July 2018 Moms
Options

Spilling the beans...

How do you plan on telling family? I know a few have mentioned it in other posts, but I thought it would be fun for a post specifically for how you plan on announcing the exciting news to family or extended family.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
They will be forever missed. <3
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spilling the beans...

• Options
    I love it. I love play on words like that.

I’m trying to decide if I want to keep it from everyone till Christmas. I still haven’t told my mom, which she usually knows as soon as I take a test. I know I want to do something cute.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bubby9215 that’s cute!! 

We’re waiting until the week before Christmas (i’ll be 10 weeks). We’re going on a trip with his family. DH wants to put a bun in the oven and bring attention to it, he thinks his dad will think that’s the funniest thing. I’m not sure how we’re telling my parents yet, they don’t have a sense of humor and aren’t good at reactions. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My hope is to teach 15m DS to point to my belly when we ask "Where's the baby?" and tell our families at Thanksgiving. 

DS was a July 16 baby, and we announced to extended family and friends with our Christmas card - a close up of my belly with a ribbon that said "Do not open until July 2016." I think this time we might wait until New Years for the big announcement. 
  • Options
    My sisters know. They'd been praying for us to concieve the last year and a half, so I told them right away. I'm not on speaking-terms with my mom right now, so I'm going to wait until three months when it's a little safer, then let my three-year-old tell her the news by phone. She's so excited about her sibling, it'll be nice for them to be excited together. 
  • Options
    @magzor we are thinking about doing a Christmas card announcement too. I think it’s such a cute idea for family and friends that live far away.

Even though it’s really early, I think we are going to tell our family and close friends this weekend. It is DS’ 5th birthday and we are having everyone over at our house for a bonfire and chili. As one of his gifts, we are going to give him a “No. 1 Big Brother” shirt and have someone help him read it. He doesn’t know yet either and it will be so fun for all of our family to be there to see his reaction! He’s been asking for a “baby in my belly” for a year now...
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    The first time with my son, we just made calls. 
    This time around, I am seeing a lot of family and telling them individually. 
    My husband found out while I made a call to the doctors office. He was all smiles!
    I told my most of the parents while taking their picture, “say Amanda’s pregnant.”
    i was able to tell some of my siblings casually in conversation today. We were talking about obgyns ( my niece is due in December) and I said, “I had Dr. Young Deliver my son, but Dr Hennessy will deliver my baby next.”
    they were all like “your pregnant?!?”
    it was great!
    i will tell my other siblings at thanksgiving! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haha I called and told my mom and my husbands mom the day we found out I think it’s different the second time :) 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I sort of spontaniously told my family because we had dinner with them literally 45 minutes after I tested. 
    His mom we were nervous about cuz she wasn’t too thrilled about us getting pregnant and is super nosey. So we just met up with her and told her flat out. Now she wants us to FaceTime everyone and tell them but I keep reminding her we aren’t telling anyone else til Christmas. 
  • Options
    @celainev I’m glad she has a good reaction I hope she doesn’t keep pressuring you to share! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Haha I called and told my mom and my husbands mom the day we found out I think it’s different the second time :) 
    Funny, I'm the opposite. The first time, we told immediate family and close friends right away because we were so excited. This time, for some reason I feel like I want to keep it a secret for a while. I'm not even sure why. 

I was considering thanksgivkng for immediate family but there are going to be people there that aren't considered immediate family. So maybe Christmas, or maybe just pull people aside individually at thanksgiving. I also have divorced parents so there's no way to tell everyone all at once in my family. 
  • Options
    I feel like we are super boring for first time parents but we’ve never really been a cutesy/pinteresty couple. We just told my in-laws when they offered me a drink then called my parents on speaker phone and broke the news. My husband got drunk and told his best friend then I told mine when she and her fiancé came over for a date night. Planning to tell siblings after we hear a heartbeat then honestly might be done telling people at least until we are near the end. Maybe extended family and a few family friends at the end of the first tri? We are so boring :)
  • Options
    We bought a big brother shirt yesterday so we’ll have DS wear it in front of family and see how long it takes them to figure it out. I wanted to wait until we had an ultrasound picture but DH really wants to tell family. We’ll probably have my parents and siblings come over for dinner and tell them. For his parents, we’ll just walk over(they live next door) with DS wearing the shirt. 
  • Options
    We’re waiting until thanksgiving to tell the families. I’m thinking I might do a New Years announcement for everyone else. I want to get a cute T-shirt shirt for our little guy and have him wear it. I’m having a really hard time not telling my sister though! I already told my bff and my mom group from DS because I tell them everything haha. We’re doing two thanksgivings so I’m hoping in husband’s side can keep quiet until my family finds out. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH wants to hold out for a little bit longer, he thinks Christmas, me I think telling people on Thanksgiving would be really fun, or at least family. Everyone else will have to wait until Christmas/New Years, which around then would make 12 weeks. Been looking at a couple cute ideas to announce on for all occasions. Loving the Christmas ones that say 'Don't Open Until July of 2018'
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 The way you told your mom made me cry!  Oh hormones.... 
  • Options
    first time around we announced to family with our engagement photos and put the ultrasound picture at the end of the book as the surprise. 

This time I am thinking of taking the ultrasound picture (if we have it in time) when we go see santa and have santa with my son and the Ultrasound as our announcement. DH told his brother yesterday because he couldn't hold it in anymore. I am going to wait until after the first ultrasound to tell family. And then announce at Christmas.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I found out I was pregnant Saturday morning about 4 hours before family pictures because DS is turning 1 this month. 

I had my photographer bring a chalkboard that said “This birthday boy is going to be a big brother!” and we surprised my DH that way. 

We we got some great pictures and will use those to tell everyone. Pass them out to immediate family at Thanksgiving and post them on social media around Christmas. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Options
    I just realized I'll be 12 weeks on Christmas! I've been searching for a cute Christmas sweater that says "big brother" like a mad woman but I don't see much  :'(
  • Options
    Got DH to agree to tell only family on Thanksgiving, and then everyone else will know at Christmas or New Years.

Told him that way if something does happen, we'd have a little extra support, and not struggle through ourselves!

So now I am ordering a cute little onesie to use for both sets of parents, cards for my siblings who live out of state and can't make it back for Thanksgiving. Going to find a cute little box to put the onesie in, and put something on top that says "what we are thankful for," and bring that around to each set of parents. I am so excited!!!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited November 2017
    @CareBear622 I’m feeling the same way. Pretty sure this will be my last baby and I just don’t have the pull to tell everyone ASAP like I did last time. 

Like pretty much everyone, I’m planning on telling our families on thanksgiving. I’m not sure how yet though. It feels really awkward to just be like “oh hey- I’m pregnant.” I don’t think anyone will really have expected us to have another. 

I’ll tell everyone else around Christmas. I might do a picture or something like “all I want for Christmas is a tie breaker” because we have one of each. We’ll see. 

I also can’t decide when I want to tell my kids. They’re probably not the most reliable secret keepers so I don’t want them to know too early and spill the beans. 

So much to consider!! I love hearing all of your plans though! So fun!

ETA: usually my bff is the first to know I’m pregnant other than my DH, and I haven’t told her yet! Our other friend wants to do dinner and a movie with the girls this weekend and if they bring it up I’m going to have suuuccchh a hard time denying it... or just not blurting it out. 
  • Options
    I've told my parents and my best friend but that's it. I plan to tell the rest of my family on thanksgiving including my 8 year old daughter.  I have my first appointment the day before Thanksgiving so I plan to use the ultrasound photo and I have a shirt to gift my daughter that says big sister.  Going to try and break that out when we say what we are thankful for.
  • Options
    I feel kind of bad, because we will not be telling at Thanksgiving and we will have the ultrasound the day before the holiday. I just don't feel ready.
  • Options
    @christycalifornia we will announce at xmas. My mother will for sure have her suspicions, but like @powellgirl said I don't trust family to keep it hush. 
  • Options
    We have both told our closest friends and I told my daughters due date buddy from August '16 BMB we talk alot. and it has been amazing having her insight on things.

• Options
    Well that got me all teary @MrsMiller8588
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @MrsRucinski85 I love the stocking idea! Might have to steal that one for social media
  • Options
    So many cute ideas here! I love the idea of putting a big brother shirt on DS and having family notice but I’m not sure when we will tell everyone. My sister knows and that’s it for now. I want to see the nurse practitioner first and then go from there. We had lots of pressure from our parents to tell everyone once they found out and I’m not ready for that just yet :) 
  • Options
    My DH can NOT keep a secret for his life and spilled the beans to his brother, who years ago found out we got engaged and posted to social media before we even called anyone ☹️ So needless to say, we told our parents and my sister already. I didn’t want them finding out from anyone but me, and they were all excited. That should help keep him quiet until Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I’d like to tell extended family and friends around Christmas since I’ll be about 12 weeks and something about the holidays makes everyone ask if I’m expecting (they did that before DS and then last Christmas as well- I just had DS the August before Christmas people!). Haven’t decided how I’ll tell everyone yet but probably something like a cute holiday shirt that says Big Brother.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    *TW* our first was CP and had already told close friends. Hit me hard to tell them we lost it.

with DS we waited for first appointment to tell our parents and siblings. We then told extended family on my grandpas bday. I started off by putting in his hard that his gift would arrive that coming April. Then the rest of the family knew. We posted on social media when we found out the sex.

This time around my husband had told his parents, brother and some close friends. I have only told my sister and a close coworker. I have yet to tell my parents. They are coming up for thanksgiving so might tell them then since I’ll have my first doc visit by then. And thinking of something for rest of friends and family during Christmas.