July 2018 Moms

Names?!?

Re: Names?!?

• I like Eamon the best! I would pronounce it Eh-mon. There was a restaurant where I used to live with that name and that's how people pronounced it.

I love the knicknames for Remington but agree I would immediately think you love guns. That being said, that's not bad! And also maybe people would look at you and be like, no, that's not it, and it wouldn't be an issue, lol. Not trying to stereotype, but there are probably people out there with kids named Remington where you would know immediately that they named him after guns (and that's not bad either!). 

I like Aaden, I had a cool student named Aiden, smart kid, huge smart ass, lots of fun, I associate good things with that name!
  • ckmb_1250ckmb_1250 member
    edited May 2018
    @sarafuss @runsomewhere hahaha I listened to that song on my way home and it's hilarious  :D I do remember it.

thanks everyone - I am still stumped for nicknames for Isaac but I do like it, I just really dislike Zac. Ike, Izzy, Iggy?
  • Loading the player...
  • @ckmb_knottie If that was the name I had chosen and I was waiting for a nickname to happen it would probably end up being “eyes” lol. Just the first sounds in the name. 
  • @ckmb_knottie I ended up having that song stuck in my head forever yesterday! 

I can't come up with a clear nickname for Isaac but keep in mind that nicknames often develop naturally once you meet the kiddo, especially when there isn't a defined shortened version of their name.   
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ckmb_knottie - if you love the name Issac I wouldn't skip it just because you can't come up with a nickname.  My youngest son is named Owen and we were worried about the same thing.  Probably for good reason... we now frequently refer to him as either Obi Wan or Burrito....  Nicknames can be surprising. 
  • zg49zg49 member
    Quick preference question. We decided on Jemma for our girl but having a hard time with middle name due to our last name also ending in "a".

Jemma Ann
    Jemma DeAnn
    Jemma DeAnna (my preference because its my grandmas full name)

Rolling off the tongue is Jemma DeAnna Lastnameblah  too much of the "ahhh" sound?

• @zg49 I like Jemma DeAnna! I like kind the kind of song-song-y sound especially for girls names. I have been struggling with middle names too and others have reminded me that baby will mostly go by his(hers in your case) first name. So regardless, if DeAnna is more special to you then I say use it!!
  • I love Jemma DeAnna! However, I am biased because my sister's name is Deanna. Its such a beautiful name and spelling for both!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• nimmlenimmle member
    @ckmb_knottie I like Aaden and Isaac as well. We are looking at Aiden as a middle name. I think another nickname for Isaac could be Izzy. Remi makes me think of Remy Danton from House of Cards.
  • @zg49 I like Jemma Deanna
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @ckmb_knottie I like Isaac or Eamon (AY-mon) best! I wasn’t thrilled that neither of my boys names had nicknames that were readily apparent but we call them all sorts of things now lol

@zg49 I like Jemma DeAnna! You’re rarely going to say/use all three names at once so I wouldn’t worry too much about them all ending similarily. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @nimmle i was telling my hubs the same last night. His character in that show gets better (havent seen last season) so not awful, but then i think of that actors character in luke cage and hes a dick so basically a big chain of negative connotations. I do like the name though!
  • We're still struggling with boy names over here too.  We finally sat down and talked about it - of the 5 possibilities I wrote down, DH only liked one of them so now he's convinced that's it.  First name would be Robert, after his grandfather.  I don't like the name Robert at all, so I'm still really iffy, but we would call him by his middle name, Preston.  DH has gone by his middle name his entire life, so I like that symmetry.......just wish we could use a different family first name. 
  • @zg49 I love the name Jemma! I considered Gemma also. I think either DeAnn or DeAnna work better than Jemma Ann so that you don't have both "a" sounds next to each other.
  • @d_marie_23 Ziggy is such a great name! and I love Ziggy Pryor, those names sound great together!
  • @d_marie_23 love it! That’s what we named our first baby, our dog :smile:
  • @SmashJam @zande2016 Thanks ladies! It's nice to have someone in our [naming] corner! Lol. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • I'm so indecisive about naming this baby.  I had it in my head that we would name her Sloane and my DH agreed.  I think I'm annoying him because I keep going back and forth.  I'm down to three names and I think we are going to have to just decide when we meet her to see what feels right.  But I'm curious which you guys like best?

Sloane
    Ella
    Tessa

Tessa is my DH's least favorite because my mom suggested Tess (I like Tess too but our last name starts with S so it doesn't flow well).  I kind of agree that I don't want to pick a name that my mom keeps bringing up because she will be annoying about how she "picked the name".  But I also don't want to NOT choose that name just because of that.  It changes daily which of the three I like best so we'll see what fits her.  Elisabeth is a strong contender for a middle name but we are essentially undecided on that also. 
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have officially narrowed our names down to three for DS - Lucas/Luke, Colt, and Chase. We're leaning more towards Lucas/Luke or Colt, but keeping all three and deciding once he's made his arrival. I think I am personally leaning more towards Colt. I really like Lucas, but I know he will end up being called Luke. Naming is so darn hard. Thankfully the middle name is easy for us, William. It's a family name on both sides so we literally had it locked in from the moment we found out we were having a boy. 
  • And846And846 member
    @Sarafuss i think Sloan’s and Ella are great choices. I’m with you on Tess and then a last name starting with S. 
  • I also like Sloane and Ella the best! Hard to pick one. Not a fan of Tessa.

Lucas would be my pick @jenny2018 I think we may do Luca as a middle name.
  • zg49zg49 member
    @Sarafuss I prefer Sloane or Tessa personally! I really like Sloane Elisabeth together.

@d_marie_23 I like Ziggy! It's original but not weird lol. Also, love the letters!! the Micah one is adorable! I mad letter names for both DD1 and DS but have yet to do DD2 yet. 

• @jenny2018 - I think Lucas sounds the best with William!  And while some others may call him Luke, you don't have to.  I totally get that aversion though - I'm the exact same way (I loved Jeremiah but didn't like any of the nicknames for it so we crossed it off the list).

I'm about 95% certain this baby boy will be Robert Preston.  And I'm also pretty sure my MIL knows that Robert is in the mix because, unknowingly, BOTH DH and I asked her something about her dad (Robert) within a 24 month period.
  • @Sarafuss I like Sloane and Ella best! Sloane if you’re going for something less common :)
  • @Sarafuss I like Ella and Sloane, Ella slightly more than Sloane but both are great choices. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  I think we are leaning more towards Sloane or Ella.  I just need to see her first.  I like to hear others opinions though!  We've gotten very few positive reactions about Sloane so it makes me hesitate.  
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss I'm surprised you haven't gotten a lot of positive feedback on Sloane.

My baby will likely be nameless till birth. It makes me a little sad for some reason but I have no idea what to name her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss I like Tessa the best but if it doesn’t work really well with your last name, I’d take it off the list. I can also imagine it would be super annoying if your mom felt like she picked the name and felt the need to mention that often. So between Ella and Sloane, I prefer Ella only because I’m not a huge fan of unisex names on girls, I’m a girly name kind of person lol. What about Ella Sloane?
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @comealongponds I like Ella Sloane!  If we go with Ella that is a good option because DH doesn't love Elisabeth for a middle name.  He likes Sloane Olivia (which I also like so we would probably go with that if we choose Sloane).  Naming a person is so hard!
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss I love Ella and Sloane. I think Ella Elizabeth is pretty.
  • @jenny2018 we have a Luca and he for sure gets called Luke or Lucas quite a bit - but at 5 he's good at saying "actually, my name is Luca".  There are just SO MANY names that random people will mess up it wouldn't be enough of a reason for me not to use if I loved it.

Our boy however shall remain nameless.  We are just SO uninspired.  There are plenty of names that are fine, but I don't want to settle for fine. I want to LOVE my kids name. 
  • @KatyF0813 I feel like I’m kind of having cold feet with our name (Sawyer). I really like it, but I don’t know if I like it because I love the name or if I just lack interest in searching for a name. I want to LOVE his name too and I don’t know if I do. I think DH would divorce me if I up and changed my mind right now though. 
  • @hillbillywife I feel the SAME way. Do I REALLY like this name or do I like it simply because I don't feel like searching anymore? I'm have no idea what to do.

• Today I started thinking about Nolan again. I swear this poor child is nameless. HE WHO STILL NEEDS TO BE NAMED. lol. I hear all of you ladies about wanting to love the name, I feel the same way...
  • @kissableviv I love the name Nolan!  That was on our short list of names for our first DS.
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kissableviv I love Nolan too! 
  • Back on the list it goes! Hahahahaha
  • edited June 2018
    @hillbillywife Sawyer is an awesome name. @Sarafuss Love the name Sloane! I also agree, personally, with not wanting to use the name someone would constantly take "credit" for. We dealt with that heavy suggesting, too. 

And to those of you getting cold feet about names, I had major cold feet with DS1's name and actually preferred a couple others over it. I just started saying the name out loud frequently and imagined using his name in a multitude of scenarios at various ages. Turns out, I loved the name and it just felt more natural than the others. It helped me, at least. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • @d_marie_23 thank you! I feel like babies often grow into their names too. There are lots of people who are not well named but I feel like parents get to be a little more creative nowadays. My kids both have kind of spunky less common names and they totally fit their spunky personalities. I’m rambling now lol. Hope that made sense. I definitely need to spend more time saying baby’s name out loud. That’s probably why I’m wavering. I have it under lock and key pretty much so my kids don’t blab it to the whole world lol.