March 2018 Moms

Cravings/ Whatcha eating

Re: Cravings/ Whatcha eating

• I have had two milkshakes in as many days!

• Loading the player...
  • I had a "mini" Thanksgiving this weekend with a rotisserie chicken as the protein (and as a bonus I didn't have to cook it!), mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, and cranberry sauce.  Not the same as the big one next month but not too bad considering...
  • I haven't had Taco Bell in close to ten years but I have been CRAVING it so bad for over a week. I finally gave in and got a chicken chalupa surpreme (because apparently they don't have the Baja anymore) and let me tell you.... it was everything I've dreamed of and more.
  • Ice water. Super strange since I only drink room temperature water pre-pregnancy. Now all my drinks need tons of ice! 
    I'm team green...definitely didn't have this craving with DS and I was super pregnant in the summer last time
  • @HappyMonkey817 - yes all the milk! Whole, Organic milk is the best! Maybe that's why my baby is so big, lol.
  • @ksmwalters - Happy belated birthday by the way! Hope it was a great one!
  • YASS! Ice water. With lemon. OMG.

I've never been so thirsty in all my life...excessive thirst was actually one of my very first pregnancy symptoms. 
  • I can't get enough ice cold grass fed whole milk! Ethically I am inclined towards veganism, and I have stretches of success and then fall apart over dairy over and over. Since I got pregnant it is so hopeless, all I want is milk and butter and cheese and potatoes. :/  And cake, with a glass of milk, or a milkshake!
  • Ice water and cheesecake (NY style not Italian). I finally gave in to the cheesecake craving and it was absolutely wonderful.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The other night I really needed good TexMex and queso.  It was awesome.  
  • My taste buds are broken.  Nothing tastes like much of anything.  Meh meh meh.

But plain club soda on ice is the real deal.  So good.  Gimme gimme.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Basically everything that been named in the last 20 posts have sounded good :D so damn greedy right now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bb3vj3nbb3vj3n member
    edited October 2017
     wow this thread really blew up today.... and i read it 5 minutes before heading to the grocery store.  oops

eta - my mom made some extra lasagna and froze it. Lucky me! heating it up for dinner tonight. 
  • @pregobeth, oh my goodness. I NEED some balsamic vinegar in olive oil now. It's 10pm and guess what I'm going to make before bed?
  • I haven't had bruschetta in YEARS and I've never made it myself, but y'all know what? I'm craving it now thanks to this thread and there's a pin for it on my Pinterest that I can't wait to make
  • Aversion to chicken (same as when I was pregnant with my DS).  Also the same, is the need for apple juice and watermelon (not our season for it so its a little awful and I have had to settle for cantaloupe)! Really anything ice cold! Lunch time comes around at work and I have a hard time wanting anything so I love this thread right now (at work thinking of what to eat for lunch). :)  I sometimes have a hard time even thinking of something I want at night...I will be SOOO hungry but can't put my finger on what I want..mainly its what I don't want that comes to mind :( 
  • I reaaally want some Korean dumpling soup. There was this awesome little Korean shop were my husband used to live that had amazing Duk Mando Guk soup, and it's all I can think about lately when we're thinking about making dinner. I might make the 3 hr drive to see my folks as an excuse just to go to that restaurant... 
  • I just made the most amazing roast beef sandwich (not really, just warmed up deli roast beef and cheese on a roll). 
    The cravings have kinda calmed down a bit for now, I am just always hungry but for nothing in particular.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @muggle621 I am loving caesar salad lately, too!

DH just picked up some old school ramen noodles for me--so GOOD. I swear it's been a decade or so since I've had it. Still so salty and tasty :smiley:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH just went to get me lemonade and ice cream.   <3
  • Allllll the Cajun food fight now. Alllll of it!! The more gumbo the better  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ashleyf911 Do you make your own bone broth?  That sounds delightful right now!
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @SP128 I don't! I wish I had the time because I'm sure it would be so much cheaper. I buy Osso Good broth, I like their beef broth, chicken broth, and they have a Nourish the Mama broth that I'm going to stock up on for recovery after giving birth. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @ashleyf911 Ok thanks.  I made it once in the instant pot and it was good.  I used it as a soup base but I've been playing with the idea of making my own for drinking.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @syssa-o I've also been having meals that look like they are for a small child. Vegetarian chicken nuggets with Annie's organic Mac and cheese makes me so happy. 
  • What on earth is bone broth? **runs off to Google it**

• @LiveNLove44 I don't know either, but I'm intrigued! Especially if it's helpful after birth. I'm down for that.
    Pregnancy Ticker