April 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms- 11/13

Re: Weekly Randoms- 11/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladythrice I laughed soo hard!!!!

@scuba_chic I love reading the fortunes!! I know they are silly, but I love it. How fitting though!
  • Options
    So I decided against the amnio for today.  I went ahead and did the bloodwork and we are going to start with that and then I can always do the amnio later if I decide.  I feel good about the decision.
    That is probably what I would have decided too.  If your bloodwork comes back with very low chance of chromosome problems, then the amnio is overkill anyway.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    So I decided against the amnio for today.  I went ahead and did the bloodwork and we are going to start with that and then I can always do the amnio later if I decide.  I feel good about the decision.
    Did you do the NIPT or the quad screen they typically offer around this point in pregnancy? (I'm just curious). I'm glad you came to a decision you feel good about! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @irenejean I still can (and will) take up to 12 weeks, per FMLA, it's just all unpaid. And I can probably take my sick leave, but like some of your mentioned, I'd like to keep a little of it for when baby gets sick/doctor appts, etc.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @lindsye I am pretty sure it's the NIPT.  I can't remember the name of the test, but will look at my paperwork I got.
  • Options
    @ladythrice That is awesome. I may have to sign up! 
  • Options
    @lindsye It was the counsyl test.
  • Options
    It was a rough morning.  DS wouldn't cooperate so I was already running way late.  Then he cried hard at dropoff.  I need a do-over.
  • Options
    @kmalls (creeper over here)  If you're going to the one mentioned in the local FB group I want to know how it is!  DD's school went on a field trip there over the summer but she missed it!  I've heard great things!! And good luck with the other moms! fingers crossed!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kmalls I definitely didn't put two and two together initially (i.e. that you were the one asking haha).  That's awesome that you made a friend!  i'll have to put it on my weekend list, especially given that its getting colder and indoor activities are only so exciting!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It was a rough morning.  DS wouldn't cooperate so I was already running way late.  Then he cried hard at dropoff.  I need a do-over.
    If it makes you feel better, Wednesday is always our roughest drop-off day. I don't know why! This morning there were two other kids crying - the one was really melting down. Wednesdays are hard.
  • Options
    @mikkimikey - OMG! Too funny. Great pictogram. DH even got a (nervous) chuckle out of it  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone have a recommendation for maternity tights? I got a pair from Motherhood my first pregnancy and they were the devil. Do comfortable maternity tights exist?? 
  • Options
    mispandamispanda member
    edited November 2017
    @kmalls I'm not sure what you mean by tights but I just bought a pair of maternity leggings from Blanqi.  Right now they are 50% off.  I'm hoping they turn out great.  My friend swears by them

edit: Do you mean like nylons? For dresses?
  • Options
    @mispanda lol yes, I mean nylons. The kind you wear with dresses and have feet. But the thicker kind you can wear in winter, not sheer and opaque. I call those tights.
  • Options
    @kmalls I have a pair from H&M I like so far!

@mispanda I just got my Blanqi leggings on Monday and they are PHENOMENAL. I never want to take them off!!
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • Options
    oooh @mispanda I will have to check that out!
  • Options
    @kmalls I got some from target and like them. They aren’t super thick but are comfortable. I’m wearing them for my commute today and not cold. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kmalls Awwe, that's so tough! Just remember it's probably harder for you then it is for him! 

• Options
    awww @kmalls hang in there.  Always tough when they reach new milestones. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @kmalls preschool has been so great for each of my kids! I know it's tough (for you) but it has definitely been worth it for us. I'm glad he's doing well - my DD2 cried the entire first month when she started at 2 but after that absolutely loved it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Feeling pretty bummed right now because I just found out I likely will not be getting a raise this year. Apparently there is a freeze so no one I work with will be. I was really looking forward to having that little extra with the baby on the way. Sigh. 
  • Options
    Oh man, I’m sorry @JJMNO1616. It’s such a letdown when raises don’t happen, and even more so when a baby is on the way. Hopefully they find other ways to show appreciation (like a big awesome gift) before you go out on maternity leave. 
  • Options
    @ngolimento - geeze - his poor dog probably felt like crap after being ignored like that  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ladythriceladythrice member
    edited November 2017
    g_amoss said:
    @ngolimento - geeze - his poor dog probably felt like crap after being ignored like that  :D
    @g_amoss LMAO

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kmalls said:
    Oh man, I’m sorry @JJMNO1616. It’s such a letdown when raises don’t happen, and even more so when a baby is on the way. Hopefully they find other ways to show appreciation (like a big awesome gift) before you go out on maternity leave. 
    I’m not holding my breath but that would be nice! lol One of the things that really bugs me is I have had a suspicion that I am personally being underpaid compared to other coworks in the first place. This is my first year in the position so I haven’t wanted to say anything. Not getting a raise feels like an even bigger slap in the face. I would have a conversation with my boss about it at this point but considering I will be taking 3 months off after the baby arrives it feels like a weird time to bring it up.