Baby Names
Options

Sibling for Reese?

My DD is Reese Madeline. It's still too early to know what we are having but it was extremely difficult picking her name so I want to start early. I thought I liked Ellis Irene for a girl but I'm unsure. The only name DH has even slightly liked for a girl is Scarlett. I'm stuck on Easton or Knox for a boy. Help!! What names go with Reese? Any suggestions welcome! 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

Re: Sibling for Reese?

• Options
    Mattel said:
    My DD is Reese Madeline. It's still too early to know what we are having but it was extremely difficult picking her name so I want to start early. I thought I liked Ellis Irene for a girl but I'm unsure. The only name DH has even slightly liked for a girl is Scarlett. I'm stuck on Easton or Knox for a boy. Help!! What names go with Reese? Any suggestions welcome! 
    Sorry, but Scarlett is a very nice name, Ellis is terrible for a girl.  

I dislike Knox (like the gelatin?) Or Easton (baseball).

Alexander
    Ezekiel
    Bryson
    Gabriel
    Jacob
    Lucas
    Liam
    William
    Joseph

Abigail
    Juliana
    Lydia
    Mackenzie 
    Jillian
    Brianna
    Elizabeth (nn ellis??)
  • Options
    I don't really like Ellis for a girl, and honestly Ellie names are so on trend right now so it's not even creative. 

Suggest

Quinn 
    Brynn
    Paige
    Jocelyn
    Irene as a first name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't really like Ellis for a girl, and honestly Ellie names are so on trend right now so it's not even creative. 

Suggest

Quinn 
    Brynn
    Paige
    Jocelyn
    Irene as a first name.
    I do really like Quinn. Paige is our niece's name - it's a great name. The issue I have with Ellis is I would never want her called Ellie, so that's definitely a consideration. 

@3rescuepups I do like Scarlett, just didn't feel like it fit with Reese.  

• Options
    I find Scarlett a big frilly and dramatic next to Reese. 

I would probably go with another masculine name or at least non frilly. Ellis is very masculine and the potential of Ellie is sooo exhausted

Arden
    Sloane
    Harper
    Bridget
    Eden
    Taylor
    Wren
    Adele
    Blair

• Options
    @bbiutmcph I agree. I feel like another semi unisex or not too girly name would pair well with Reese. I really don't want an Ellie. I do love Sloane, that one is on my list but DH isn't a fan.

Thank you for the ideas, ladies! :) 

• Options
    Maxwell, Ezra, Julian

Ivy, Phoebe, Tessa. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    I like Scarlett.  How about Reese and:

Nina
    Christa
    Kenna

Owen
    Luke
    Asher
    Mason
  • Options
    I don't like Scarlett with Reese-

Suggesting-
    Blair
    Paige
    Brynn
    Sloane
    Quinn
    Arden
    Harper
    Brooke
    Avery
    Maeve
    Devon
    Erin
    Sage
    Riley
    Briar
    Nell
    Tess

All the repeats are PPs suggestions that I like :) 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Love Arden, Wren and Sloane with Reese.

Like pps I am not fond of Scarlett or Ellis with Reese. Both Easton and Knox are very much NMS.

Suggestions:
    Juno
    Maeve
    Tess
    Willa
    Nova

Gavin
    Leo
    Miles
    Declan (although a bit close to Deacon, the name of Reese Witherspoon's son. Don't know if you'd consider that too themey)
    Emmett
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree another one-syllable, unisex name would work best if you have another girl-- and I'd pick a multi syllable mn that is more traditionally feminine. 

Quinn 
    Drew 
    Brooke 
    Greer 
    Kyle 
    Vale
    Lane

As for boys, I'd suggest choosing a solid, traditional boys name. When you go with a unisex name for your girl, you don't want to do the same thing for your boy (too confusing). Go strong & traditional:

Robert
    Thomas
    William
    George
    Henry
    John
    Michael
    Matthew
    James
    Benjamin
    Andrew
    Christopher
    Daniel

• Options
    I agree that Ellis isn't a good idea for a girl.  I think that Reese and Scarlett would work fine as a sibset.   Some other ideas for you:

For a girl:
    Hadley
    Maxine
    Morgan
    Yvonne

For a boy:
    Connor
    Wesley