February 2018 Moms

Game of Thrones Discussion

13»

Re: Game of Thrones Discussion

• rainafire77 said: 
    I can't remember..Is Winds of Winter the last book or is there one more?
    There's one more: A Dream of Spring.
  • I found the ep to be overall very satisfying. I actually really liked Littlefinger as a character, but he met the right end. I'm kinda hoping Arya takes his face, but there's really no need except as a trophy. I was really thinking it'd be Varys and Littlefinger making it to the end because they were the ones pulling strings early on, but this works!

Still don't like Dany and Jon. Also, WHY did every time they talk mention her not having kids... maybe dude just wanted to get it on? Also, he's probably like... Challenge accepted! Like we don't know what's coming with that story line.... Which is fine, but I'm just not that emotionally invested in it. 

LOVE the idea if Arya being on the Kingsguard though!

And last tidbit... I truly hope to see Torumd live, get with Brienne, and make giant babies! T+B FOREVER! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @babybro218 Me too! Only I saw Jon & Dany (who wasn't Lady Gaga lol) had had twins and then Jon died riding a dragon against the Night King (who also died) and Dany and his son and daughter sat on the Iron Throne with Arya at her side as a Kingsguard, Tyrion as her hand and Bran as the weird Maester dude. Don't know where Sansa was. Lol
    Sansa stays at Winterfell as Lady of Winterfell! Very plausible!
  • @clc515 #teamgiantbabies !!
  • Ashoes123 said:
    @clc515 #teamgiantbabies !!
    Add me to team Mighty Ginger Warrior Babies!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• What was with Tyrion creeping outside the door and that weird expression? Something's up with that. Maybe the show will lead us to believe that Tyrion may have cloluded with Cersei but in the end, he actually foresaw her betrayal and has a move up his sleeve to outsmart her.

• @Ashoes123 I think Tyrion is in love with Dany, so he was just upset that he's been rejected (his face looked like jealousy to me). My first thought was that he will be so upset by their union that he'll betray her somehow, but my husband is convinced he still is devoted to her as queen even if he can't be with her. Although, as smart as he is he probably saw that coming, so I wonder if the big twist next season will be that he colluded with Cersei to fuck over Dany as soon as the Dead Army is defeated.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Ashoes123 said:
    What was with Tyrion creeping outside the door and that weird expression? Something's up with that. Maybe the show will lead us to believe that Tyrion may have cloluded with Cersei but in the end, he actually foresaw her betrayal and has a move up his sleeve to outsmart her.

I actually thought it was Jorah in the shadows and was sad... but yes, Tyrion was being creepy. He made a huge point about loving her children (RIP) and their deaths were his biggest regret, so maybe he is now conflicted now that she's pregnant... Which would be interesting since Jaime left her (high five, Jaime, even if it is to essentially save her from the dead). 
  • gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited August 2017
    Ashoes123 said: 
    What was with Tyrion creeping outside the door and that weird expression? Something's up with that. Maybe the show will lead us to believe that Tyrion may have cloluded with Cersei but in the end, he actually foresaw her betrayal and has a move up his sleeve to outsmart her.

I'm suspecting he's worried that Daenerys may be more prone to making foolish decisions if blinded by love. I think, in his eyes, Jon and Dany hooking up complicates things with their alliance.
    ETA: Though he kinda did help plant that idea in her head a few episodes ago, so it's hard to say. I don't think he colluded with Cersei and I don't think he's in love with Dany.
  • Interesting theories..too bad we have to wait until freakin' 2019 to get resolution on them!

Im so sad about losing this thread with you guys.  :'(
  • Ashoes123 said:
    Interesting theories..too bad we have to wait until freakin' 2019 to get resolution on them!

Im so sad about losing this thread with you guys.  :'(
    I think we can still discuss it. I'm going back and re-reading the first two books and finishing up the series. I think it will be interesting to see the differences. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• I think we can still discuss it. I'm going back and re-reading the first two books and finishing up the series. I think it will be interesting to see the differences. 
    I love rereading the series. I noticed so many new subtle hints and bits of foreshadowing every time I reread. Hahaha I'm always up for a good GoT discussion. 
  • Final episode was amazing! Seeing the dragon bring the wall down and the army march through - can't wait for next season! Finally Jaime actually left Cersei. I wasn't surprised she had lied about pledging their troops. I agree it was about time for Bran to start sharing the news about Jon. I was so glad to see the end of Little Finger - I was a little worried there with the way things were going. 
  • I also found that odd about Tyrion loitering by the door kind of odd, I have never got the impression that he had a romantic interest in Danny, and I thought he was very perceptive last week when she said "even that john snow" flippantly and he kind of rolled his eyes at her like he knew that she was interested in him and then when on to say that john was in love with her. 
    Everything in the show has significance now especially that there are so few episodes, they don't have time to waste on irrelevant things. he looked very sad standing by the door, which must be for a reason. i just think if he has romantic feelings they are coming from left field and have been put in very clumsily. I think there will be another reason.
  • I just thought of something. Is it possible that Bran sent a raven and Tyrion read it? So he knows that Dany & Jon are related and he was sad because he doesn't want to break the news to them. I know incest isn't that big of a thing but I'm sure it would be disarming 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• I just thought of something. Is it possible that Bran sent a raven and Tyrion read it? So he knows that Dany & Jon are related and he was sad because he doesn't want to break the news to them. I know incest isn't that big of a thing but I'm sure it would be disarming

Arrhhi cant ant get out of the quote box. Lol. I hope that's what it is, but the more I think about it the more I think tyrion betrayed dany to cerci. It makes so much sense. Why did she change her mind and come back to make the fake truce? Why didn't we see the crucial part of the meeting where she changed her mind? Why did she call Jamie the dumbest Lannister?? I'm so sad tyrion has been my fav all along. But it just makes since he would want to protect his niece/nephew. 
  • Ashoes123 said:
    @babyjjl2018 Bran needs to get down from his acid trip and start talking to people. He could save the world if he wanted to right now. 
    RIGHT!!! like he so emo/aggy right now and its time for him to wake up and drop some gems. 

1. Jon you are not a Snow, you are a Targeryan, Matter of fact you real name is.....
    2. Sansa, littlefinger had father killed and has been manipulating you since day one

Oh Danny outifts are HAWT, so HAWT that the dress she wore in season 5, eps 7, i told my designer friend  i need him to recreate something as fab as that outfit lol 
    You got your wishes!

HAHA i sure did!!! We know his real name!!! #faints

Push me to the edge, little fingers dead! :D:D:D

Danny will become pregnant though ;)

Long hail the Dragon Wolf  King!!!
  • I do wonder if they are going to pull the same thing they did with the Sansa/Arya storyline and lead the audience to believe Tyrion betrayed Dany for Cersei, but in the end he is actually playing Cersei for the long game.    He's an audience favorite and has been one of the only characters thats been on the moral straight  path the entire series, so I don't think he would suddenly full out betray Dany.  However it is plausible that he may have sacrificed Jon Snow in some sort of deal and that's why he looks so sad.  

Also, the meeting with Cersei wasnt a total bust after all as it got Jaimie on their side, and he may be able to rally more troops to fight against the white walkers.