April 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 10/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/13

• Options
    I know!  I usually get mine and one for DS right away.  I am mad that they found out the Flu Mist doesn't work :angry:  Much easier to do that than get DS to get a shot!
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 June certainly is entertaining XD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond I know a lot of people who would get Flu Mist, but an 8 year old girl in my town died from the flu and she had the Flu Mist vaccine. This was two years ago and they only announced last year that the Flu Mist was ineffective. Of course the parents are left wondering what could have happened if they had given the shot. I get how shots are annoying (DS just got his a couple weeks ago), but they're so worth the protection! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @irenejean Oh I totally agree and am definitely getting him the shot!  I just preferred the easier method of delivery :smile:   I just made him an appt for Sat to get his flu shot.  I am getting mine today for sure.

Ugh the MFM office just called and my cost will be $475.96.  Why even bother paying for insurance??
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond I just got a bill from my provider for $428.94 for the ultrasound they did because they didn't believe I had my dates right?? 
  • Options
    YAY @lindsye that's great news! 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    bchalmbchalm member
    edited October 2017
    @sparklingdiamond we got a bill for $731, it would have been around 200 but since I'm giving birth next year I had to pay next year's deductible. Sometimes insurance is ridiculous. 
  • Options
    @lindsye hooray!! That's such a big relief! And thank god for a fast turnaround time!! 

• Options
    @peppersmith22 and @bchalm Gotta love insurance.  The bills just keep coming!  At least I am getting some airline miles??
  • Options
    No kidding, @kmalls! I half wonder if my doctor expedited because three business days seems crazy fast. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sissy42Sissy42 member
    edited October 2017
    Edit, because I feel that maybe I should have put up a TW:

Maybe this should wait for Thursday's UO post, but y'all, this "me too" campaign is giving me horrible flashbacks, and I hate it. 
  • Options
    @Sissy42 - I know what you mean. I think the conversation is incredibly important to have, but I hate that bringing all these memories back up to the surface is what it takes for people to listen. 
  • Options
    @kmalls I'm also not sure just randomly asking people to contribute their story or even admit they have a story (or stories!) in a super public forum is the way to do this. I had no idea this campaign was going to even happen until my newsfeed was full of it. And I don't know that this is a good way for women to get the acknowledgement and care they may need.
  • Options
    Yay!!!! @lindsye

@sparklingdiamond @bchalm ughhh pregnancies spanning two years definitely don't pay! We'll probably just make our deductible by January and have to start all over again before the delivery in April wahhh. I'm afraid of what my anatomy scan will cost! It sucks too because DS and DH's birthdays are in November and the holidays in December... not a good time for extra bills!
  • Options
    @peppersmith22 I hear ya! My sister is getting married the weekend before thanksgiving. While I'm super stoked, 3 roundtrip flights in less than 3 months with a toddler,  not fun! We haven't bought our Christmas tickets yet and I'm dreading it. 
  • Options
    Ok, I need some advice.  My neighboring co-worker smokes, and every time she goes out and comes back, I can smell it from where I sit.  It's making me nervous about second-hand exposure.  The hard part about this is that I work REALLY well with her, and we are very good friends.  I am pretty stuck on what to do about it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Sissy42 @ngolimento @kmalls I'm someone who posted "me too" on facebook yesterday. I actually think a lot of people don't realize how many people they know have been victims. I can honestly say that I didn't know how many of my friends had been victimized before yesterday. It made an impact on me as I've spent a lot of my life thinking that I didn't know anyone who had experiences similar to mine. I don't talk about my story anymore, I've dealt with it, but it seems pretty harmless to me to out myself as a survivor, in fact I found it empowering to join other voices also speaking out. I get your points though, and I'm sorry that it caused you pain @sissy42. I really think the dialogue around women's experiences of this sort is changing, and I'm really happy to see it. Had this happened when I was young, I might have been better able to deal with my own experience. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @irenejean oh, I don't fault you or anyone else for participating in the campaign. Like I said, I think the conversation is an important one to have, particularly with men. I was just agreeing with @Sissy42 that I hate that it brings flashbacks of situations that, for me, were unpleasant at best and traumatizing at worst. 
  • Options
    @kmalls I'm sorry that it brought you those flashbacks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cue the sex predictions from everyone based on old wives' tales. Before all of the hoopla started, I had a gut feeling it's a boy. Some days I think the predictions are fun and silly, but when it's strangers I'm just annoyed. My sisters and I did the "gold ring" test for giggles, and it said girl. Mom says boy. A family member thinks it's a boy based on my what my face looked like, when I saw him at 10 weeks. Huh? And the dental hygienist thinks it's a girl based on how my stomach looked lying down.
  • Options
    @shireeallason so glad it went well!! I'm sure it's a little bit of a relief. 
  • Options
    Also, FWIW, Old Navy is having a pretty great deal today on clothes. 10% off everything and then 30% off, as well, on most items. I scored some great finds. What happened to our sales/steals/deals thread?

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    I wonder what she'll (Princess Kate) name the baby though. Because that name is going to BLOW UP whatever it is! 
  • Options
    ngolimento I don't think I saw a reply, but this is purely opinion but I don't think you can get second hand exposure just from the smell not being around the actual smoke. BUT being pregnant my smells are CRAZY right now so I would be suffering everyday for sure. I would try to say something kindly about it and see if she can stay outside a little longer to air out :) my mom came in my car the other day and I had to roll down her window to air her out more #sorrynotsorry lol
  • Options
    @lindsye - OMG!!! That is such great news! So happy the results were quick, limbo is hell. I’m just smiling away for your great news (I am super sappy!)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aww thank you, @g_amoss! It certainly feels like a big relief. 
  • Options
    mdwinymdwiny member
    edited October 2017
    @lindsye HOORAY!!!!! :D So glad for you to have that weight off.

ETA: I wanted that to be a big smile, not a laughing face. Thanks for the rude-ass emoticons, Bump.
    History (TW/loss/child):

7/2017 -- miscarriage at 6w
    5/2018 -- DS born 3 days after due date, 8lb 4oz
    9/2020 -- missed miscarriage at 9w / DNC
    3/2021 -- miscarriage at 8w
    7/2021 -- missed miscarriage at 8w / DNC
    9/2021 -- IVF cycle #1 (FET 1/25/22)

• Options
    Thank you, @mdwiny! Yeah the limited Bump emoticons really cramp my style, too. 
  • Options
    @lindsye congrats on the good results!! I know it has been weighing on your mind this week.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsye so happy for your good news! What a relief!
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @lindsye I am so happy for you!! 
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond with dd I had a 1000 bill, 800 for the ultrasound and 200 for the doctor to tell me the results.  Did you check and make sure everything was included with that bill? They like to sneak things in in you. 
  • Options
    rklinge0 said:
    @sparklingdiamond with dd I had a 1000 bill, 800 for the ultrasound and 200 for the doctor to tell me the results.  Did you check and make sure everything was included with that bill? They like to sneak things in in you. 
    Woah this makes me feel so fortunate for my insurance. My husband and I have already paid up front for all of my prenatal appointments plus physican fees for the actial birth and the total was like $700.