March 2018 Moms

UO - 8/24

Let's hear those UO's, ladies!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: UO - 8/24

• Loading the player...
  • Agreed. @mdfarmchick But that's all alcohol for me.  :/
  • I'm with you, @ShawnnaO. Do a fun filter or a soft filter, not a "trying too hard and you don't look like yourself" filter. Own what you look like. It's okay. 
  • @mdfarmchick agreed!! I love Moscato, but that's it. I also don't drink any hard liquor ever, except for the very occasional margarita, but I LOVE beer! 

@chasingroygbiv ugh I hate them too!! My MIL buys so many of them for my niece and nephew and I'm going to have to figure out how to get her to stop for my LOs because I'm not a fan. I'm going to avoid it until they're old enough to pick them out themselves LOL
  • Agreed. @mdfarmchick But that's all alcohol for me.  :/

@chasingroygbiv @mdfarmchick - never been a drinker myself. Everyone's like, "Oh it must suck to not be able to drink now that you're pregnant!"

-_-   Umm.. okay. Cause I drank before I was pregnant? No. The taste of alcohol makes me quiver... ugh!

• I'm not a drinker either. I like the taste of Mikes but even that I don't have a lot of. I like to be in full control of my body and I usually get anxious when I drink. 
  • @ShawnnaO - I could not agree more! That's a good way of putting it. I was in a bachelorette party this weekend and I was the only one not drinking. But I still had a fabulous time and was sober! I saw a lot of people making fools of themselves and not enjoying the rest of the time because they were so sloshed! No thanks, I'd like to remember my nights.

Plus, I was roofied once when I was 21.... after that I never went drinking again in public. I don't trust people.

• @chasingroygbiv - YES!! I've always been able to have fun without drinking and I like it that way. I can giggle just as much and not be annoying, falling over, puking on everything. Ugh, no more of those days! lol
  • @ShawnnaO I've never been a drinker. I'll have a glass of wine occasionally but I've never had a beer - ever - in my life. I never understood why getting so sloppy drunk that you're puking all over the place is a good time to some people. 
  • Yes yes yes to all the drinking comments. I happen to be an active Christian and people assume that is my only driving force for not really drinking. But I really just have no interest in feeling out of control, feeling like crap afterward, and pouring liquid calories down my throat. 
  • @heatherdubrow, come be my wedding date! They have a ton of great wines on the list as well :) 

• @heatherdubrow, come be my wedding date! They have a ton of great wines on the list as well :) 

That sounds amazing!!
  • @Cowboycorgi Scotch is meant to be savored. I vote that you trip a sip of a few if you want. :smiley:
  • @brettanomyces I love my friends that can drink without getting drunk. I enjoy our nights out that way! I had a friend though that did not know that was possible and got black out (literally, can't tell you how many times I dragged that girl to my car and into her house) drunk every single Friday and Saturday. Exhausting. We aren't friends anymore because that never changed. 
  • npkat said:
    *snip*
    My UO is I think it's weird when people make Go Fund Me accounts for things like vacations, buying concert tickets, or whatever and not a true cause. 
    @npkat Right??!  Or for their child's extracurricular activities.... my niece is guilty of that one.  I say - don't sign them up for the activity if you can't pay for it yourself! 
  • npkat said:
    My UO is I think it's weird when people make Go Fund Me accounts for things like vacations, buying concert tickets, or whatever and not a true cause. 
    People do this?

Also I bought like three bottles of my local winery's strawberry blush right before finding out.  I think they'll keep until next spring though.  What wine is your new favorite?
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • I miss my wine too. I actually am a member at a local winery and part of the deal is I have to buy 2 bottles every other month. I'll be stocking up over the next 6 months so I'll have plenty to drink when baby comes!
  • @becausescience yes! It's crazy. No I don't want to pay for your vacation or other things that normal people just wouldn't do if they couldn't afford it. So strange that people would think that's ok.

My my new favorite is called Big Six.. it's made in bourbon barrels. There is a red blend, cab, and Zinfandel. The red blend is my fave. My mouth is watering just typing about it.