February 2018 Moms

Random week of 10/16

Re: Random week of 10/16

• Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear it @neener*neener*

My random: went in for my 24 week checkup and measured 28 weeks. I think I did this with two of my other kids and ended up just having extra fluid. All else is good though! Anyone else measuring huge? 
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited October 2017
    @Ashoes123 I don’t know about traditional Chinese massage, but I’ve had a lot of sports massages for a running-related hip injury and butt massages were a regular part of the treatment.

@eggplantface HA!!

ETA everything, because I hit ‘enter’ too soon
  • mpp06 said:
    Glad to hear it @neener*neener*

My random: went in for my 24 week checkup and measured 28 weeks. I think I did this with two of my other kids and ended up just having extra fluid. All else is good though! Anyone else measuring huge? 
    With DD I measured ahead like that. 6 weeks at one point! She was big and I had a lot of fluid. I don't remember them measuring me until
    closer to 30 weeks though. 
  • Ashoes123 said:
    The weirdest part is, she also tucked my underwear into a wedgie and proceded to massage my butt for 10 minutes.  Is that normal in traditional Chinese massages??
    My massage therapist (not Chinese) massages my glutes, but I go without underwear.
  • @neener*neener* We had our first prenatal class last night and the teacher (who is also an RN) was saying she had BH starting mid-2nd trimester and it continued on until birth with both her kids but everything was fine. Just what her body wanted to do for whatever reason. She said though if we get BH, to make sure there was no pattern in frequency and duration (indicating full on contractions) and that the intensity did not increase. Hugs!

• Random: I just had to clean out my tub drain (hair clog) because we don't have draino and it was draining slowly. It's one of my least favorite things anyway and we only moved to this apartment like 2 months ago... Pretty sure it's not all my hair. So barf.

@Ashoes123 butt massages can be normal... especially if you mentioned hip pain or sciatica.  

• It had to be done.
    This made me snort at my desk.  Thank you @eggplantface
  • @neener*neener* I personally do not tuck or move the underwear durning any Massage unless I ask. It may be more acceptable in the Chinese culture though. You also mentioned it was feather light. First massages for pregnancy may be done a little lighter than normal. It all depends on your therapist. The more often I see you, the more pressure you are likely to receive. You also need to be vocal with your likes and dislikes. She then could have educated you on why she does such light work. Keep that in mind for your next one!
  • soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited October 2017
    mpp06 said:
    Glad to hear it @neener*neener*

My fundal measurement was consistently 5-6 weeks ahead with dd1 starting at 26 weeks. I did have idiopathic mild-moderate polyhydramnios and she was LGA.

And I measured 11-14 weeks ahead with ds1. I had severe polyhydamnios with him. I looked like I was carrying full term twins. (fundal measurement was 49 weeks when I was induced)

But with my other three, 3-4 weeks was about average starting at 20ish weeks. Dd2 and ds2 were solid, not ginormous or anything, and dd3 was my smallest term baby.

This time, I'm measuring three weeks ahead, which is within normal range.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Thanks @SarahFoley725 and @soulcupcake! It’s weird, she told me and wasn’t concerned, and I’m not super concerned seeing as this has happened with the last two, but it still makes me feel better knowing it happens to others also. I remember with my 4th baby when she broke my water she joked she’d need a wet floor sign outside my room bc she was sure it would spill off the bed there was so much, lol. The last one there was extra fluid but when I delivered it was normal. I also read today that you can measure Big if you’ve been pregnant previously have have loose abdominal muscles. I think I qualify for that with baby number 6 :neutral:
  • @chucksmom15 that cake looks delicious 
  • It's a dog friendly cake but it's not horrible. Peanut butter and carrots mostly @SunflowerMama428
  • Our AC isn't working and it is now 82 in here (luckily it's an apartment, so we have a maintenance request in already.)  It is hot, little man is kicking &keeping me awake, and DH is snoring like a chainsaw. Ugh...
  • @neener*neener* We had our first prenatal class last night and the teacher (who is also an RN) was saying she had BH starting mid-2nd trimester and it continued on until birth with both her kids but everything was fine. Just what her body wanted to do for whatever reason. She said though if we get BH, to make sure there was no pattern in frequency and duration (indicating full on contractions) and that the intensity did not increase. Hugs!

Thank you for sharing :) 

I dilated to a 4 with my first at 32 weeks with what I assumed to be BH but they were measurable/followed a pattern etc. They were just like that Monday afternoon. I think I just over did it during the weekend and Monday. Drinking LOTS of water has helped and making sure that I am not pushing it too much physically. (naps every day after work have been great also ;) 

Thanks for the laugh with the butt massage/GIF combo. 

I haven't been on here much since Monday. I'll take some time this evening to do some catching up with you ladies. 
  • @chucksmom15 I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes all out for a pup's gotcha day or birthday. Our one dog only eats meat or cheese treats (or straight peanut butter, not mixed with anything) so they get steaks or hamburgers for their treat. One time they got a hunk of turkey ham, because they love turkey ham.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @chucksmom15 I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes all out for a pup's gotcha day or birthday. Our one dog only eats meat or cheese treats (or straight peanut butter, not mixed with anything) so they get steaks or hamburgers for their treat. One time they got a hunk of turkey ham, because they love turkey ham.
    We do it for all 3!!  They got special dinner too!
  • @eggplantface that. is. hilarious. 

• @eggplantface - finally! an U/S that doesn't look like a velociraptor!

@clc515 - that's great! I would love a FREE massage! I still have to schedule my classes!
  • @clc515 after laboring and a c section I did not want anyone touching me. And I couldn’t wait to freakin get Home and be away from people. But I also hate people in my personal space 
  • So tonight we were in a church and heard several classical songs on the organ, trumpet and/or sung by a soprano. It was beautiful and baby just loved it. It was moving around like crazy!
  • 3plus1equals43plus1equals4 member
    edited October 2017
    clc515 said:
    there's someone who goes around giving moms free massages!
    This delivery will be my 4th and they'll all have been at different hospitals. I have never heard of this!

• My homebirth midwives' assistants offered massages during labor. It would be a glorious thing if the hospital I'll be delivering at offered this. Can't pass up a good massage.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• I found out at our prenatal class that the hospital I'll be delivering at just changed their procedures, and will most likely send us to a semi-private room after recovery, and DH is not allowed to spend the night as there will obviously be another lady in there. Um, ex-squeeze-me? I just pushed out our brand new baby and he can't stay with us? Plus, he gets to go home and sleep in our bed and get a nice rest when I'm exhausted and sleeping in a hospital. Hell no. Not very baby or family-oriented. I'm going to be pushing for a private room with all I have. 

• Just had my GD screening and the lab tech that took my blood looked at me and was like ‘oh you are TOTALLY having a boy’ and I was like. Nope. Girl. 

And she kept insisting that with the way I’m carrying there is no way it’s a girl. Two ultrasounds confirming girl... 

as as I left she was like ‘don’t be surprised when your girl ends up being a boy!!!’

wtf. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just had my GD screening and the lab tech that took my blood looked at me and was like ‘oh you are TOTALLY having a boy’ and I was like. Nope. Girl. 

And she kept insisting that with the way I’m carrying there is no way it’s a girl. Two ultrasounds confirming girl... 

as as I left she was like ‘don’t be surprised when your girl ends up being a boy!!!’

wtf. 
    Ok, that is weird. Was she older? 
  • I found out at our prenatal class that the hospital I'll be delivering at just changed their procedures, and will most likely send us to a semi-private room after recovery, and DH is not allowed to spend the night as there will obviously be another lady in there. Um, ex-squeeze-me? I just pushed out our brand new baby and he can't stay with us? Plus, he gets to go home and sleep in our bed and get a nice rest when I'm exhausted and sleeping in a hospital. Hell no. Not very baby or family-oriented. I'm going to be pushing for a private room with all I have. 

I wouldn't like that at all... you would get so much less sleep... and I can't imagine having two newborns waking/crying at different times... sharing a shower/space. Their visitors would be in your room too and not having your DH would be awful.

wtf. 
    Ok, that is weird. Was she older? 
    Nope. I’d peg her at 35. 40max. It was so weird. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

wtf. 
    I walked into the emergency room to check in for labor and delivery because it was after hours and as I’m panting through a contraction the front desk lady said I had to be having a girl because I was carrying wide. I said it was a boy and she was like no it can’t be.

Bitch I’m having contractions for the first time, my water broke so it’s leaking everywhere, and you want to comment on my weight being an indicator to my child’s sex. I hate people. 
  • @ldawngirl781 f that. I’d be switching hospitals. 

I would legit change providers and hospitals for this. Def no!!! As PP said, sharing spaces will totally interfere with your rest. If at all possible, I’d look into it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

This is one of the reasons I switched to a smaller hospital near the end of my pregnancy for DD. The large hospital couldn't promise that we'd get a private room and DH wasn't allowed to stay if we were in a semi private. The hospital we switched to only has private rooms and you labour, deliver, and recover in the same room so you never change room. I had a c-section but still went back to the same room I was orginally put in. When I was struggling to use the washroom after the csection I was very very happy to have my
    own room.
    DD - 4.15.16

wtf. 
    I have a friend convinced that Baby girl is a boy. 

Its so weird when strangers fight you on your own baby’s genitals.