February 2018 Moms

NOTD (Name of the Day)

Drop the name atrocities you encounter here. 

Re: NOTD (Name of the Day)

• I am totally lost... what does this mean? 
  • Speshul spellings, etc. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, how about Issiah (pronounced eye-zay-uh or Isaiah) I would pronounce it Iz-eye-uh... 
  • Alyviah. 

Or more commonly known as Oliva 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• I have a student that spells his name "Jasher" but pronounces it as if it is Josiah.  I purposefully call him Jash-er just to annoy him.
  • My daughter has a friend named Ahmyah. You'd think it would be pronounced as it's spelled right? Nope. Ah-ME-ah. 

And just remembered my niece went to school with a kid with the last name of Buss. His parents named him Dusty. Dusty Buss. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• A couple years ago I taught sisters named Nemesis and Isis. The same time I had a student named Princess and another student named Sir John. Yeah. All my teacher friends have awful name stories.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • I dated a guy for five years and was pretty integrated into his family. They’re a big Irish family and love pranks. His cousin was in high school and introduced us to her friend Terra. Her parents were Mr. & Mrs. Bull. 
  • Heard about a kid named JKMN, pronounced No-el. 
  • winnie1122winnie1122 member
    edited October 2017
    ramzlau said:
    Heard about a kid named JKMN, pronounced No-el. 
    Wait what? Is it a terrible joke I’m missing? Omg that’s bad

ETA I get it now... Still bad. I hope that’s not real.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Pronounced Sha-heed...spelled Shithead. 
  • @winnie1122 sadly it is true, a friend is a midwife and she delivered the baby. I just can't imagine growing up with that name. 
  • hms1219 said:
    My mom was a teacher and she would go through her student roster at the beginning of every year.  My favorite was La-A.  Pronounced Ladasha

Ah yes, I was waiting to see how long it would take for this urban legend gem to show up.
  • I recently came across a baby named Lovelle

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• I know of a baby recently named rapunzel. Like why? 
  • It was on her roster print out about 4 years ago. I used to help her make the name tags for their cubbies
  • @ramzlau JKMN "No-El" had me laughing so hard my husband came into the bathroom (i'm taking a bath) and I had to explain what happened.  So glad I wasn't drinking something!!! 
  • Espn. Pronounced es - pen. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Emilee (phonetically correct but an extra E on the end)

• jport23 said:
    I have a client whose twin boys are named Waylon and Jennings. 
    I also know a little boy names Waylon! I kind of like the name alone, but naming the other twin Jennings is just asking for the kids to be teased lol.

I know of two sisters named Caprice & Parisienne. Pretty, but named after cars (big old boats that are popular for teenagers around here).

This is a 1987 Caprice (coincidentally same as DH's first car lol):

& a Parisienne!

• madie008madie008 member
    edited October 2017
    kbrinks2 said:
    Emilee (phonetically correct but an extra E on the end)

Omg it's like they are trying to be French and failing. I know a few girls named Emilie which is a common French / European spelling. 

I will I'll always remember a mom in my May 2016 group who asked if we liked the same Anchor for her son. 
    No, no please don't name your son after a freaking ship Anchor!! 

Eta half my post didn't post. 
  • hms1219 said:
    My mom was a teacher and she would go through her student roster at the beginning of every year.  My favorite was La-A.  Pronounced Ladasha

Ah yes, I was waiting to see how long it would take for this urban legend gem to show up.
    I love how the wording never even changes in that urban legend. It’s always “my mom”
  • jport23 said:
    I also know a little boy names Waylon! I kind of like the name alone, but naming the other twin Jennings is just asking for the kids to be teased lol.

I know of two sisters named Caprice & Parisienne. Pretty, but named after cars (big old boats that are popular for teenagers around here).

& a Parisienne!

1985 Parisienne was my first car back in 1999! I miss that beast!
  • A family friend named her kids Story, Crash, and Santa Fe.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • dvg716 said:
    There's a family in my town with the last name Bahr(pronounce Bar) and the kids names Is Clarkson(nickname Clark), Candace(nickname Candy) and Heath.    
    Oh man!!! I feel bad for her to be called Candy Bar!! Think before you name your kid eh!!!
  • madie008 said:
    kbrinks2 said:
    Emilee (phonetically correct but an extra E on the end)

Omg it's like they are trying to be French and failing. I know a few girls named Emilie which is a common French / European spelling. 

I will I'll always remember a mom in my May 2016 group who asked if we liked the same Anchor for her son. 
    No, no please don't name your son after a freaking ship Anchor!! 

stuck in a box: Maybe he was her anchor baby? As in his she got her husband to stay?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @mamaof5already haha omg you are hilarious. Literally the only reasonable explanation
  • braksten
    Don't you just love a good made up name? Said no one ever. 
  • braksten
    Don't you just love a good made up name? Said no one ever. 
    Because Braxton reminds her of Braxton Hicks? But that Frankenstein doesn’t?
  • jport23 said:

& a Parisienne!

1985 Parisienne was my first car back in 1999! I miss that beast!
    We had a 1984 Parisienne when we first got married, but sold it when we bought our house. DH sees it driving around sometimes and it breaks his heart! lol

I think it he ever sees it for sale again we will end up with 3 vehicles in our driveway!