May 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 8/27

Re: Weekly Questions 8/27

• Options
    justsuzie said:
    @dinonugget I'm very petite and feel like they might be a problem with maternity. It already is with regular clothes. I love the way the petit gap clothes fit so I bet the maternity line is awesome. 
    I'm very petite as well. I'm hoping to try the h&m and ASOS maternity lines, as I have good luck with their regular clothes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
     I'm planning on buying some lularoe this time around.   I figure I may as well but something I can wear later.   I'm actually not a huge fan,  but if I have to buy new stuff anyway,  it's not really more expensive than maternity wear

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    justsuzie said:
    @dinonugget I'm very petite and feel like they might be a problem with maternity. It already is with regular clothes. I love the way the petit gap clothes fit so I bet the maternity line is awesome. 
    I felt like their jeans held up better and didn't stretch out as much so they stayed up better. My Old Navy jeans would constantly be falling down.
  • Options
     I'm planning on buying some lularoe this time around.   I figure I may as well but something I can wear later.   I'm actually not a huge fan,  but if I have to buy new stuff anyway,  it's not really more expensive than maternity wear
    Yeah I have a few lularoe dresses. I just ordered another Julia from K, her and her mom aren't going to be carrying them anymore so I got a discount. Maybe message her about it?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rowboat4 said:
    Yeah I have a few lularoe dresses. I just ordered another Julia from K, her and her mom aren't going to be carrying them anymore so I got a discount. Maybe message her about it?
    That's good to know. I love Julias. 

@createmagic14 I have some leggings I'll sell for super cheap if you're interested. It's waaaay too hot in fl for them. Let me know and I'll send you pictures. 
  • Options
    emmaknitsemmaknits member
    edited August 2017
    @char245 Fit4Mom instructor here too!
  • Options
    justsuzie said:
    @mileswithmyles. Fellow teacher. Which brings me to my question, how many teachers do we have here? I'm an upper elementary school 
    I'm a ballet instructor and used to work for a daycare.
  • Options
    rowboat4 said:
    Ooh, I'll definitely do that!  Thanks!
    KD5624 said:
    rowboat4 said:
    That's good to know. I love Julias. 

@createmagic14 I have some leggings I'll sell for super cheap if you're interested. It's waaaay too hot in fl for them. Let me know and I'll send you pictures. 
    Yes please! It's definitely not too hot in MA, haha

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    @justsuzie I am a teacher too, math professor. 
  • Options
    Is anyone here currently still nursing? I have friends who have tandem nursed, but that's not necessarily a goal in mind for me. I firmly believe in not pushing weaning I was it's not working for both parties involved, but I'm already wanting him to quit touching me. 17 months... I started feeling like this a couple weeks ago, and now it's making my skin crawl, but I can't bring myself to make him quit before he's ready. Especially if this is something that will pass.
  • Options
    Is anyone here currently still nursing? I have friends who have tandem nursed, but that's not necessarily a goal in mind for me. I firmly believe in not pushing weaning I was it's not working for both parties involved, but I'm already wanting him to quit touching me. 17 months... I started feeling like this a couple weeks ago, and now it's making my skin crawl, but I can't bring myself to make him quit before he's ready. Especially if this is something that will pass.
    My DS weaned himself in June, so I have no advice but I can totally relate to how you're feeling. By the end, I was sooo done. Hope you guys figure out something that will work for you! 
  • Options
    @createmagic14 I absolutely LOVE Lularoe! I should probably be a consultant with how much I own lol. With the stash I have, I doubt I'll need to buy much, if any, maternity clothes. I still have mine from my last pregnancy in 2014, too. You can win clothes, too. Consultants have giveaways all the time - maybe you'll get lucky! :)
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This may be a weird question, but other TTGP girls (@mileswithmyles, @charlestonchew, @kpc914, @bjkay22), did you base your EDD off your last period or when you ovulated (since I'm guessing most of us know)?  Not that it's super important, but mine is about 4-5 days difference, so I feel like my OB will tell me a due date and I'll feel like it's totally wrong.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @sandbar517 if it was that big of a difference I would base it off O and was even planning on changing my LMP to reflect that instead of arguing with the OB. Mine personally is only a day different so I'm just going by LMP.
  • Options
    This may be a weird question, but other TTGP girls (@mileswithmyles, @charlestonchew, @kpc914, @bjkay22), did you base your EDD off your last period or when you ovulated (since I'm guessing most of us know)?  Not that it's super important, but mine is about 4-5 days difference, so I feel like my OB will tell me a due date and I'll feel like it's totally wrong.  
    I actually know the exact date I conceived because I track when we have sex... It was on my birthday in case you were wondering /facepalm/ 
  • Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited August 2017
    @sandbar517 I did mine based off of O date...but, it's only one day diff....so TBH I will probably fib to my OB and say that cycle started a day earlier than it actually did (since I O'd on CD13) if that makes sense? lol
  • Options
    @sandbar517 I worry about being induced unnecessarily so having a EDD that's off could affect that. I know thats a far off worry but I think about those things lol
  • Options
    That's a valid concern.  But for me, it's just one of those minor things where it's the first thing people are going to ask me, and I don't want to start with, 'Well, my OB says it's 5/5 because of my LMP, but I know I O'd on the 16th, so I think it's 5/9".....   :D  I obviously realize the futility of due dates as a whole, anyway, but everyone wants to know how far along you are, when you're due, blah blah blah

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited August 2017
    @sandbar517 exactly. I just feel weird going off of LMP if I actually know my O date. Just feels more accurate. 
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 hahah! I mean.....it could be on of the 5 times in my fertile window that we HIO. 
  • Options
    @sandbar517 I used my O date to figure out my due date.  I ovulate a little later than most (CD 17 on this cycle), and FF gave me the 5/1 due date.  When I went to the doctor to take a test in their office, the nurse asked for my LMP.  I figured I would just wait until I see the NP at my first appointment to bring it up.  They will do an ultrasound at that appointment and take measurements, so it will be interesting to see what they say.  
  • Options
    I just bought a bunch of cute maternity stuff on zulily, because I have no self control and will need it eventually. I like to use the fact that I have to look presentable at work as an excuse to shop.
    I had to start wearing maternity pants around 10 weeks last time and pretty quickly after shirts because my boobs were massive.  And I hadn’t gained weight at that point.  Totally justified because zulily takes forever to ship lol.  
    Haha thank you for helping me feel justified! My husband got a notification that I had made the order (wtf zulily??) and was like "uhhhhh honey, you're 10 minutes pregnant. Do you NEED that?" Hell yes I do. Now shut up and give me cake. 
  • Options
    @charlestonchew @kpc914 @sandbar517 @mileswithmyles I did mine off of LMP even though I know date. I ovulated day12 so it was only about 2 days difference but my OBGYN office asked for LMP on the phone so that's what I'm guessing they will use even though I volunteered that I knew my O date for sure. So who the eff knows. I am still like shell shocked it doesn't really feel real yet! I feel like I just can't be this lucky...but I'm trying to remember that I saw so many lines so it's got to be real! 
  • Options
    @bjkay22 yeah I feel like I'm just looking at someone else's tests, they can't be mine...
  • Options
    @charlestonchew same! I keep looking at the pics I took of the tests to make sure I still see a line hahah
  • Options
    I gave my OB's office the date of my LMP but I will probably bring up O date at the first appointment and see what they say. I typically have 34 day cycles so it's a 6 day difference for me! 

When do you all plan on letting your work/coworkers know? I am close to a few coworkers and I know they will be suspicious over the doctors appointments next month but I don't want my entire office knowing so soon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @attorneyworkproduct I'll be telling them after my Dr appointment but I have one I'm really close with that I told already.

I do have a question as well I just thought of. I'm pretty relaxed with most food and drink but I want to cut out harmful chemicals. I was looking at some of my face washes and sugar scrubs and there are a lot of things I can't pronounce. Is there anything I should be looking for to get rid of?
  • Options
    sandbar517sandbar517 member
    edited August 2017
    @attorneyworkproduct I told one of my very close work friends, because she knew we were trying.  As far as anyone else, I'm friends with a few other work people on Facebook, so I figure once I announce it on there (beginning of second trimester, more than likely) people will see it and it will take care of itself.  
    ETA words

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @charlestonchew we are definitely twins! haha going to try and wait as long as physically possible until i tell coworkers. However, there is one I am super close to that I already told. We are telling my aunt and uncle this weekend...I know it's super early to tell family members, but my aunt is like a second mom to me and she has terminal cancer (with rapidly declining health the past few months). I would like for her to know about my pregnancy as soon as possible. Will tell our parents after first appt on Sept 27. 

• Options
    I'm still nursing my 14 month old. I stopped pumping at work a week after his birthday in June and that was enough of a relief for me to feel ok with still nursing morning/evenings for awhile. But I'm right there with you as far as feeling touched out. Just give me a little bit of space kid, seriously. I've been able to fend him off in the am the last couple of days with early (6 am, uggghhh) breakfast, but he absolutely insists at night. I don't know if I'll let him figure it out on his own or cut him off yet. Guess I'll have to see how uncomfortable it becomes getting him in my lap after the new year
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    @attorneyworkproduct I am going to wait until the end of the first tri to tell my coworkers.  There is one I might tell early because she and I are closer than they others.  

@charlestonchew Let me see if I can find a spreadsheet I found with do's and don'ts for skincare.  I had to stop using one of my prescription topical creams.
  • Options
    Anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the bloating? Mine is so bad today!
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles OMG the bloat. Make it stop! 
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles thank you so much!
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles if you figure out how to get rid of the bloat then let me know! So far my solution is loose fitting clothes and the bellaband.
  • Options
    I'm still nursing my 14 month old. I stopped pumping at work a week after his birthday in June and that was enough of a relief for me to feel ok with still nursing morning/evenings for awhile. But I'm right there with you as far as feeling touched out. Just give me a little bit of space kid, seriously. I've been able to fend him off in the am the last couple of days with early (6 am, uggghhh) breakfast, but he absolutely insists at night. I don't know if I'll let him figure it out on his own or cut him off yet. Guess I'll have to see how uncomfortable it becomes getting him in my lap after the new year
    Still nursing my 20 mo old.  I hope he self weans like a lot of toddlers do around the 20 week mark.  I don’t think I want to tandem wean since he’ll be 2.5 when the new baby gets here but then the guilt sets in.  
  • Options
    Any recommendations for a plus size barely pregnant lady whose already snug clothes are starting to dig in? Are maternity clothes something I should already look into or do you have any other creative suggestions?
  • Options
    Any recommendations for a plus size barely pregnant lady whose already snug clothes are starting to dig in? Are maternity clothes something I should already look into or do you have any other creative suggestions?
    Plus size here. I love the bellaband from Target for the early weeks. You can leave your pants unbuttoned and/or unzipped and it will hold them up. I have the M/L and it works just fine. 2nd pregnancy I used it until 10 weeks or so then gave into maternity pants. There's no shame though in going to maternity pants to be comfortable!