February 2018 Moms

UO | 10.5

In the past, we have been a bit tame for this post to get much traction.. anyone care to play this week? 

eggplantfaceTattoosandLace

Re: UO | 10.5

• My UO: So far two co-workers have touched my bump, and it didnt bother me. I really thought it would. 
    ldawngirl781
  • Loading the player...
  • My UO: I love that registries can sneak tell you if something has been bought. I know it's supposed to be a surprise, but I can't help peeking!
    It appears that Buy Buy Baby will allow people to buy things anonymously. I really want to know who got the baby carrier!

Boring UO: Trader Joe's Peppermint Joe Joe's are the worst Joe Joe's.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• mayapple44 said:8
    My UO: So far two co-workers have touched my bump, and it didnt bother me. I really thought it would. 
    My DD's teacher at open house reached out her hand and paused like 4 inches away and went "aww."  I told her to go ahead, haha. Normally I don't care (once I have a bump and they aren't just rubbing intestine.)

HOWEVER, my uncle was hugging people goodbye and I went to hug him.. he instead crouched down and hugged my belly before standing up to hug me. That was soo awkward. I didn't say anything, but it was just... no.  
    babybro218eggplantfaceash0625SquirrelsRWatching
  • @eggplantface boo! That ruins the fun of peeking! 
  • @3plus1equals4 Bahahaha! You poor thing! I cant imagine that sight. Your uncle must be really excited about your little one coming!
  • @3plus1equals4 Bahahaha! You poor thing! I cant imagine that sight. Your uncle must be really excited about your little one coming!
    Our families lived in houses right next door to each other until I was 10, so he is pretty close to me and my siblings. This is kid #4 and a new experience for me. It was just so shocking!
  • Okay so here goes...I don't know if I'm hoping to stir the pot a little with a few of these but...I mentioned in a reply post a moment ago that I hate Snapchat (which may be not be such an unpopular opinion who knows) I don't much like social media period. BUT here's a few more that might agitate the gods... 

Until my current pregnancy...I could take or leave bacon. My husband considers this sacrilegious and each time I brought up that bacon was just kind of meh...I'd get 'the look.' This baby apparently loves bacon...specifically on a Chick-Fil-A breakfast sandwich. My once a day trips to Chick-Fil-A might make for yet another unpopular opinion... 

So here comes the big one...and I'm completely preparing for the flaming but here goes...

Pumpkin Spice ANYTHING is the most foul/horrible/disgusting/abominable thing ever created. The coffee was bad enough...and now, sadly, the world has pumpkin spice...yogurt, waffles, seasoned almonds, Oreos...the list goes on but where does the madness end?! Maybe it's because I no longer have a gallbladder, or my tastebuds have been burned off or maybe I'm a sane, rational person...but Pumpkin Spice is awful. From about September 1st until mid to late November, I wait patiently..for the pumpkin madness to end. And when it's over...we have gingerbread. Don't even get me started on Gingerbread.  B)

babymakes9
  • @mayapple44 I didn't really have too big of a problem with people touching me when I was pregnant with my son. What really started weirding me out was the people who would crouch down and talk to my stomach. Having a one way conversation with my belly button was just...odd. 
    mayapple44babymakes9
  • @amb929 I was waiting for something about politics or religion; those are tame! 

BTW bacon is amazing. Friendship canceled. ;)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

mpp06ash0625rainafire77
  • I am missing something big here--WTF are Joe Joe's?  There is a Trader Joe's RIGHT next to my OB office...do I need to stop in?? 
    babybro218smorzandojAcreativephipps
  • @amb929 I found pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls this year... yumm!  I like pumpkin spice desserts, but it better stay far away from my coffee! Yech.
  • @magnolia305 they're basically Trader Joe's answer to Oreos, but what Trader Joe's brings to the table is multiple flavor iterations, including seasonal ones (pumpkin, candy cane, etc.) that in my opinion are far better than the various Oreo flavors (not that I'm above eating any kind of Oreo).  The maple ones which I believe are year-round are also delicious! Also I find the Joe Joe's cookie:cream ratio to be ideal... it's more cream than a basic Oreo, but not as much cream as a double-stuffed.  
    MrsJ2410magnolia305
  • I am missing something big here--WTF are Joe Joe's?  There is a Trader Joe's RIGHT next to my OB office...do I need to stop in??

This damn box. Knock off oreos. And peppermint were my jam last year. 
  • I'm only a little ashamed by the level of detail I went into when @melissa9481 had a perfectly passable one sentence response.
    Melissa9481magnolia305
  • @psm2462 agree 100% re: cream to cookie ratio. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @amb929 Lol! I guess you can join the club with @3plus1equals4! I had no idea people did that! Should I prepare for that somehow?!

• chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited October 2017
    I don't Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram or any of that @amb929.  I have a Facebook but that's it.

Chic-Fil-a breakfast is awesome but you lost me with the not liking bacon lol.  It is a great food!

I'm ambivalent about Trader Joe's.  It's ok but I don't get excited about it.
  • psm2462 said:
    I'm only a little ashamed by the level of detail I went into when @melissa9481 had a perfectly passable one sentence response.
    I must have been too busy trying to get out of the box to see your response. I rarely buy knock off oreos and was really surprised how much I loved them. I'm now planning on hunting for the other flavors you mentioned because I thought they were only regular or peppermint! 
    magnolia305
  • @eggplantface and @chucksmom15 I'm presently very much "team bacon" right now!! So...we cool?  :D:D:p
    Before DS#1, I wasn't a big fan of spicy food...and now, bring me all the sriracha so maybe this bacon this is here to stay?!

@sabriel1  It looks like I started a thing about food here...for this I am sorry. 

@mayapple44  People are so strange that it's probably best to prepare for ANYTHING. The person who started the weird trend of 'talking to my bellybutton' was my husband, and him doing it wasn't THAT weird. But, when we celebrated my mom's 60th a few weeks later and other relatives/my mom's friends were kneeling in front of my belly and conversing with my belly button things got weird. I think it got to the point where I told one of my cousins to 'stop Tebowing like a creep' My point being...people do weird things around pregnant ladies.
    mayapple44babybro218babymakes9eggplantface
  • @ash0625 I want to hate them, but... man, they're just so cozy.
  • Trader Joe's cookie butter and graham crackers is the best treat ever. You will keel over from sugar shock but it's worth it.

(I seriously can't come up with an UO. It's just not working.)

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• ash0625 said:
    I try EVERY WEEK to think of something real juicy for this thread and every week I fail. 

OH. I got out my Ugg boots this week so, thats probably pretty unpopular. People hate those. 
    Nah. I'm from upstate NY and uggs are basically a life essential for 6 months out of the year.
    amb929
  • ash0625 said:
    I try EVERY WEEK to think of something real juicy for this thread and every week I fail. 

OH. I got out my Ugg boots this week so, thats probably pretty unpopular. People hate those. 
    I live near Houston and I think they are sooooooooo dumb here. Although I totally love Hunter boots which are also dumb for here. 
  • I love uggs...not a fan of Hunter Boots--bc I can't find a wide calf pair. Dumb.  
  • I love my UGGs but need to find a good knock off pair because mine were a gift like 8 years ago (amazing how well they’ve held up) and I can’t justify buying new ones but I will need something similar to replace them. Anyone know of good knock offs? And I can’t think of a good UO, never can! Except that I don’t like horses...and am scared of most farm animals so I don’t like them much either...but that’s boring. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • ash0625 said:

Nah. I'm from upstate NY and uggs are basically a life essential for 6 months out of the year.
    I live in upstate ny, and i rarely see people wear uggs.  When i lived in southern California they were like a winter time uniform.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • My uo is that unless you are actually working somewhere mucky- like a barn,  or a garden,  or its typhoon season- you shouldn't be wearing muck boots!

It's a weird fashion statement,  and i can tell that your boots have never seen anything worse than damp grass, and i judge you for it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
    ash0625mayapple44TattoosandLace
  • I love uggs...not a fan of Hunter Boots--bc I can't find a wide calf pair. Dumb.  
    I'm so short they look dumb on me. It's pretty sad. My parents let me pick a pair two Christmases ago and I ended up getting Sperry brand instead because they are shorter and look less ridiculous on me. 
  • I have knock off uggs from Payless.  They look like knock offs but they were less than $20 and I’ve had them a few years.  Also dislike bacon.  

My UO is I enjoy click bait articles.  
    rainafire77Ashoes123
  • @hms1219 Nooooo! I can't even get through 2 pages and I hate them! I just go to the comments and look for that kind, wonderful soul who posts the spoiler screenshots. They are awful.
    hms1219SarahFoley725rainafire77mayapple44
  • @hms1219 Nooooo! I can't even get through 2 pages and I hate them! I just go to the comments and look for that kind, wonderful soul who posts the spoiler screenshots. They are awful.
    I’ve been known to be that person.  When it’s a slow day at work, or DH turns on baseball I’ll sit and click through. 
  • Educators that stay for tutoring or work until all hours of the evening annoy the crap out of me. I stop getting paid at 3:55 and this entitled generation doesn’t deserve to enter into my family time. 
    neener*neener*Ashoes123
  • We are definitely the lame crew when it comes to UOs. It basically just devolves into another randoms thread and everyone is just chatting about random foods. Haha. Maybe we need to have themed UOs to stay on topic. UO: food edition. UO: names edition (ex. Names people would think are stupid but you like) I can't even complain because I can never think of a good UO either. Oh well.
    eggplantfacerainafire77mbirdieldawngirl781
  • @amb929 I'm sorry but I just burst out laughing at your expense with the thought of a bunch of people conversing with my belly. Anytime I think about it I start laughing again. How ridiculous.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• @sabriel1 I can't tell the story without laughing so laughing at my expense is both allowed and encouraged. So, I should probably explain a little more... my mom has this really eccentric friend she met at work...who we reluctantly invited to her retirement party. We were mingling and having appetizers when she made a bee-line for me and kneeled down, put her hands on either side of my belly and started yelling "helloooo baby boy!" at my belly. I was like uhh...hi...eyes up here. K, thanks. Nice to see you? After she did this... several of my goofy cousins and aunts/uncles decided it would be funny to imitate her behavior (I come from a VERY sarcastic/antagonistic clan) then at some point...as more people who weren't present for the first belly worshipping arrived...it was like well, if everyone is doing it, I guess we should too! I was kind of like when people wait in line for something and they don't know what exactly they're in line for.  Laugh away. It's a classically awesome story I will someday share with my son when he asks why mommy hates grammy's weird friend so much  :p>:)
    mayapple44rainafire77chucksmom15
  • Educators that stay for tutoring or work until all hours of the evening annoy the crap out of me. I stop getting paid at 3:55 and this entitled generation doesn’t deserve to enter into my family time. 
    So much this!!!!  I get paid from 7:45-3:15 after that is my family time that I would be giving up for free. I choose not to do that. Yet I am evaluated against teachers that do not have kids or their kids are grown and they spend 7-5 at school and work in the evenings from home/on weekends... again not paid, but their rooms are spotless, papers are neat and tidy, and their grades are updated on the regular... 

My UO.. they should only let us in the building or to work from 7:45-3:15 to compare apples to apples... :expressionless: 
    smorzandojrainafire77magnolia305