July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions - week of 11/13

Re: Weekly Questions - week of 11/13

• Options
    @MichelleAG05 & @kburg15 can't wait to check out these books! So excited about all these suggestions!

@christycalifornia Yes, exactly!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When do bellies start getting hard? When we start showing? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gspmom21 Yup, it's the uterus that makes the belly hard. At like 9weeks it reaches the top of the pubic bone then it goes from there. I didn't have a solid bump until mid second trimester with my first. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada thanks! I knew it would sound funny no matter how I worded it. I’m trying to picture how the bump will look. I’m 5’3 175 pounds but my torso is extremely short. Lol. I’ll be short and wide!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gspmom21 well if you are fluffy like me never bahaha 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 nooooo :( 
    If I were taller 175 probably wouldn’t be bad, but it’s so condensed.... I have more back rolls than my husband who weighs 260 :D lol
    You could describe it as fluffy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gspmom21 girl we may be spirit animals! i always wish i was taller for that reason!

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 finally someone to understand! No one gets (when I talk to them) how it’s different to be this weight and having a short torso. It looks different with and without clothes!
    When DH and I were building our house he and the contractor looked at me and said “how are you going to reach, the cabinets are very high.” 
    “Like I have been the past 22 years!” You make things work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    you look gorgeous! @gspmom21. id post a pic but there is a legitimate chance my phone would shout "oh hell no honey, not today, not today!" and jump off the counter haha  :D:D

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 hahahaha no!!!
    feel free to share! I’m sad more people didn’t jump on the discussion board when we had it up for all of 30 minutes 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gspmom21 I miss seeing your puppy, but your face is so pretty! 

...that's the least creepy was I could find to type that out. 

Nice avatar!
  • Options
    “Your face isn’t that cool. Bring back the dog.” I think that works @christycalifornia :D 
    I just thought I’d change it to me as another way for people to get to know me, sorry!! Lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I forgot brand new jelly out last night... is it bad?  :'(

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 I miss my wine too! My go-to's are topochicos with lime, Arnold Palmers (one part iced tea and one part lemonade) and sparkling water. Not perfect, but at least gives you that festive sense that's better than water. 
  • Options
    @ajsanders-2 I know I am late to the game. We actually booked a cruise to the Bahamas and will leave in 1.5 weeks. It is a zika zone, but we already paid and we have so been looking forward to this. So with the blessing from our midwife we are still going. We promised to stay by the beaches where there are less mosquitos and to wear bug spray all over. We are only in bahamas for 2 of the 7 days of the trip, so we will be super cautious. If we hadn't already booked, paid and planned for childcare... we would not be going.
  • Options
    @Katm89 - I think if we would have paid, we probably would still be going. I know we were planning on doing some excursions so that would like us away from the beaches and such. I am not as sad about going anymore as I realize there's a baby to be excited about, and that's what I really wanted.  We are still going to plan a vacation, not sure where yet. I might let H pick somewhere. Since this year we went to Vegas and that was my choice, maybe I can convince him to go back! haha.
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    gspmom21 said:
    When do bellies start getting hard? When we start showing? 
    It’s so hard to tell when everyone will start showing! I didn’t have a bump until about 22 weeks with my first. Maybe it will be faster this time around, but we will see! 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    @gspmom21 my bloat-gut is showing, does that count!? lol...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@canucklehead123 hahaha, yes that counts. Baby bloat!

@djh513 I knew timing when everyone would start showing would be hard to do, some smaller people don't show very much until the end! But I didn't know if our bellies got hard first (assumed it would) then we showed or what that process was.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm excited for a baby bump, but I know that will be a ways away!
  • Options
    Has anyone had the Harmony or Panorama genetic testing (or anything similar) with previous pregnancies? If you did, did insurance cover it?

With DS we just did the basic genetic screening that the state of California provides. My dad recently found out he's a double carrier for the Mthfr mutation so we are considering a more extensive screening.
  • Options
    abcdmommy said:
    @runsomewhere I’d skip the double stroller if I were you. We bought an expensive double stroller when my second was born and hardly used it. My oldest was 12 months at the time, so for that first year I’d often tandem wear the kids. In your case though you probably won’t want to wear your oldest, but he might prefer to walk at that point. I know my 4 year old and 3 year old will not let me stroll them since they think it’s too babyish. 
    Thanks. That's what I was thinking. DD usually just walks with us or we put her in a shopping cart when shopping. My only concern is that I'm a runner and while I was on maternity leave with DD I logged a lot of miles walking and running with her in the Bob. I'd like to do the same when #2 arrives. I'm someone that loves to get out and get moving but I'm not sure about longer walks or runs w/o DD in a stroller, even though she will be close to 3. 
    I'm going to disagree with almost everyone else and say get a double jogging stroller. I had one with my boys and used it until the oldest was close to 4. We did 3-7mile runs together frequently. Sometimes the older one would walk, sometimes he would ride, but when he was tired.... I was never so thankful as to have the backup when I needed it.
  • Options
    gspmom21 said:
    “Your face isn’t that cool. Bring back the dog.” I think that works @christycalifornia :D 
    I just thought I’d change it to me as another way for people to get to know me, sorry!! Lol 
    NOT what I meant! Something more along the lines of "I hate to see your pup go, but love to watch you post," or some shiz like that. Internetting is so awkward :D
  • Options
    amylu914 said:
    Has anyone had the Harmony or Panorama genetic testing (or anything similar) with previous pregnancies? If you did, did insurance cover it?

With DS we just did the basic genetic screening that the state of California provides. My dad recently found out he's a double carrier for the Mthfr mutation so we are considering a more extensive screening.
    @amylu914 I had the MaternT21 when I was pregnant with my first but insurance paid for it because I had abnormal quad screen numbers. I want to do it again but not sure yet if insurance will pay again or not.  I know that if you're AMA insurance will usually cover it.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @coco2787 do you remember when they did the blood draw and how long it took for the results to come back?
  • Options
    @amylu914 my obgyn was able to determine that I did not have the mthfr mutation with a simple blood test that she did at the same time as some other hormone tests. I later did the genetic cystic fibrosis test which was around$150 after insurance, but mthfr was a super cheap blood draw.
  • Options
    @ckmb_knottie duh, I wasn't even thinking about that. I was thinking about testing the baby, but I guess it makes more sense to test me first to see if there is even a reason for concern. Thank you!
  • Options
    @amylu914 I was around 17 weeks when I had it done, the results took about a week.  According to the schedule my OB sent me it can be done as early as 10 weeks.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @amylu914 I had the Panorama test done at 13 weeks due to an abnormal NT scan with my third baby.  Insurance did not cover it and sent me a $2,000 bill (despite the abnormal scan).  But the genetic counselor told me to call them and when I did they just said I owed $25.  It was weird, I didn't even have to argue with them.  That was 2014/2015 so I don't know if things have changed since it was fairly new then.  It seems like it is covered most of the time now.  I think they can do the blood draw as early as 10 weeks and it took exactly one week to get the results.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    abcdmommy said:
    @runsomewhere I’d skip the double stroller if I were you. We bought an expensive double stroller when my second was born and hardly used it. My oldest was 12 months at the time, so for that first year I’d often tandem wear the kids. In your case though you probably won’t want to wear your oldest, but he might prefer to walk at that point. I know my 4 year old and 3 year old will not let me stroll them since they think it’s too babyish. 
    Thanks. That's what I was thinking. DD usually just walks with us or we put her in a shopping cart when shopping. My only concern is that I'm a runner and while I was on maternity leave with DD I logged a lot of miles walking and running with her in the Bob. I'd like to do the same when #2 arrives. I'm someone that loves to get out and get moving but I'm not sure about longer walks or runs w/o DD in a stroller, even though she will be close to 3. 
    I'm going to disagree with almost everyone else and say get a double jogging stroller. I had one with my boys and used it until the oldest was close to 4. We did 3-7mile runs together frequently. Sometimes the older one would walk, sometimes he would ride, but when he was tired.... I was never so thankful as to have the backup when I needed it.
    Thank you :) I'm also worried that my daughter would feel sad or mad if there is no spot in the stroller for her. Then again it would be an insane waste of money to get a double Bob and have her never use it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SarafussSarafuss member
    edited November 2017
    My 4 and 6-year-olds still want to ride in the double stroller at the zoo and places like that.  Nothing worse than a whiny (whiney?) kid with no place to sit when you're at the zoo all day lol.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi - this book is not so much for pregnancy but after. It’s called Wonder Weeks. Save yourself some time and get the app. I thought it was a crock until the calendar behaviors were matching up directly with my baby’s behaviors. It’ll tell you when baby’s brain is developing rapidly and thus he may need more time with you during the night (this is indicated by a storm cloud) and then other weeks baby should sleep better (sunshine!). As a FTM, this really helped me understand why my baby was crying even though nothing was “wrong”. Their brains developing can be hard on them. It was a great app, highly recommend.
    This was one of the few baby apps I actually used! I didn't believe it at first, but it was pretty spot on with DS's ever changing moods. Well worth the money in my opinion. 
  • Options
    ShyfayeShyfaye member
    edited November 2017
    So I clearly didn’t see this discussion and tried to post my question as a new discussion. # fail Now I cant delete the thread I started. This Moblie app isn’t user friendly. 

How did you all pick a doctor?

I’m sure we may not be set in stone. I wonder if I’m the only person having this problem. I just moved back to Maryland and was planning to find a new lady doctor soon. Well now I have to make it sooner than I was expecting. I’ve spent all day looking at doctors. Its been the battle of 1. Who takes my insurance 3. Going through reviews 4. What hospital do you deliver at 5. Are you accepting new patients. Am I crazy? Am I over thinking this???? 
  • Options
    catftm2018catftm2018 member
    edited November 2017
    @sopranoali can you tell me what the icon on the app looks like. I tried to find it but there a bunch of wonder week apps. 
  • Options
    Hi - this book is not so much for pregnancy but after. It’s called Wonder Weeks. Save yourself some time and get the app. I thought it was a crock until the calendar behaviors were matching up directly with my baby’s behaviors. It’ll tell you when baby’s brain is developing rapidly and thus he may need more time with you during the night (this is indicated by a storm cloud) and then other weeks baby should sleep better (sunshine!). As a FTM, this really helped me understand why my baby was crying even though nothing was “wrong”. Their brains developing can be hard on them. It was a great app, highly recommend.
    Wonder Weeks is so amazing!! I had forgotten about it, but thanks for the reminder!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    LOVE Wonder Weeks!