February 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms Week of 10.30

It's Halloween week! My bag of candy miraculously survived to be handed out!
Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Randoms Week of 10.30

• Options
    I had a dream my dead dog came back as kinda a zombie and was hiding under the bed where my newborn was sleeping. Thanks Halloween shows getting in my head lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB wants to schedule my C-section already...just to have it on the books. So I can pick the 13th through the 20th. I don’t want any of those days. DH has classes the 16/17/18. We really planned this pregnancy pretty poorly.
  • Options
    I might have to take DS and DD trick or treating alone tomorrow because DH’s jerk boss wouldn’t change his shift (requested months ago). I’m so upset. Way more than I probably should be. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My OB wants to schedule my C-section already...just to have it on the books. So I can pick the 13th through the 20th. I don’t want any of those days. DH has classes the 16/17/18. We really planned this pregnancy pretty poorly.
    I couldn’t imagine planning baby’ Birthday so early! Maybe the 19th or 20th? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    babymakes9babymakes9 member
    edited October 2017
     So this is all about the 19th : www.holidays-and-observances.com/february-19.html

And the 20th: www.holidays-and-observances.com/february-20.html

Which do you like better?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 @mamaof5already

DD’s Birthday is the 18th of Feb as well....I also went early (37+4) with her because of BP issues. So who knows, this whole issue may turn into a non-issue. 
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 @mamaof5already

DD’s Birthday is the 18th of Feb as well....I also went early (37+4) with her because of BP issues. So who knows, this whole issue may turn into a non-issue. 
    FX it’s a non issue... but not for health reasons  ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be scheduling my c-section at my appointment next week. It does feel so early! But I guess it helps them plan. I didn't have a preference but my doc said she'd prefer I do it on a Monday so I'm not there over a weekend (my due date being a Friday).
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    This is quite random - does anyone have any ideas for productive, pre-baby things I can do while at work when I'm bored? I have this long to do list at home, but I need to be at home for 99% of it. I'd love to accomplish some stuff during any downtime at work, but I can't think of what can be done from the office. I have full computer and phone access, and my own office, so privacy is not an issue. Any ideas? 
  • Options
    Got the CHP report on my accident. It has officially been declared the other drivers fault, she is being cited for driving on a suspended license from a DUI and for driving at a speed deemed unsafe for road conditions. She also had her two young kids in the car while she was flying down the road. Bad news is she has shit insurance that you can only get of you've had prior DUIs. Oh well, that's why I pay my insurance to deal with all that!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @ldawngirl781 Registry?
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    I may have lost my mind on the poor lady that answered my call for the fifth time at my insurance company after getting the run around from them and the hospital about a bill from ultrasound that I shouldn’t have received. Thankfully she was still nice and fixed my issue which was really the hospitals mess up but I was just done fighting everyone. If I have 100% coverage then I shouldn’t get a freaking bill for $306.05!  

Done venting. Hi ladies. 

@ldawngirl781 um. Work?

• Options
    @clc515 I’m right there with you in the weird dreams. A few weeks back some kittens were discovered at our farm office so we’ve been taking care of them. I had a dream last night that I came to feed them and everything was gone. Like...everything. Office, garage, all of it. Lol! We are getting ready to demolish the old office and build a new one and that’s the only reasoning I can think off. I told my husband and he just laughed. Pregnancy dreams are in full force. 

• Options
    @rainafire77 Glad they cited it as her fault, but sorry you have to deal with the rest of that. How sad that she had kids in the car with her.

@ldawngirl781 During my first pg I used to read all my pregnancy/childbirth/infant care books during my down time at work. I also browsed Walmart Rollback repeatedly and ended up getting our car seat, stroller, crib, changing table, and other large items for super cheap. And I created her birth announcement on Mixbook ahead of time so all I had to do was put the pictures in after she was born and order them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think I worked maybe an hour today. We have a Halloween contest every year and my team is pretty competitive so we've been decorating all day. I'm so exhausted now. I convinced DH to pick up the kids so I can relax at work a little longer. I'll try and remember to post pictures tomorrow once it's all put together. Cross your fingers that we win! 
  • Options
    I realized today that I am a goober.  My brother mentioned to my mom that my SIL never got an invite to our shower that is in 2 weeks.  I went and checked my list and guess what? I put their old address that they haven't lived at for over a year on what I gave to the hostesses.  Pregnant brain fail.  They are mailing her one today.

• Options
    I apparently didn't save any of the accessories that go with my pack n play... and it says no replacement parts available on Graco's site :/ 

Calling their customer service number tomorrow and crossing my fingers that I get a merciful, kind, knowledgeable rep that can work miracles.  I really don't want to buy a new one for our last kiddo.
  • Options
    @karcerplus3 good luck and pictures please!!

• Options
    It's 1130 and I just put together the treat bags to send with my DD to dayhome tomorrow. +1 for pulling something off so last minute but boo to my dayhome lady for only suggesting it yesterday. 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    This is quite random - does anyone have any ideas for productive, pre-baby things I can do while at work when I'm bored? I have this long to do list at home, but I need to be at home for 99% of it. I'd love to accomplish some stuff during any downtime at work, but I can't think of what can be done from the office. I have full computer and phone access, and my own office, so privacy is not an issue. Any ideas? 
    • Breast pump- you can call your insurance/order this (if applicable)
    • Insurance- you could find out what all you'll need to do to add baby to insurance after birth and also how much you'll be expected to pay out of pocket after baby is born (I like knowing the #'s)
    • Maternity leave work policy- learn what all you'll need to do/paperwork to provide from the doctor etc. 
    • Freezer meal recipes- if you're into this, you could look up meals to make ahead
    • Padsicles- for after birth, look up the recipe and make a list to buy all the ingredients
    • baby registry- can create/manage this online
    • Read up on swaddling etc. I highly recommend Happiest Baby on the Block the 5 S's (swaddle, sway, shush... I think there are 5... ha) 

• Options
    • Breast pump- you can call your insurance/order this (if applicable)
    • Insurance- you could find out what all you'll need to do to add baby to insurance after birth and also how much you'll be expected to pay out of pocket after baby is born (I like knowing the #'s)
    • Maternity leave work policy- learn what all you'll need to do/paperwork to provide from the doctor etc. 
    • Freezer meal recipes- if you're into this, you could look up meals to make ahead
    • Padsicles- for after birth, look up the recipe and make a list to buy all the ingredients
    • baby registry- can create/manage this online
    • Read up on swaddling etc. I highly recommend Happiest Baby on the Block the 5 S's (swaddle, sway, shush... I think there are 5... ha) 

+1 about the maternity leave policy. I was planning on starting my disability leave a couple of weeks before my scheduled c-section and now I found out I can't. If I am out longer than 12 weeks, my health insurance drops to Cobra and I can't move it back until open enrollment. Since I have my whole family on my insurance, that would be over $1500 a month. I have some vacation but not enough. So I can't leave until the day before my c-section. I'm in California so I get 8 weeks disability and 6 weeks baby bonding. This is 13 weeks. If I use vacation, then that will take me to exactly 12 weeks of "inactivity". I almost cried. I am praying there are no complications and that I don't have to go on bed rest because then I'm screwed. It changed everything I was planning.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Was lurking in June and someone put up the link to this gem.  Crying laughing.  TW: a user throws out the R word towards the end.  The ladies def call her out for her use of an offensive term but if you don't want to read that stop after a page and a half.  It's pretty funny before she ruined it with her insensitivity.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12407462/i-crapped-my-pants/p1
  • Options
    Was lurking in June and someone put up the link to this gem.  Crying laughing.  TW: a user throws out the R word towards the end.  The ladies def call her out for her use of an offensive term but if you don't want to read that stop after a page and a half.  It's pretty funny before she ruined it with her insensitivity.

Best. Read. Ever. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the "kill time at work" ideas! I need to get some stuff added to our registry, so I can definitely chip away at that when I have downtime. 
  • Options

I so needed this today. Thank you!!
  • Options

Man the old bump looks cool. I wish I could use some of those words with some of these ladies. 
  • Options

Random Halloween post! Happy Halloween everyone! 
    *in box*
    Love the shirt 
  • Options
    I survived trick or treating!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    I survived trick or treating!
    Sounds like you need to reward yourself now! :) 
  • Options
    magnolia305magnolia305 member
    edited November 2017
    I think DH got into the Halloween candy before I got up this morning.  He was annoying AF and I couldn't wait to get out of the house.  It's either that or I am extra crabby today...

Edit to update---It's me.  I am extra crabby. Preschool the day after Halloween is a special experience  :s
  • Options
    Yesterday my coworker says to me "Just think, next Halloween you'll have a child to dress up!" I said "As opposed to my two current children, who I do, in fact, put in costumes?" Meaning, my dogs. My dogs are still my furry children, show some respect! :)
    What did you dress your dogs as? My sister has a new puppy and took the puppy to a Halloween parade dressed as Wonder Woman  B)
  • Options
    amb929 said:
    Yesterday my coworker says to me "Just think, next Halloween you'll have a child to dress up!" I said "As opposed to my two current children, who I do, in fact, put in costumes?" Meaning, my dogs. My dogs are still my furry children, show some respect! :)
    What did you dress your dogs as? My sister has a new puppy and took the puppy to a Halloween parade dressed as Wonder Woman  B)
    Pictures please!  I love dogs in costumes!!
  • Options
    amb929 said:
    One dog looks like the Beast from Beauty and the Beast so I made him a little jacket/cravat top with some devil horns I covered in brown felt and he's the spitting image! The other was the emperor from Star Wars, inspired by how he looks deliciously evil when he's covered by a blanket. I put him in a black pillow case with arm holes. It lasted about 30 seconds before he started biting at it.

I love dogs in costumes.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18