February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms | 11.13

Re: Weekly Randoms | 11.13

• Options
    @rainafire77 that makes sense.  And the auto insurance won’t try to negotiate lower prices like health insurance does.  When I read my statements from insurance coverage for my OB visits and lab work its interesting to see the cost of something, what BCBS says they will pay, the adjusted price and then at the end what I’m going to pay out of pocket. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited November 2017
    Glucose test came back at 168 and they want me to do the 3 hr.  Sad face.  
    ETA: To those that had to do the 3 hr... did you have to wait a few days/weeks to take the 3 hr or could you do it the same week?  I kind of just want to get it over with.
  • Options
    @Chawk17 These are the 26wk versus end of pregnancy photos.  The one with red shorts is from my DD and is a week before she was born.  The second set is my DS and only a day before he was born.  I gained about the same amount of weight with both and just carried it in vastly different ways.

Well :( I'm maybe the size or slightly smaller than the red short ( left side )...so yep I've got some growth coming. 
  • Options
    ETA: To those that had to do the 3 hr... did you have to wait a few days/weeks to take the 3 hr or could you do it the same week?  I kind of just want to get it over with.
    I failed on Friday and took the 3 hour today.  I wanted to get it over with and my doctor wanted the results for my appointment Thursday.
  • Options
    I failed on Friday and took the 3 hour today.  I wanted to get it over with and my doctor wanted the results for my appointment Thursday.
    I waited like 10 days between the one and theee hour simply to have time on a day off to do it but I don’t think there’s any reason why you can’t do it this week. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @soulcupcake what a sweet way to honor your son  <3

i was watching that tlc show Hodges's 1/2 dozen (or whatever it's called) and I started sobbing when she was kissing her son before she had the quints. I'm so sad about DD not being the baby anymore, and honestly quite terrified about it all. 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    @seitzy3 I hate how weak this makes me sound. I can get up and do laundry, cook, etc, but back to the couch afterwards. I tried to take the girls to story time yesterday and it was a disaster. If I have to go to grocery, I try to get DH to go too, or just pick things up on his way home. A friend is keeping the girls during the rest of my appointments so I don’t have to wrangle them all the city to the city and back, which I’m so so so grateful for. 
  • Options
    I passed the 3 hour test!!  So relieved!!
    Congrats! I know I was so relieved too! 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace that does not make you sound weak. It’s been rough emotionally for me the past few weeks. I have been trying to keep up with the girls all while trying to take care of myself and baby boy. It’s exhausting and i feel like i haven’t had time to even bond with him. I know, silly. But it’s hard not to feel bad or guilty about not doing enough for the kids, or at least that’s how i feel! Hang in there...we can do this! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace that doesn't make you weak, you're doing what's best for you and baby. 

Do do you have click and connect where you are? Order your groceries online then they bring them out to your car. It's amazing and I love it 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    @Aeml1985 the Kroger Clicklist has saved my life the last couple months. The only thing that stinks is having all those extra plastic baggies around your house. I bring reusable bags when i go to the store. But at least I now have a million baggies to pick up dog poop. Well, my husband does ;) 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    @TattoosandLace that does not make you sound weak. It’s been rough emotionally for me the past few weeks. I have been trying to keep up with the girls all while trying to take care of myself and baby boy. It’s exhausting and i feel like i haven’t had time to even bond with him. I know, silly. But it’s hard not to feel bad or guilty about not doing enough for the kids, or at least that’s how i feel! Hang in there...we can do this! 
    That’s exactly how I’m feeling! As a sahm, it’s hard for me to pull back from doing it all. <3
  • Options
    Aeml1985 said:
    @TattoosandLace that doesn't make you weak, you're doing what's best for you and baby. 

Do do you have click and connect where you are? Order your groceries online then they bring them out to your car. It's amazing and I love it 
    We live 1h15m from the nearest Walmart. 25 miles from the nearest mom and pop grocery store. :/ I’m thankful DH can grab stuff after work. 
  • Options
    I forgot about this one: So H told me the other day, after talking to his little brother who still lives at home, that his parents are apparently having some huge problems. The brother said he's trying to move out ASAP (which he's been saying for years but that's a whole other can of worms) because their fighting has gotten out of control. He said a couple weeks ago that his dad actually walked out and went to stay at their camp site for a weekend after a big fight. But being completely insensitive to my need for information, H has no more information about what they were fighting over. I've seen/heard them bicker when we visit/they visit, and it sounds like typical "been married 37 years and get on each others' nerves sometimes" stuff, but I've also seen my FIL lose his temper really quickly and snap at MIL over nothing. We're visiting them twice in December, but one weekend FIL will be gone so I won't get to witness it first-hand. It's just so sad, I hope they can adjust and maybe get some help. Well, FIL needs the help. Walking out like that seems a little immature for a 60-year old...
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @winnie1122 what wonderful news!! 

• Options
    @winnie1122 amazing news! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    Totally random. I need new makeup brushes. What do you all recommend?
  • Options
    Totally random. I need new makeup brushes. What do you all recommend?
    I always go for Sephora brushes. The gift sets are pretty affordable and do the trick for me! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    I like morphe brushes, they are good quality without being obnoxiously expensive. I heard a rumor that ultra is or will be carrying morphe too!
  • Options
    So glad it went well today, @winnie1122
  • Options
    @seitzy3 haha love it!
  • Options
    smorzandoj  I second the morphe brushes, really nice but won't break the bank.

I also like the Real Techniques brushes for something really inexpensive (I get them at Walmart here, but I think I remember Target selling them before they went out of business).
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I went ahead and ordered a set from Sephora last night since i had 20% off but I’m going to look at morphe as well when I get a chance bc there’s are a few that I didn’t get from Sephora that I would like. 

@seitzy3 I’m with your daughter on the vacation thing 150%. Id even be good with a hotel and room service for a few days. 
  • Options
    I have also used the real technique brushes from target. My only complaint is that they did not last long :( . Granted they were pretty cheap Sinai was not terribly upset. 
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 That bedroom is going to be beautiful!

I LOVE Hobby Lobby, and wish they shipped to Canada. I'm trying to plan a day trip to Bangor before DD arrives to pick up some decor....and also eat some Chick-fil-a lol.
  • Options
    It took 45mins for the lab just to GIVE ME THE DRINK for my 1 hour. Thankfully DD behaved beautifully for the almost two hours we were there. I’m counting my blessings on that one. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 What? Mine went and got it immediately after the first blood draw and said I had 5 minutes to drink it. I wonder why yours took 45 minutes, especially when all of this is timed specifically to get the correct result.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @rainafire77 FFFC: I totally do that, but not specifically for that reason, just to see if there's anything entertaining going on.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @rainafire77 they don’t take a baseline draw for the 1 hour. Or at least I never have. They just give me the drink then do blood in 1hr. I was pretty upset. I was about to tell them I was going to have to reschedule if they were that far behind. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 Weird! I had a baseline drawn when I had DD 15 years ago and a baseline draw this time. I guess it depends on the lab?

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    Have your parents and/or in-laws offered to help purchase anything baby-wise? And if so, when did they offer? I hate assuming someone will buy us something, but well, I am hoping that my FIL and step-MIL will offer to help at some point. MIL offered early on to buy the crib, but I kind of more expected it from FIL and step-MIL as they are in a better financial situation. 

I know I should just not hope/assume and do what we have to do in regards to buying stuff, but I've been holding off on buying our stroller and car seat as it's the last big thing to get and I thought if they offered to help, that would be a good thing for them to chip in on. 

If I'm just being selfish, tell me to shut up... it's just this is the first grandchild and I'm not sure what to expect from them. (P.S. Both of my parents have passed, so the only grandparents are the in-laws.) 
  • Options
    @ldawngirl781 My MIL said she is buying the crib and mattress. I haven't heard anything from FIL or Step-MIL on anything but I'm sure there will be something. My dad probably won't get us anything but may buy a gift certificate or give us cash. I'm not expecting anything really. I'd say something like "we're going down and buying xyz because it's on sale" and if they say "don't worry we'll get that" then there you go. If they just say "ok" or no real response then you know. I am not counting on anyone buying us anything and honestly would rather pick things that I want myself and buy it myself because some of what I've requested is due to our limited space.

My husband, on the other hand, doesn't want to buy anything until he knows what everyone is giving us so we don't have to spend the money if we don't have to. I told him that He can deal with that then because I'm not going to be demanding "what are you getting us" and having to scramble to buy something a week before the baby is due.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017