December 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 9/18

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/18

• Options
    @ktcakes87 I can only imagine. My husband gave me a big squish-style hug today, and included that arm, and I thought I was going to murder him with my brain before he could let go.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh good tip- but I alternate sides throughout the night.... that's gonna be fun..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@Amber_Waves hmm... well these are the names that people tend to call me instead of my actual name: Leah (pronounced either lee-ah or lay-ah), Lila, Leela, and occasionally Kayla. 

There aren't really any words that sound like my name, but I have once in a while had people decide to abbreviate my name to "Lay" (which I hate). They also love to sing me the Eric Clapton song, but I also get people who sing me both Lola songs as well.

People also pretty much never spell it right if you don't tell them how. None the less, I love my name and I've always gotten a lot of compliments on it.

• Options
    @beary67 at first, the black on black frame wasn't on sale, but then it was. Regardless, my OCD was giving me issues about having non matching seats lol. So, if you don't care that they don't match, I'd jump on it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This girl I went to school with back in like elementary school had a baby a few months ago. Her life has been a little messy over the years from what I can tell on FB. Anyway, yesterday she posts that her c-section scar opened up (again, months after the baby was born) and that she'll go to urgent care on Friday. People are like, "Go to the ER. Today." Today she posts, "Ugh, now I have a fever," so people are again like, "Uh you need to go in, that's a sign of infection." And she says she'll go to urgent care tomorrow if she doesn't feel better.

I get that she's in a lower income bracket and she doesn't have a car according to her posts but I just can't even imagine! I would've been in the ER ASAP after noticing that. I really don't even know this girl anymore and I'm stressed out on her behalf.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I hope she gets help soon. You definitely don't want to wait too long with an infection.

@leilagphillips Is your name pronounced Lee-la or Lay-la? I'm asking because I know a Leila and hers is pronounced Lee-la. 
  • Options
    @MJDsquared not only does that sound SO dangerous, I can't imagine how much pain she is In! That's 911 worthy, nevermind take a bus to urgent care...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's Big Brother finale night!

• Options
    1. I Only gained 1 lb this last month. 
    2. I just totally freaked out. I got out of the shower and noticed blood on the floor. I looked and it was running down my leg. I was just drying off and knew it wasn't vaginal bleeding (at least I didn't think). It took me 2 minutes to realize this tiny little scab on my leg was pouring blood. Geez! I need to chill out. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @clovelyone My name is pronounced Lay-la. I've heard of people spelling it my way but pronouncing it Leela too, but I like my way better :lol:
  • Options
    @tamaraaaa wowzers. Wasn't expecting Big brother to end like that.  Both the winner and americas favorite lol 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    @leilagphillips Thanks and I like it that way too  ;)
  • Options
    Is anyone else having trouble mobile bumping? I can see the boards but I can't comment or lovetit anything. I'm still logged in and everything. I also tried going to the website from my phone but it wouldn't let me log in!
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    ktcakes87 I had that problem last week.  I restarted my iphone and that cleared it up.  
  • Options
    @blueskies17 Shana tova! Hope you get some rest today!
  • Options
    @leilagphillips thanks! Shana tova to you and your family! 
  • Options
    I forgot about rosh hashana... bad Jew over here. Oops!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @splsmama2016 Well you can repent next week on Yom Kippur lol.
  • Options
    We might have a shower thread that I couldn't find, so I'm dropping this in here...

Any suggestions on cute gifts for those who are throwing you a shower? I have two friends that are throwing me a small shower for my group of friends and I'd like to get them something nice. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 Right now I'm thinking bottle of wine and gift card for my two friends throwing my local shower. I need to figure out for sure who is 'officially' throwing my shower in DH's neck of the woods, but I'll probably do the same thing (as long as I can get to the store to buy wine while we're down there).

But I'm excited to see other suggestions and maybe they'll make me think of something different!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 I think I sent the friends who threw my shower for dd flowers

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @Tennis11785  I had 4 hostesses at my shower so couldn't afford to do something crazy drastic-- I bought succulents from the local garden center and found cute buckets at Target for $1 in DD's nursery colors that they fit perfectly in.  Insert wordplay about nurturing/growing = hostess gifts!  

I never got anything for my bridal shower hostesses because I didn't know that was a thing, and I've always felt so guilty about it! Someone revoke my southern lady card...
  • Options
    @elcd458 I also didn't give bridal shower hostess gifts and thinking back I'm a little mortified! It just didn't even cross my mind then.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    Hostess gifts really aren't the norm in my circle of friends/family.  I've thrown many showers and have never received (or given for that matter) a hostess gift. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17