Options

STM+ Check-in 9/13

2»

Re: STM+ Check-in 9/13

• Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks ish

How old are your other kids?
    10 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  2 under 2?! That keeps running through my head. We'll be fine. We planned this. We'll be fine.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I am just so, so excited and it feels so surreal. My big will be an awesome big sis and I can't wait to meet this little bug.

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Pay off my student loans. 

<BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks tomorrow

DS-6 DSS-8

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  custody challenges are always fun... DH has joint custody with his ex, my ex only has visitation. I'm intrigued/terrified to see how the ex's are going to react to the news (we'll let the boys tell them once they know) DH's ex is crazy so I always have a little fear around her anyway but I think she's done with just DSS so not too much of a concern. my ex and his wife are trying and struggling, I'm worried about how this will go over with her more than him. I just don't want her to take it out on DS. I don't think she will.... but who knows

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I can't wait to tell them. DS is so baby/little kid driven, he's going to be sooo excited. I think DSS will be too in a way, but he's much more of a hermit so I don't think he'll care too much unless it interrupts his personal time lol

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first? pay off debt and pay back our parents (student loan type stuff) then hire a maid to scrub my house down really good and a handyman to do all our projects so we dont have to lol (ok that was like 4 things)
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4.5 weeks

How old are your other kids? DS is 2!

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    Terrible 2s have hit us hard. I get so frustrated at times and wonder how I'll be able to remain calm dealing with that+baby+lack of sleep... very excited regardless! 
    Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : 
    It's so early I'm scared to get too happy! Is that weird?? I mean I AM thrilled. But cautious at the same time. Can't wait to see that little flickering heart beat! 
    GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
    pay off debt, then take a trip around the world! New Zealand, Australia, Greece, Italy, France, Germany would all be on the list bc we haven't been there before! 
  • Options
    ashley22paashley22pa member
    edited September 2017
    How far along are you? 7w2d

My son is 4.5 and my daughter turned 2 in July 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  I don't have many concerns other than the logistics of having a third and being outnumbered. However I think I'm the calmest I've been about a pregnancy since I've done this twice already lol

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : my son and daughter are so excited about this baby. My son can't wait to teacher him or her everything. Also my daughter loves everything baby:real babies, baby dolls, babies on YouTube...you get the idea. This is literally her dream come true! 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first? pay off all our student loans and build a big house on our property (we live in the small farmhouse that came with the property now).
  • Options
    @loko08 my first and second are 19 months apart. It was really, really hard for a while but now it's amazing. They are so close and play so well together. We planned the spacing too, at least we said, we know we want another, lets stop preventing - BAM. I couldn't do it again though, my #2 and #3 will be 2.5 years apart!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks tomorrow 

DS is 2.5

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  DS is very attached to me. He often wants to cuddle and sit with me. I'm worried he'll feel left out.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : - DS has such a kind heart! I can't wait to see him love on his baby brother or sister.

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first? I'd pay off or debt (car, student loans, and house). I'd make sure DS and baby to be were set for college. I'd set anything else aside in good mutual fund. :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? - 4 weeks and a few days (not sure on exact dating yet as I haven't had my first appt yet.  Also haven't told SO yet! 

- DS turned 2 in June .

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  - DS still has a binky, eeek.  And I really do want to get him potty trained before #2 arrives.  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: being a mom is the best, I am very lucky to have a good natured DS and I am also looking forward to seeing him as a big brother. 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Depending how much I won, I'd consider quitting my job and would definitely pay off the last of my grad school student loan.  
  • Options
    mlindzzmlindzz member
    edited September 2017
    How far along are you? 5w4d

How old are your other kids? DS turned 2 in June

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? DS still still doesn't sleep through the night often, so I'm sure hoping that will improve before LO arrives. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : Yesterday daycare sent home his diapers saying he doesn't need them anymore, huge win for potty training being on the right track! 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first? We live on our awesome property, but in a pretty old and small house. The dream is to someday build a new house, so we would begin that project. Get everyone's in the house some much needed space.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks, 1 day (though TB is saying 6 so I'm confused AF)

3 years

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  This wasn't planned at all and my kid is SO VERY THREE right now, holyshithowamigoingtodothis

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I finally feel like our family is complete and I can't wait to see my son be a big brother <3

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Pay off my student loans and mortgage, SAH

imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w 5d

3 years and 16 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  potty training regression for my 3 year old, so that's fun. Trying to get my 16 month old to say some words or we'll be having her evaluated for speech therapy in a couple months. Also wondering what life running errands and going to Dr appointments will be like with 3... I thought 2 would be hard, but I survived! Ha

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : excited to see these 2 girls be big sisters to this little one

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first? remodel our bathroom. Just bought a fixer upper and most of the house needs remodeled, we're just doing little bits at a time

BabyFruit Ticker

June '14 February Siggy Challenge
    Picture of DH and I on top of Mayan ruins, Altun Ha, in Belize

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    edited September 2017
    lscal20 said:
    Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  potty training regression for my 3 year old, so that's fun. Trying to get my 16 month old to say some words or we'll be having her evaluated for speech therapy in a couple months. Also wondering what life running errands and going to Dr appointments will be like with 3... I thought 2 would be hard, but I survived! Ha
    Certainly don't want to poke my nose in your business or advise you on what to do, but don't hesitate to get your LO screened for an evaluation! The sooner you start EI the better, and the process is relatively painless--its worth doing just to get services going if your DD needs it. I've found the program to be absolutely SO beneficial for us that I cannot help but recommend it. I'd want my LO in it even if he didn't qualify quite honestly. Just food for thought!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lscal20 said:
    Certainly don't want to poke my nose in your business or advise you on what to do, but don't hesitate to get your LO screened for an evaluation! The sooner you start EI the better, and the process is relatively painless--its worth doing just to get services going if your DD needs it. I've found the program to be absolutely SO beneficial for us that I cannot help but recommend it. I'd want my LO in it even if he didn't qualify quite honestly. Just food for thought!
    I second this, my niece was a little late with her speech development and my sister got her early intervention and she is now up to speed with the other 3rd graders.  
  • Options
    HandreeHandree member
    edited September 2017
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5w 5d

15 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  I am worried about that transition from 1 to 2 and how I can make it through this pregnancy with DD still not sleeping through the night.  
    Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I am excited to see how DD does as a big sister. She is so bossy already I can only imagine lol.

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would you do first? pay off our bills.