14oz and 7lbs 11oz. They both wore NB for 3 weeks. Then 0-3 till 2mo old and 3-6 till 4mo old (mine grow fast!) generally i do laundry every 2-3 days so if I did the bare minimum (which I do for those early sizes they barely wear) I need about 12 outfits. That’s for spit up/blow outs etc. mine went through TONS of onesies. I would split the 12 up between onesies (6ish), footed sleepers (4ish), and a few nicer outfits. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    winnie1122winnie1122 member
    edited November 2017
    DS was 8lb3oz and was in NB for at least 2 months. I didn’t buy many NB for him at first because I heard it was unlikely he would wear them for long and ended up running to the store 5 days PP to get a bunch of NB clothes because he was a poop storm and was going through clothes like crazy. So I went ahead and got NB stuff to start with for this baby. 

ETA I pretty much only bought Carter’s clothes, if that makes a difference. The few things I had in different brands fit WAY different than Carter’s in the same sizes.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    ETA I pretty much only bought Carter’s clothes, if that makes a difference. The few things I had in different brands fit WAY different than Carter’s in the same sizes.
    This is so true!!!! I didn’t even think about different brands and such. Carter’s is definitely the most true to size (besides the one piece sleepers...those run small in my opinion). 
  • Options
    My DS was 8lbs 15ounces and 22 inches long. He wore one newborn outfit home from the hospital and that was the only newborn outfit he wore! 
    But if you have smaller babies then you will definitely need some!
  • Options
    DD was 7lbs 10oz 21 inches and stayed in newborn for 1 month, 0-3/3month for two months and then each size after for about a month. She's been in 18mo clothing the longest at 5 1/2 months but is staring to need 2t shirts because she's so long. I start with 14 onesies and 7 pjs in each that way it's about 1 load a week and I have extras for spit up/blowouts. I should also add that I do all the laundry on one day for the family.
  • Options
    @meatballs37 stay strong! I can’t even begin to imagine everything you’re going through! We are all here for you!  <3<3 
  • Options
    I had been following your storyand hadn't checked today! I am heartbroken @meatballs37! Please stay strong and lean on those around you!
  • Options
    Praying for you and your family @meatballs37

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh @meatballs37. I am at a complete loss of words for you and your family. Saying sorry isn’t enough, but that is all I can do at this time. So much love and prayers for your family. 
  • Options
    Lots of love and prayers @meatballs37 . You have been through so much and I just pray you're surrounded by peace and comfort in this time. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    lucylou214lucylou214 member
    edited November 2017
    @meatballs37 , Sending lots of love, and praying hard for your family.  I can't even imagine how you're feeling, and words don't seem to be enough. Know that many here are holding you all close to our hearts. <3
  • Options
    Sending you so many hugs and prayers @meatballs37. My heart breaks for your family. 
  • Options
    chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited November 2017
    My heart is breaking for you @meatballs37.  I hope you are able to find some peace.
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I can't even begin to know what y'all are going through. My thoughts are with you all.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Even without personally knowing you @meatballs37 i am grieving for you. I can’t imagine what the next hours, days, months, and years will be like for you and your family. I am praying for you all. 
  • Options
    I don’t even have any words. @meatballs37 you have never left my prayers and will continue to be in my prayers. You’re a beautiful soul and I know god will guide you through this. 
  • Options
    @meatball37 I checked your blog first thing this morning, fingers crossed for good news. I instantly had tears when reading of Abraham's news. I am thinking of you. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I cannot tell you enough how much my family and I are praying for you. I am so deeply sorry for the pain you are going through and I will be thinking of you , asking God to carry you through this. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 - I'm caught up on your blog, and praying hard for you and family. Hoping there will be positive news soon.
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I cannot even begin to imagine your pain.  I have been watching your blog crossing my fingers and praying for your family. Now I hope and pray God will guide you through. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 we are praying for you and your family during this difficult time. May your faith in the Lord bring you through. 
  • Options
    My heart is totally broken right now for meatballs. I have no words. I feel that I need to take a step back from this group. I'm not sure if I can come back without my friend. I have so much guilt right now that my baby is safe inside me, while she has gone through this nightmare. I'm being torn by feelings of sadness mixed with so much gratitude for my own little blessing inside me. I love you guys and I hope I am able to come back because this is an amazing group, I'm just a little lost as to what to do right now. Please please pray for meatballs as I'm sure you all can understand she is having a difficult time. 
    @the_other_mother you should not feel bad or guilty that your baby is thriving in your womb. While we all feel bad for meatballs and her family, and are holding them in our prayers  it is unfortunately something that happens, not by any fault of anyone,  but something that is only inG-ds hands. 

TW: as some one who has had a late term loss due to a genetic illness i have not commented much on this,  but it is very difficult for some of us to read the meatball updates and then all the well wishes and prayers.  Especially when we are trying to be happy about the babies still growing inside of us (which for me personally had been a struggle because i an deeply afraid of another late loss or unexplained illness)

Could we start a thread for meatballs and keep all of the updates,  prayers,  well wishes,  and new blog announcements there?

BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    My heart is totally broken right now for meatballs. I have no words. I feel that I need to take a step back from this group. I'm not sure if I can come back without my friend. I have so much guilt right now that my baby is safe inside me, while she has gone through this nightmare. I'm being torn by feelings of sadness mixed with so much gratitude for my own little blessing inside me. I love you guys and I hope I am able to come back because this is an amazing group, I'm just a little lost as to what to do right now. Please please pray for meatballs as I'm sure you all can understand she is having a difficult time. 
    @the_other_mother you should not feel bad or guilty that your baby is thriving in your womb. While we all feel bad for meatballs and her family, and are holding them in our prayers  it is unfortunately something that happens, not by any fault of anyone,  but something that is only inG-ds hands. 

TW: as some one who has had a late term loss due to a genetic illness i have not commented much on this,  but it is very difficult for some of us to read the meatball updates and then all the well wishes and prayers.  Especially when we are trying to be happy about the babies still growing inside of us (which for me personally had been a struggle because i an deeply afraid of another late loss or unexplained illness)

Could we start a thread for meatballs and keep all of the updates,  prayers,  well wishes,  and new blog announcements there?

Yes I agree. Sorry @mamaof5already
  • Options
    @meatballs37 - My heart breaks for your family. I'm so, so incredibly sorry, mama. Your family has endured so much. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts. Love and light. <3 (((hugs)))
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I just got updated on the blog... I am so so sorry for your losses @meatballs37 truly, there are no words. I’m so sad for your family and although I am not someone who traditionally prays, you, your husband and your children are in my prayers during this difficult time. Please take care of yourselves as best you can and know that we are thinking of you and praying for healing during this time. 
  • Options

I completely agree with you @mamaof5already. Even for us who have not encounter any loss, are in tears while reading @meatballs37 updates.
  • Options
    I hadn't read the blog yet when i replied to @mamaof5already. Am in so much grief, i had hopes Abe will survive. @meatballs37 no words can explain what you've gone through, may God be with you. Much love
  • Options
    I just read the latest blog update and am in tears. @meatballs37 my heart is absolutely broken for you and your family. I hope you find peace and comfort during this incredibly difficult time. I wish there was something more anyone could do.