February 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11.19-11.26

Re: Weekly Randoms 11.19-11.26

• @ldawngirl781 I agree!  Only, we often don't even get a 6 week breaks from family gatherings--except when MIL/FIL winter in Texas! 
    We live about 10 minutes from them so we see them way more often.  This is how frequently she wants us to organize with my brother, his wife and their 7 month old who live an hour away.  Seeing us separately is not what she is after lol

Ahhh! I'd leave that up to your brother then. Tell him to get his butt home more often. lol  Or maybe he's on to something... ;)  
  • @TattoosandLace insurance won't pay for the vaccinations or the doctor won't schedule them??
  • Loading the player...
  • @TattoosandLace insurance won't pay for the vaccinations or the doctor won't schedule them??
    Insurance will pay for them 100%. The issue is finding an office around here that had private insurance vaccines and not just state Medicaid or uninsured vaccines. It’s infuriating. 
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited November 2017
    If you're keeping up with meatballs she just updated her blog & we need to send some major love, healing energy, blessings and prayers to Abraham right now.
    Just read the blog post. So heartbreaking. Sending major healing energy and love.
  • Just saw the update.  Can't say enough prayers for ya'll @meatballs37
  • @meatballs37 , dh and I are praying for you and your family! I've been thinking of Abe all day-Sending love and thoughts and prayers to this little fighter
  • @meatballs37 my heart is breaking for you. I just checked your blog and thought Abe was getting nice and chubby. He’s one special kid and I know Shepard is holding his hand through this. So many prayers. 
  • @TattoosandLace We just get my kids' at their pediatrician. Is their pediatrician refusing to give them?
  • @meatballs37 sending lots of love and prayers to you and baby Abe  <3  
  • seitzy3 said:
    Sitting in my OBs office for the 1 hr glucose. I get annoyed when I bring up things to my midwife, like symptoms I am concerned with, and she just shrugs them off and tells me to take Tylenol. Tylenol is not helping my blurry vision! Can I get a huge eye roll please. It just makes me feel like a crazy person. 
    Could you talk to the ob managing the clinic? 
  • @meatballs37 my heart breaks reading the latest blog update. I'm thinking of you and your family and hoping Abe keeps fighting through everything! So many hugs.
  • @meatballs37 i have been keeping up with you all and think about your family every day. So much love and so many prayers of support. I can only imagine what you are going through. Praying for Abe
  • I was wondering why she hasn't updated in a couple of days. My heart goes out to you and your family @meatballs37. Prayers for Abe

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• @meatballs37 , I've been thinking about your family daily.  Keeping you all in my heart, and sending prayers for baby Abe. 
  • Just read @meatballs37 blog to get caught up. Sending you so much love and prayers for you, Abe, and family.
  • @TattoosandLace We just get my kids' at their pediatrician. Is their pediatrician refusing to give them?
    We live in a pretty rural area. If we want an actual pediatrician instead of a general family practice, then we have to drive 2.5 hours one way to the city. The thought of driving with a 3 yo, 1.5 yo, and a newborn to the city every few weeks by myself makes my anxiety go off the charts. 
    The issue is because state Medicaid/uninsured vaccines and private insurance vaccines are billed differently and purchased differently, my girls can only have the private insurance vaccines since they HAVE insurance. Every place I called was out of the flu shot for private insurance, but had some in stock for under insured/uninsured. 
    We have been looking for a new doctor anyway and my friend is a APRN-CNP at a clinic an hour away. They got them in yesterday and can do their wellchecks there and take their insurance, so I think DH and I decided to move them to that practice. The other practice we were looking at won’t see a patient under age 1.
  • Poor @meatballs37. My heart was in my throat reading that update. Abe sounds like a fighter and I hope he pulls through.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @meatballs37 my heart and prayers are with your family for strenght and peace and with Abe for survival. His life will be a testimony.
  • Hi ladies!  I’ve been MIA for a bit.  Just so busy at work and home and ...  Anyway, trying to catch up.

So, I was hoping for some ideas.  My office Christmas party is coming up.  It’s actually after New Year’s but I only see my energy going down, so I’m trying to plan ahead.  It’s semi formal.  I don’t want to spend a ton of money on an outfit I’ll only wear once, but I like getting a little fancy every once in a while.  Any ideas on party clothes?
  • Sitting here for my 1 hr glucose (what fun) and for my tdap... did I mention I hate needles  :# just trying to will myself to pass the 1 hr this time so I don't have to do the 3 hr like I did last time!
  • @SarahFoley725 Congratulations on the house!  A friend of mine is due in late March and they just got into their new home. They are doing the demos/remodel themselves and she said it isn’t too bad. 
  • Congrats @SarahFoley725!  Good luck with the remodel! Hopefully it goes nice and smooth for ya :)
  • I got my blood work done to check my antibodies this morning and then got my winrho shot too! 
  • @olitwinturbosnprincess Welcome back! I've found cheap-ish clothes on Zulily, and being maternity they ship pretty fast. You could probably find a dress for $30. Old Navy has good deals too. Or try a consignment/thrift shop.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @olitwinturbosnprincess I second Zulily!  I have had good luck with maternity stuff from them!
  • Aw man! I read the blog from @meatballs37 yesterday morning and thought everything was going so well! I must have read it right before that new one came up. T&P to you and your little one!

• Hi ladies!  I’ve been MIA for a bit.  Just so busy at work and home and ...  Anyway, trying to catch up.

So, I was hoping for some ideas.  My office Christmas party is coming up.  It’s actually after New Year’s but I only see my energy going down, so I’m trying to plan ahead.  It’s semi formal.  I don’t want to spend a ton of money on an outfit I’ll only wear once, but I like getting a little fancy every once in a while.  Any ideas on party clothes?
    My sister told me that Rent The Runway just started carrying maternity clothes!  If you've never used the site, it's super easy and convenient if you only need a dress for one occasion.
  • @olitwinturbosnprincess +1 for Rent the Runway! I rented my birthday dress there when I was about 5 months, and the service was great! I chose a very stretchy dress, read reviews, and looked at pictures.
  • @olitwinturbosnprincess I'd like to throw in a word of caution for using rent the runway while pregnant.  I rented a dress from their maternity section for a black tie wedding at the end of October. I rented it from the maternity section in the 2nd trimester subgroup. Due to the rental window I got it two days before we left. It was not a maternity dress AT ALL.  It was a fairly flowy style, and fit everywhere - except the bump.  When I called customer service I was told that they currently don't stock many actual maternity options, but use the reviews women leave and if they **think** a woman might have been pregnant and wore the dress they add it to the maternity section. Craziness! Thankfully I got my money back, but I had to scramble and buy pretty much the only maternity option available at the mall to have something in time for the wedding. I did, however, buy a pretty black lace dress from Motherhood. It was about $50 and I was able to wear it to another wedding this past weekend. 

• Ok, someone tell me what stroller/car seat to buy! I'm so overwhelmed right now. We went shopping two weeks ago and left because we didn't know what to do. Last weekend, we went again, and I thought we had narrowed it down to two choices (both Graco), but after reading reviews, I decided both were not viable options.

Now I'm debating between the Britax B-Agile or the Chicco Bravo. I'm open to buying the stroller used to save money (and the car seat new), but with the Britax recall, I am paranoid I'll buy from someone who says they have the new adapter from Britax but they didn't. So I think we'll just buy a travel system brand new to save us the hassle.

Need advice!
  • hms1219hms1219 member
    edited November 2017
    Ok, someone tell me what stroller/car seat to buy! I'm so overwhelmed right now. We went shopping two weeks ago and left because we didn't know what to do. Last weekend, we went again, and I thought we had narrowed it down to two choices (both Graco), but after reading reviews, I decided both were not viable options.

Now I'm debating between the Britax B-Agile or the Chicco Bravo. I'm open to buying the stroller used to save money (and the car seat new), but with the Britax recall, I am paranoid I'll buy from someone who says they have the new adapter from Britax but they didn't. So I think we'll just buy a travel system brand new to save us the hassle.

Need advice!
    I bought the B-Agile system when DS1 was born in 2013.  The stroller is still strong and it’s been well used.  I just bought the double stroller and am super excited about it, and for this baby we bought a new Britax car seat so we can keep using the system. 

Edit because grammar is hard. 
  • @ldawngirl What were the reasons for ruling out Graco? We had the Graco ClickConnect system for DS (still do, he’s only 16 mo) and really like it! Everything was super sturdy and affordable, and I got another Graco convertible seat when I didn’t need the infant seat portability anymore. Planning to use the same seat for this LO and get a Graco double stroller. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @ldawngirl i had dh research these and he picked the graco snug ride 30 click connect system.  For its safety and ease of use. We will get a stroller that works well for him based on his height (dh is 6'5") that the carseat  Fits with separately. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @ldawngirl I swear by Chicco products. I’m getting the new key fit 30 and double stroller travel system (I have a toddler) my old Chicco is great but expires in June so I figured buying the travel system now is cheaper than waiting because of the current deals. But you can mix and match travel systems on their website and see what products you like go best with each other 
  • @ldawngirl I swear by Chicco products. I’m getting the new key fit 30 and double stroller travel system (I have a toddler).
    That's what my SIL recommended too when I was figuring out what to register for. My sisters bought me the Chicco keyfit 30 carseat and my MIL bought the matching stroller (the liteway plus).