TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Weekly Randoms | 11.13

• Nurse called this morning to say I failed my one hour glucose test.  So mad!!  They want me to take the 3 hour before my appointment on Thursday but I am drowning at work this week.  Happy Monday to me!!  
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm supposed to drive 6 hours (round trip) tonight and Wednesday night for grad school. Between crazy tiredness and this nasty cold I've come down with, I'm not seeing the odds of me making the long trip for class as very high (at least tonight). 
  • DD has been puking since Saturday night. Today is her first day on the BRAT diet and when she asks for food, I cringe. I've washed so much laundry and given her so many bathes. I don't want to do anymore!  :'( 
  • Insurance is stupid.  They are trying to say some of my blood work is "out of network"--which was drawn at my OB's office--like it is every other time and it is covered 100% normally.  They are trying to charge me $5000.  Luckily my OB office is amazing and are looking into everything for me.  

@eggplantface It is exciting that you have an "exit plan".  I always think that makes everything so much more real.  And you get a birthday buddy :)
    eggplantfacerainafire77
  • Hey y’all. I know I have not been around in a while. I was put on a modified bed rest for dilation and a shorten cervix. It’s still in the normal range but it’s early (25.3 weeks) so my midwife wants me to take it easy for now. It’s nearly impossible with three other kiddos but I’m trying to make it work. 

On another note, I’m getting my Christmas shopping done pretty fast and early. Except for those damn fingerling monkeys. They will be the death of me. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
    eggplantfacesmorzandoj
  • Thanks @eggplantface.  149 and 130 was the cutoff.  Not even close.

You get a birthday buddy!  It will be something fun to share each year.  Hope you get spoiled for both your birthdays!

Sorry to hear you are on bedrest @seitzy3!!!  Yeah for the Christmas shopping.  I haven't even started yet.
    eggplantfaceash0625seitzy3
  • @seitzy3 that's tough with other kiddos! When do you go for your next check up?
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• @Melissa9481 has she had any kind of dairy? I'm sorry she's sick, that is no fun at all.
  • The nurse finally reviewed my recent blood work and 1 hour glucose and all came back great. I hate that damn screening. I was fortunate to forgo the glucola drink during my last three pregnancies. 

Parent-teacher conference in 20 minutes. Yay! I've also been procrastinating on this grad school admissions essay. I've done this four times before when I originally started applying to programs. I'm being super lazy about it now. Blech.

G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• At lunch, a teacher shared a picture of an actual cake at a baby shower this weekend.  The cake was a vagina-with a baby doll coming out covered in blood--complete with an butt hole and poop next to the cake.  I cannot make this up.  It was disgusting.  

Also, congrats on passing your glucose @soulcupcake !
    eggplantfaceldawngirl781mpp06
  • @seitzy3 mak. I’m sorry, girl. I’m on modified with two littles. I can’t imagine with three. All the hugs, lady. 
  • Aeml1985 said:
    @seitzy3 that's tough with other kiddos! When do you go for your next check up?
    November 20th! So one more week and hopefully everything looks okay. I’ve been cramping so easily lately. 

@TattoosandLace ugh, it’s so difficult! Plus, it’s hard to hand over the reigns to H when I’m so used to doing everything myself. I definitely missed that you were on BR too. Sorry :( 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
    eggplantfaceTattoosandLace
  • Insurance is stupid.  They are trying to say some of my blood work is "out of network"--which was drawn at my OB's office--like it is every other time and it is covered 100% normally.  They are trying to charge me $5000.  Luckily my OB office is amazing and are looking into everything for me.  

@eggplantface It is exciting that you have an "exit plan".  I always think that makes everything so much more real.  And you get a birthday buddy :)
    From an insurance stand pointbit does not matter where it was drawn but what lab it was sent to. Many labs will not do the more specialized testing. So if you Have any type of genetic or fetal testing or other specialized or high risk testing there is a strong likelihood it was sent to a different lab than your normal bloodwork
  • Thanks @rainafire77 and @GoogleMD for your insight. Both draws that they are charging me for are from different labs. It doesn’t surprise me that the genetic testing isn’t covered—it’s the lesser charge. It was the $5000 charge that shocked me. After talking with my OB’s office—I was told to send them any bills from labs and it would be “taken care of”.  
    babybro218rainafire77babymakes9ldawngirl781
  • God healthcare is so complicated in the US. I hope that gets sorted out @magnolia305

@seitzy3 I too have been cramping easily; today I organized all of DD’s nb-24mth clothes to sell and I was having Braxton Hicks (I think) like crazy. I have a ultrasound at the end of the month to check my cervical length (I  had a leep less than a year ago and I guess that can cause cervix to shorten) and I’ve been feeling baby very very low.
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• Also random, after all that “hard” work I’m sitting with my feet up watching the CMA’s eating halloweeen candy while DD naps. DD and DD are on their own for dinner tonight, mama ain’t cooking sh*t

• Super random but I was looking back at belly pictures of when I was pregnant with my DS to compare the sizes. And I am pretty close to the exact same. And then I looked at my 39-41 week belly shots and I have A LOT of growing left to do and I got serious anxiety about toting my little guy around and toting my belly around at the same time! Again super random!
    babybro218
  • @kbrinks2 I feel SO much larger than this gestation with DD but the pics are pretty comparable. But holy god I feel gigantic and am also in fear of what the next 12 weeks brings 

kbrinks2
  • GoogleMD said:
    Insurance is stupid.  They are trying to say some of my blood work is "out of network"--which was drawn at my OB's office--like it is every other time and it is covered 100% normally.  They are trying to charge me $5000.  Luckily my OB office is amazing and are looking into everything for me.  

From an insurance stand pointbit does not matter where it was drawn but what lab it was sent to. Many labs will not do the more specialized testing. So if you Have any type of genetic or fetal testing or other specialized or high risk testing there is a strong likelihood it was sent to a different lab than your normal bloodwork
    This is true unfortunately.  Was it the spina bifida lab or something special?
  • kbrinks2 said:
    Super random but I was looking back at belly pictures of when I was pregnant with my DS to compare the sizes. And I am pretty close to the exact same. And then I looked at my 39-41 week belly shots and I have A LOT of growing left to do and I got serious anxiety about toting my little guy around and toting my belly around at the same time! Again super random!
    I'm still worried about this whole growing thing. I need to get over it, but......
    babymakes9
  • @chucksmom15 so sorry you have to take the 3 hour. I just did it last Thursday. I did not feel good AT ALL during the test, and I wouldn’t have wanted to go back to work after. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Megzb510 said:
    @chucksmom15 so sorry you have to take the 3 hour. I just did it last Thursday. I did not feel good AT ALL during the test, and I wouldn’t have wanted to go back to work after. 
    Thanks.  I just chugged the drink so we'll see how it goes.  My plan is to go to work after.
    Megzb510
  • Going SUV shopping today sans kiddos. I’m excited for the alone time with H but not excited for the process. It needs to get done since H will be out of town come January so I feel like I need to get this done! Trying to find an SUV that fits four car seats comfortably 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
    chucksmom15babymakes9night_nurse
  • seitzy3 said:

speaking of vaginas, I was at the doctor a couple weeks ago with DD and we are hanging out in the hallway while I was getting my weight checked, blood pressure etc and she goes “let me get this straight”....and screams....”sooo the baby comes out of your VAGINA!?” Hahahaha I was cracking up. Another OB in the office heard her and she came over and said it was nice that I’m teaching my young daughter the correct term for her privates. Meanwhile, here i am referring to it as a lady garden 
    Well this story just made my day.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

seitzy3babymakes9
  • @seitzy3 it’s “modified” now. Hope SUV shopping’s goes well. 
    seitzy3
  • Megzb510 said:
    @chucksmom15 so sorry you have to take the 3 hour. I just did it last Thursday. I did not feel good AT ALL during the test, and I wouldn’t have wanted to go back to work after. 
    Thanks.  I just chugged the drink so we'll see how it goes.  My plan is to go to work after.
    I did the 2 hour test on Saturday. I can't imagine going to work after because so felt off for the rest of the day.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @TattoosandLace exactly! Better get it done sooner than later. Do you still pretty much do your everyday errands or house chores and just stop when you’re feeling crappy? I’m just not too sure how to even be on “modified” bed rest. I have been taking it as easy as much as i can but someone’s gotta do the food shopping and laundry and keep the kids from killing each other 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • seitzy3 said:
    Going SUV shopping today sans kiddos. I’m excited for the alone time with H but not excited for the process. It needs to get done since H will be out of town come January so I feel like I need to get this done! Trying to find an SUV that fits four car seats comfortably 
    DH and I went SUV shopping this past Friday. It wasn't too bad and we drove off the lot with our new (to us) Ford Escape. Good luck!!
    seitzy3mpp06
  • @Chawk17 These are the 26wk versus end of pregnancy photos.  The one with red shorts is from my DD and is a week before she was born.  The second set is my DS and only a day before he was born.  I gained about the same amount of weight with both and just carried it in vastly different ways.

jessilee15
  • I just found out that the rogam shot is custom made to each individual...  You would think someone would have told me this before! (Seeing as I have had 2 shots with each pregnancy and this is my 7th pregnancy) I had no idea!

Also just took my 1 hour glucose,  fingers crossed i pass,  and got the tdap which was no where near as bad as i thought it would be. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Got the ambulance and er bill from the accident and combined it's just under $5k. Ambulance was $3500 just to basically give me a ride for 7 miles. And the er doc saw me for 5 minutes after making wait for 2 hours, nevermind the nurse who couldnt use a doppler that i had to take from her to find the babys heartbeat.

What's hysterical or just absurd, because we're air ambulance subscribers, it would have been cheaper to be flown by helicopter to my doctors hospital an hour away. And I would have been treated in labor & delivery as opposed to the er. It's such a scam.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @rainafire77 Geez! Do you have to pay that or does insurance cover some/all of it? I remember cursing an ambulance bill last year and it was less than $500 and my insurance covered it. 

• rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited November 2017
    @ldawngirl781 Insurance will cover it one way or another.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

ldawngirl781
  • @rainafire77 I hope your insurance will take on some of that.  I had a similar bill for an ambulance ride 4 blocks when I had a stroke at the chiropractor in 2010. Our insurance initially fought paying because I didn’t give the insurance company our card at the time of service. 
  • @hms1219 My car insurance will pay back my health insurance for what they pay and cover any remaining balance. The ambulance company wanted me to just give them the auto claim number because then they'd get 100% reimbursement. I told them no that they needed to bill my health insurance first because that one bill would eat up most of my medical payments. That's why I think the pricing on it is shady as hell. I think they bill car accidents at a higher rate than normal because they expect they'll be paid in full by the auto insurance company rather than the allowed & contracted amount of the medical insurance. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017