July 2018 Moms

Symptoms

1235»

Re: Symptoms

• You guys, the thirst is unreal! I had mentally prepared myself for sore boobs and nausea (as much as I can at least) but I had no idea that I would be this thirsty all the time. 
  • Fighting nausea and exhaustion for the past few days. I’m going into work right now and don’t know how I’m going to make it for 8 hours. I’d like a nap. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @karasmile I am in the same nausea and exhaustion boat and am dreading work tomorrow. I took a nap with DS and woke up even more tired. Now I'm counting down the hours until bedtime. Oh, and H keeps saying "why are you so tired, you took a nap!?" Dude is on thin ice. 
  • Speaking of DH's does anyone else's not understand why you're so emotional? I love my husband very much& he's a sweet man, but he doesn't seem to understand.. It's our first baby so I don't know if he thinks there shouldn't be any symptoms since I'm not showing!
  • @mrsj1215 it might be a clueless first time dad thing. I remember with DS I basically had to spell everything out for him and somewhat passive aggressively send him pregnancy symptom sheets so he'd stop asking me why I was on my third nap of the day. Dude, I'm growing a human! 
    This time around he's much more understanding and asks me how I'm feeling every day. 
  • @mrsj1215 my DH is doing the same thing! HE’s like you can’t be tired or craving anything yet. I’m like- I’ve got news for you lol give me all the chicken noodle soup you can find :smile:
  • Thank you @acunamatada!  I may have to try sending him some pregnancy symptoms sheets too! Lol.. If definetly makes me feel better to hear that other first time dad's don't always get it& it's not just my DH! 
  • Lol @catftm2018 exactly!! Trust me we can be tired and moody and craving stuff already!! This is work! Great work that I wouldn't trade for the world, but definetly work! Fun fact- I've had 3 glasses of chocolate milk today so I guess that's what I'm craving!
  • @mrsj1215 my DH is doing the same thing! HE’s like you can’t be tired or craving anything yet. I’m like- I’ve got news for you lol give me all the chicken noodle soup you can find :smile:

djh513 said:
    Anyone else has CRAZY dreams first tri? I had this with my first and it’s starting up again. If it weren’t for these dreams I’d think I wasn’t pregnant. LOL. I’m talking vivid, crazy situations that I can’t wake up from. 
    I had worse cravings in week 6-10 with my son they I did for the entire rest of my pregnancy! Early pregnancy cravings are SO real!  :D
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Luckily hubs knows not to mention anything about my moodiness. He’s been really supportive; every afternoon he asks if it’s time for our nap yet
  • Weird cramps that i dont remember having with my first.  Bloatiness.  My hormones seem to be in check though, but my anxiety seems through the roof.  Like talking to people at church today, my whole body started shaking!  And its not like i didnt know the women i was talking to. I wasnt nervous at all, but all throughout the day I've had shakey hands, jaw, and tight chest.  Not normal for me on such a relaxing, good day!  Im kind of worried about it :/
  • @karasmile how was work? and the Nausea? hope you got a nap in!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @MyBell524 i have also had the random shakiness. I wonder if it is just a random symptom. hugs on the anxiety I am having it to but tryinf hard to manage it with relaxation techniques. let me know if you want to know some of the things I try. Try not to get to concerned though as that can make it worse, remember to have grace and love for yourself. our bodies are going through crazh changes right now so we may have off days :) 

• @lindsayleigh1989 still at work ugh. Another 3 hours. I kinda napped for 15 minutes on my dinner break lol but I had a good nap after breakfast today
  • @karasmile oh no!! im sorry I hope it goes by super fast!  glad you had a good nap earlier though!! 

• Haha. Love it! Today, I spent 3.5 hours placing an online grocery order bc the website kept malfunctioning - deleted my cart 2x! So.. I wrote them a long nasty gram. Told them I was pregnant and hormonal and their website made me yell at my husband repeatedly and cry!
    so... I'm right there with you! (It was so bad they wrote me back!)
  • @lindsayleigh1989. Thank you!  Im sorry that you're also dealing with it,  but also happy that Im not alone.  After you posted, i punched it into Google search and seems like its pretty common. Could have something to do with blood sugar/pressure too, and I did skip breakfast this morning.  I would love to learn more about the calming techniques that have worked for you. :]   I'm having anxiety ABOUT my Anxiety and how it will affect my pregnancy. Lol.  Open to anything that will help
  • mrsj1215mrsj1215 member
    edited November 2017
    That sounds perfect @christycalifornia! I don't want him to feel like I think he's a bad husband/father to be so this sounds like a great book just to kind of get him to understand! Thank you! About to go buy this on Amazon!
  • Exhaustion hit me HARD the past couple days. I mean I thought I was already experiencing it, but this is a whole new level. I don't know how I made it to work this morning because I was struggling to keep my eyes open for the whole hour long drive. Now I'm sitting here at work contemplating how I'm going to make it through the next 9 hours.

Has anyone experienced anxiety during pregnancy that you didn't have before getting pregnant? I have been feeling so anxious all the time the past week or so, which is totally not normal for me. The only other time I felt this way was for a few weeks every night after my son was born, which went away on its own. I don't even know what I'm anxious about but it's not a fun feeling. 
  • A few days ago I was eating chicken wings with ranch and my husband was eating pizza (that came with a side of marinara).  The marinara and ranch we're setting close together on the table and I accidentally dipped my wing into the marinara..  the little incident caused me to cry uncontrollably for several minutes. DH thought it was hilarious and just laughed at me. Emotional mess over here!
  • So I have been overthinking my symptoms for days because most have gone away, except for my exhaustion and hunger. Which are totally opposite from my first pregnancy. I had great energy and no appetite during my first tri with DS. I started off with sore boobs and slight nausea But that went away..someone talk me of the crazy bus ledge here and tell me it's ok!! I will add I went to bed at 9pm last night and slept straight through until 6:30....and I'm still tired
  • @bubby15 I'm having a different experience with my second too.  I'm way more exhausted and emotional this time, but so far, not nearly as nauseous.  I will randomly find some food unappealing, I've gagged a couple of times, but nothing even close to the nausea with my first.  My boobs aren't as sore either so far.  I keep telling myself that every pregnancy is different.  Also, that I'm probably jinxing myself since it's still early  :)  
  • Pregnancy is making me the worst mom in the world. Worst mom, right here. Mom guilt is eating me alive. My kid had a pajama morning bc I'm too tired to care, and I was getting work done on the couch. With no coffee 'cuse pregnant (yes, I know I can have it. I'm trying to only have it when I really need it. Today apparently I did). So I'm like "Sweetie I'm going to close my eyes for a minute, kay?" She normally lets me get a light snooze every now and then, she's a good, independent Bean. I slept over TWO HOURS. I slept through her lunch! She normally eats 11:30-12:00 and I didn't get lunch on the table until almost 2:00. She had a late breakfast but still, I feel like trash. I woke up to the sound of the cereal box because she was trying to take care of herself. She told me "it's ok, Mama, I take care of you." It's my job to take care of YOU, kid. I feel awful. I've been a ball of self-loathing all day.
  • @christycalifornia I just tagged you in another thread because we haven't seen you around today! 

Not going to lie, your post made me tear up! I am having terrible mom guilt as well and just the thought of your little sweetie wanting to take care of you is making me lose it. 
  • @amylu914 Don't you start! I've already burst out crying to my husband today! I don't need to do it to my laptop! lol Argh! It's SO bad. Like, seriously, mom guilt is the worst. I won't be just "closing my eyes" again anytime soon without backup, that's for sure. Not until these hormones normalize. She's such a sweet girl, and super self-sufficient, but this is not the kind of mom I want to be. I've already been more lazy than I want for her lately, this is a kick in the butt for me. A wake-up call, if you will. ;)
  • Awe your bean sounds so sweet. My son can be the same way. Heck he is switching the laundry cause I’m too lazy and he loves being helpful. He’s definitely an affirmations type of love who likes doing things for people to get praise. Laundry is something that I know he can actually help with, with minimal supervision. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mom guilt here too. About three months ago, I took another job (better pay, the next "step", etc.) and I seriously work 50-65 hours a week now. Tonight he fell asleep in my lap while I worked. Every now and then he'd lift up and say, "I miss you mommy." And I just want to bawl. We went from going to the park every day after I picked him up from daycare to me not getting him before dark. 
  • Well I thought I was going to get off easy this time as I’ve had no symptoms so far, but today, at 6+2, I officially feel like shit. Headache from hell all day and almost barfed at the smell of bar-b-q sauce from dinner that was lingering in the house. I had to get out and run to the store while DH aired out the house for me  :s   ... and so it begins 
  • Hey Mamas! I was so happy i didn’t wake up to pee last night but when i woke up my full bladder had me in so much pain. After using the bathroom i was fine. Does anyone else have this? I’m 6 weeks and some change i don’t remember having to wake to pee with my son this early but this pregnancy has been the complete opposite of what i had with him which has been nice cuz that was a rough nine months. 
  • I changed my username not sure why this old one is coming up 
  • Hi @knottie2e1fae3b58e6ee65 (whoa that was hard), there's a symptoms thread for this week that is more active right now. Jump in up there!