February 2018 Moms

UO | 10.5

13»

Re: UO | 10.5

• Karissa764: Where abouts in upstate N.Y.  are you guys? I live about 40 minutes from Rochester 
    Hi fellow WNYer!  :) I also live outside of Rochester
    We are almost neighbors! We are Canandaigua area! 
    I'm about an hour south - southeast of Syracuse. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Aeml1985 said:
    I have LOTS of unpopular opinions, but they're just that. Not necessarily fact based or evidence based so I'd rather just post about mundane things like hating pumpkin spice (which I do) than stir the pot and end up in an internet arguement about my opinion. 

I also hate the weekly ticker change thing, and actually most of the speciality check ins (aside from the after a loss because I can't even imagine how terrifying pregnancy after a loss would be) and this is coming from someone who struggled with infertility with both my pregnacies. 
    Ticker change isn’t my favorite thing either. I tend to do it maybe ever other week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Ashoes123 Oh man, don't get me started on the wedding showers atrocity lol. 100% agree with you there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    babymakes9babybro218
  • My OU might need a TW. 

I think that outlawing late term abortion is heartless and old white men need to gtfo of women’s uteruses. 

Did you catch this?

TW:

(not that I'm surprised)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/03/gop-rep-repeatedly-promoted-pro-life-stance-a-week-after-reportedly-telling-mistress-to-get-abortion/?utm_term=.7c25c0868cc3

I love it. And if a lawmaker is anti-gay you know they've got a same-sex lover somewhere. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

babybro218katefb17
  • @KLHauck12 Yes! Love that episode. Valid point, I feel.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    babybro218KLHauck12
  • @KLHauck12 one of the best episodes! As someone who didn’t get married until 39 and works in a predominately female field where we have a minimum of 4 showers a year, I was ready to register for my 40th Birthday (because I earned that KitchenAid mixer, right??). Then, when it came down to it, I didn’t have a wedding shower, didn’t register for my wedding, and won’t be having a baby shower or registering for any baby things. 
    TattoosandLaceKLHauck12
  • @KLHauck12 one of the best episodes! As someone who didn’t get married until 39 and works in a predominately female field where we have a minimum of 4 showers a year, I was ready to register for my 40th Birthday (because I earned that KitchenAid mixer, right??). Then, when it came down to it, I didn’t have a wedding shower, didn’t register for my wedding, and won’t be having a baby shower or registering for any baby things. 
     curious,  wht are you choosing to forgoe all the showers for yourself?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
     curious,  wht are you choosing to forgoe all the showers for yourself?
    Not having a baby shower is a cultural thing. I’m also just not a big fan of being the center of attention (even for our wedding, we eloped and then had a small party 6 months later). We will have another small family gathering once the baby is born. 
    babymakes9
  • @babybro218 damn, that stinks! You should still create a registry for your baby because people will still ask, or just go and look it up. And if not, there are still discounts and freebies you get for creating registries at some different stores.  

I always try to go big on birthday  gifts at some point for friends that sent me a wedding or baby shower gift.
    babybro218
  • libbodeelibbodee member
    edited October 2017
    I just wrote a huge response that got deleted. Ugh maybe I'll re write it when I have time
  • ash0625 said:
    I try EVERY WEEK to think of something real juicy for this thread and every week I fail. 

OH. I got out my Ugg boots this week so, thats probably pretty unpopular. People hate those. 
    Nah. I'm from upstate NY and uggs are basically a life essential for 6 months out of the year.
    I live in upstate ny, and i rarely see people wear uggs.  When i lived in southern California they were like a winter time uniform.
    Where abouts in upstate N.Y.  are you guys? I live about 40 minutes from Rochester 
    Karissa764: Where abouts in upstate N.Y.  are you guys? I live about 40 minutes from Rochester 
    Hi fellow WNYer!  :) I also live outside of Rochester
    We are almost neighbors! We are Canandaigua area! 

I live on the east side of Rochester  :)
    Karissa764gingermama29
  • Here's another UO - I think chiropractors are stupid and useless. They're not real doctors. They don't have the same ethical standards in place as a doctor. And they don't really help. They give you relief as the cracking brings pain relief from releasing the gas and it releases endorphins that make you feel good, but you have to continually go back. I'd much prefer a physiotherapist who actually works on the issue and helps you find ways to fix the problem with exercises, posture, mobility, etc. And personally, I don't want anyone manipulating/cracking such a sensitive area, like my spine or neck.
    sabriel1hms1219
  • My UO: Trucks are for farmers, construction workers and other applicable jobs. Don't buy/drive a truck if you live and work in a city, don't need to haul things at least once a week and don't go off-roading. It's a waste of gas and space, horrible for the environment, and generally truck drivers think they can get away with more on the road because they're bigger.
    And they take up too many parking spaces in the city, where parking is already at a premium!!!  Grrr...  
    ldawngirl781
  • My UO: Trucks are for farmers, construction workers and other applicable jobs. Don't buy/drive a truck if you live and work in a city, don't need to haul things at least once a week and don't go off-roading. It's a waste of gas and space, horrible for the environment, and generally truck drivers think they can get away with more on the road because they're bigger.
    OMG i totally agree. I will roll my eyes at you of your truck is nice a clean, empty bed, no farm license plate...etc
     I just don't get it! 
    Why waste all the gas and space when you have nothing to actually use the truck for?! 
    My FIL goes to his hunt camp every weekend, hauls up camping stuff, atv, dives it though unmaintained road - yes you deserve a truck.
     The guy next door to me is a pastor who doesn't even have a cottage - please go exchange that for a normal car/van! 
    ldawngirl781katefb17kstopka
  • Being in a farming community, what annoys me is is the HUGE jacked up trucks with tricked out exhausts, tinted windows, and you need a ladder to climb in.  Anytime I see those trucks, my first thought always is, "wow, you are really overcompensating for something..."
    ldawngirl781TattoosandLacebabymakes9katefb17
    My hubby and I are both teachers and have a truck. We live in a city but drive 35 minutes into the country for work. We normally drive our little car to school unless the roads are bad (freezing rain or snow). My hubby also hunts and needs a truck to drive through the fields, which would be impossible in the car. We also do our own Renos and need a truck for the dump. 
    I do agree that you don't need to drive it around just to drive it around but there are other reasons people own a truck!
  • kbrinks2 said:
    My UO: Trucks are for farmers, construction workers and other applicable jobs. Don't buy/drive a truck if you live and work in a city, don't need to haul things at least once a week and don't go off-roading. It's a waste of gas and space, horrible for the environment, and generally truck drivers think they can get away with more on the road because they're bigger.
    My hubby and I are both teachers and have a truck. We live in a city but drive 35 minutes into the country for work. We normally drive our little car to school unless the roads are bad (freezing rain or snow). My hubby also hunts and needs a truck to drive through the fields, which would be impossible in the car. We also do our own Renos and need a truck for the dump. 
    I do agree that you don't need to drive it around just to drive it around but there are other reasons people own a truck!
    I completely agree! Hence the "off-roading" comment... If someone is hunting, fishing, etc. on a semi-regular basis, it totally makes sense. 
  • kbrinks2 said:
    My UO: Trucks are for farmers, construction workers and other applicable jobs. Don't buy/drive a truck if you live and work in a city, don't need to haul things at least once a week and don't go off-roading. It's a waste of gas and space, horrible for the environment, and generally truck drivers think they can get away with more on the road because they're bigger.
    I completely agree! Hence the "off-roading" comment... If someone is hunting, fishing, etc. on a semi-regular basis, it totally makes sense. 
    Totally missed the off-roading part!!! Sorry!!
    ldawngirl781
  • Being in a farming community, what annoys me is is the HUGE jacked up trucks with tricked out exhausts, tinted windows, and you need a ladder to climb in.  Anytime I see those trucks, my first thought always is, "wow, you are really overcompensating for something..."
    Oh, Magnolia. I love you. 
    madie008magnolia305

• Here's another UO - I think chiropractors are stupid and useless. They're not real doctors. They don't have the same ethical standards in place as a doctor. And they don't really help. They give you relief as the cracking brings pain relief from releasing the gas and it releases endorphins that make you feel good, but you have to continually go back. I'd much prefer a physiotherapist who actually works on the issue and helps you find ways to fix the problem with exercises, posture, mobility, etc. And personally, I don't want anyone manipulating/cracking such a sensitive area, like my spine or neck.
    As someone who has seen her fair share of surgeons, chiropractors, and physical therapists (thanks, gymnastics injury), I disagree. No chiro I’ve been to claims to be an MD. 
    My OB’s office gave me the name of a prenatal chiropractor for my pelvic pain. 

I can definitely understand not personally wanting anyone "manipulating/cracking" your own body. I think it's a little much to say that all chiropractors are "stupid and useless." I've personally received a lot of help from chiropractic care. You definitely need one that you trust, but they can be literally life-changing for some people.
    Yep, I think you found an UO. Chiropractic care was awesome for after my car accidents and during pregnancy. 
    TattoosandLacethe_other_motherldawngirl781
    Yep, I think you found an UO. Chiropractic care was awesome for after my car accidents and during pregnancy. 
    Yup, I knew it would be an UO. I have friends and family who swear by them, but I could just never understand it myself. To each his/her own!
  • @ldawngirl781 totally agree re: the trucks. possibly the biggest pet peeve of mine where I live. I realized recently that the reason I've been getting so anxious while driving (we moved here recently) is because we're the smallest vehicle on the road-- everyone else drives a %#@&! truck. Also, DH got out of jury duty once because he announced that he thinks chiropractors are quacks (personally I have no opinion of chiros).
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    babymakes9ldawngirl781
    DH has been saying he wants a truck, and this is EXACTLY what I said to him lol. We live in the city and they are super inconvenient to put car seats in (unless you have one with a larger cab, which means the truck is even bigger and more obnoxious). He's from a really small, rural town in northern MN that is very much a hunting community, and everyone has a truck so I think maybe he just sees it as a normal vehicle to own... maybe up there, but not for city slickers in central FL haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    babybro218katefb17ldawngirl781
  • Haha!  Apparently, I've actually got the UO here because I love trucks.  Some people get carried away, but in general, I think they are great.  In fact, when I saw SO had a truck on our first date, it was a bonus in my eyes.  And I love driving them.  I guess it comes from being in the South all my life?  (Maybe this should go in FFFC, but I also have a thing for muscle cars and I can get behind one with flames painted on them.   ;))
    Ashoes123babymakes9
  • I spent part of the day sorting the baby clothes we have.  My UO is white is a stupid idea for newborn clothes.  
    jessilee15jennifer_m21rainafire77kiki75
  • hms1219 said:
    I spent part of the day sorting the baby clothes we have.  My UO is white is a stupid idea for newborn clothes.  
    Definitely is, none of the white clothes we had for DS survived the first wear, let alone the first year. Baby poop stains do not come out of white clothes at ALL. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @winnie1122 I have some cute thanksgiving things I was going to send to SIL because they will fit her new little boy.  They all have faded baby poop stains that I overlooked when I packed them away.  
    winnie1122
  • I hate the term "hubby" "wifey" etc. 

I also get unreasonabley annoyed when people post pictures with their spouses at weddings and say "my forever wedding date".
    Yeah my DH hasn’t made it to half the weddings we’ve been invited to since getting married so I usually don’t have a wedding date! I don’t like hubby/wifey either, but to each their own on cute names I suppose 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @SarahFoley725 I am lucky if my DH and I actually get a picture taken at a wedding together, let alone posting it with a caption like that! 
    And I don't think I've ever called my DH hubby in real life. On here I will use it because I don't want to use his name and It just seems to flow when I tell the story. I can definitely say my DH has never called me wifey!
  • kbrinks2 said:
    @SarahFoley725 I am lucky if my DH and I actually get a picture taken at a wedding together, let alone posting it with a caption like that! 
    And I don't think I've ever called my DH hubby in real life. On here I will use it because I don't want to use his name and It just seems to flow when I tell the story. I can definitely say my DH has never called me wifey!

Same! I never would call him hubby in real life ever. But saying hubby on here in a sentence sounds better than ‘my husband’ and I don’t like using his name. So it just flows better haha 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    kbrinks2
  • I think my husband called me wifey on our wedding day but that was after a few glasses of wine, a couple of beers and he was trying to get my attention from across the room. Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

ldawngirl781kbrinks2