March 2018 Moms

UO - 8/24

Re: UO - 8/24

• Did you guys see the guy that made a Go Fund Me page to help pay his speeding ticket? Stupid.
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you guys see the guy that made a Go Fund Me page to help pay his speeding ticket? Stupid.

HAHAHAHAH! seriously though, someone help me on how to freakin' GIF!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Two UO together: I don't care at all about Taylor Swift's new album or song, and (*ducks*) I think the "This Is Us" promos/trailers look so corny and silly beyond belief. 
  • Aaaah! Cilantro divides and unites! 

@Cowboycorgi Taco pictures made me scream laugh!!
  • Also, I think frozen poptarts are way better than toasted poptarts. sorry not sorry. lol
  • @gh515 - Totally a marketing ploy. I feel like she just puts on this face to make herself seem like she cares. She's an idiot IMO. Also, she can't dance.
  • @vflux33 agreed. Chain Mexican food sucks. It's all about the little family owned places. 
  • ShawnnaO said:
    Also, I think frozen poptarts are way better than toasted poptarts. sorry not sorry. lol
    *squints at you suspiciously* 

Hahaha! Sorry!!! lol
  • @chasingroygbiv I feel like everybody I know watched it last season and loved it. I'm sure this season will have the same charm. The commercials are just so emotional that it wigs me out-- clearly I'm the outlier! 
  • I think I just love Jack (the dad) so much that it sucks me in.  :D Last season he just made me melt. I'm really not into tv much, but somehow this one snagged me! Maybe because it's relatable parenting wise and such? I don't know, I know many that don't have interest in it though, not just you! @gh515
  • Also, I'm SO jealous of those of you that live in CA. 
  • Also, I'm SO jealous of those of you that live in CA. 
    We have great Mexican food, and you should be jealous of that, BUT we pay for it in housing prices, among other things. :neutral: Nowhere is perfect!
  • LOL at the Taylor Swift hate. Haters gonna hate. 
  • vflux33 said:
    My very late to the party UO: I've lived in the west coast for the last 15 years and sampled a lot of small local Mexican places, which has turned me into a total snob. I think all chain Mexican food sucks, and I refuse to eat it. Like if you took me there I'd order a water. That's how much of a snob I am.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go drown myself in carnitas. (With cilantro.)
    @vflux33 This. I was born and raised in San Diego and grew up just 5 miles north of the Mexican border.  There is absolutely NO Mexican food chain that can touch the family-owned hole-in-the-wall places that we had there.  Nothing else is even remotely authentic.  I guess I'm a bit snobby, too, when it comes to that! lol

Stuck in quote box - I couldn't agree more that authentic Mexican is where it's at. Still, most fast food doesn't even count as food in my book, but I will eat Chipotle. I just don't think that's Mexican. It's its own thing. ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Catching up on all I missed yesterday! Add me to the cilantro haters club. And also not a fan of alcohol.. 

My UO is I hate when people dress their kids in the same outfits. Twins I can kind of see, but at least get different colors. My SIL has three girls all different ages and every time they have their family pictures done she goes out and buys matching (the same) outfits. Ugh.. now that I have a daughter she wants to include her in on the matching outfit. No! Just no.. 
  • I think I just love Jack (the dad) so much that it sucks me in.  :D Last season he just made me melt. I'm really not into tv much, but somehow this one snagged me! Maybe because it's relatable parenting wise and such? I don't know, I know many that don't have interest in it though, not just you! @gh515
    I'm also super attached to his character.... very episode I'm on my seat waiting for the inevitable...I don't think I'll handle it well 
  • Catching up on all I missed yesterday! Add me to the cilantro haters club. And also not a fan of alcohol.. 

My UO is I hate when people dress their kids in the same outfits. Twins I can kind of see, but at least get different colors. My SIL has three girls all different ages and every time they have their family pictures done she goes out and buys matching (the same) outfits. Ugh.. now that I have a daughter she wants to include her in on the matching outfit. No! Just no.. 
    we didn't usually match in photos.. but my mom used to buy my sister and I the same outfits.. only because if she picked different ones we both always wanted the outfit the OTHER one got.... so she gave up lol
  • I've never heard Taylor Swift. I've heard OF her, but haven't listened to her and don't plan to. 
  • I've never heard Taylor Swift. I've heard OF her, but haven't listened to her and don't plan to. 
    Same. I actually take pride in my lack of knowledge about popular music and celebrities generally. So not into it. 
  • Alright everyone, has anyone besides me had Cafe Rio? Because it's actually pretty good and while it's different from Moe's/Qdoba/Chipotle, it's similar enough for me to compare them. And I like Cafe Rio better than the Moe'S in town. But I don't bother with Chipotle anymore. 
  • @vflux33 Ugh, I see that. We've dreamed and looked into moving out there, but the home we live in now would be pushing 1.5 million out there in the area we love. HUH?! Not here in the good ole Midwest. Ha! 
  • @chasingroygbiv Yeah, it's bad. We've considered leaving CA (neither of us grew up here), and we might one day, but we both have career reasons to stay, we like it here, and we have gotten used to it, and are sick of moving. But when we think of the stuff we could afford in other states, it's hard to swallow. 
    I wish I could un-hear her.. lol I envy you.
    I wish I could un-hear her.. lol I envy you.
    That bad? Lol. I guess I'm a bit of a music snob? I dunno.
  • @HappyMonkey817 - yes that bad! I would say I'd let you be the judge of that, but please... don't listen to her. She's just awkward AF and I can't stand it. STOP. And she tries to pretend like she has big lips. I have huge lips. I'm Hispanic. She just pushes hers out and purses them and it drives me nuts! Haha, can you tell I really love her?

• I'll just leave these here for all the T-Swift fans...

• Alright everyone, has anyone besides me had Cafe Rio? Because it's actually pretty good and while it's different from Moe's/Qdoba/Chipotle, it's similar enough for me to compare them. And I like Cafe Rio better than the Moe'S in town. But I don't bother with Chipotle anymore. 
    Cafe Rio is my favorite fast casual Mexican place!
  • @ksmwalters do you have a picture example??