February 2018 Moms

Game of Thrones Discussion

Re: Game of Thrones Discussion

• Ashoes123 said:
    The real question I'm dying to know is.... do we think Dany and Jon are going to end up hooking up/ getting married  despite the fact they are aunt and nephew? Targeryans are incestuous after all.  I feel like most GOT fans at this point would still totally be on board with this (myself included). We're pretty much numb to this sort of scandal at this point and those 2 have so much chemistry!

@rainafire77 that's so interesting about Tyrion. It makes sense since Tyrion is so different acting and looking from the Lannister, although I feel like the tv show would have foreshadowed it a bit more if that's the direction they were going.  Did Tywin say the "mad kings bastard" in the show?  There's still the question of who will ride the third dragon, unless the show decides to sacrifice one in a battle.
    I'm not sure. I'd have to go back and research the early seasons. Hell he could've I'm passing (or someone could have) and it's been forgotten until now.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• The hair and makeup folks gave up on making Tyrion even look like a Lannister after just a couple of episodes! He used to have dyed blonde-ish hair, but now he's all brown. I think in the books his hair is described as almost white.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Loading the player...
  • I am SO happy I finally caught up and can join this thread.  DH won't watch with me and I so needed to decompress after finishing the last episode!  I've been thinking about Gilly's reveal, too.  I think they wanted us to think Jon and Dany are going to get together, but in the end it was so platonic, I don't think it's going to happen.  I do think she will realize he is the rightful heir to the throne, though...  And the whole thing with Cersei being pregnant... she has to have made it up.  The timing is too good...
  • BTW I'm so not for Dany + Jon coupling up. I know being related doesn't really matter in that world, depending on the family, and it has nothing to do with that. I just don't like them together lol. Again, I have a bias cuz I don't like Dany in general. Plus even though Jorah is Captain of the Friend Zone, I always wished Dany would melt her cold heart and let him love her! 
  • RaeleenD said:
    @jennifer_m21 i don't think they said where they are going. Perhaps Gilly wanted to say something and Sam interrupted her again.

I said the same thing to my husband! It's winter..where are your hats?!

(Edited bc it cut off half my text)
    So I recently learned that the guys on GoT don't wear hats because they want us to recognize more faces on the show. Makes sense, but still..maybe some ear warmers would help?
  • clc515 said:
    BTW I'm so not for Dany + Jon coupling up. I know being related doesn't really matter in that world, depending on the family, and it has nothing to do with that. I just don't like them together lol. Again, I have a bias cuz I don't like Dany in general. Plus even though Jorah is Captain of the Friend Zone, I always wished Dany would melt her cold heart and let him love her! 
    I might be the only person who doesn't think Dany and Jon have any chemistry. Dany and Tyrion, on the other hand...
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• clc515 said:
    BTW I'm so not for Dany + Jon coupling up. I know being related doesn't really matter in that world, depending on the family, and it has nothing to do with that. I just don't like them together lol. Again, I have a bias cuz I don't like Dany in general. Plus even though Jorah is Captain of the Friend Zone, I always wished Dany would melt her cold heart and let him love her! 
    I might be the only person who doesn't think Dany and Jon have any chemistry. Dany and Tyrion, on the other hand...
    I'm still of the opinion that Tyrion is Dany's older brother. Not that this matters with the Targaryans of course.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Not posting anything specific or spoilery just yet, but oh my god, this episode!!! 
  • That episode stressed me out entirely too much. I need to decompress and process. 
  • Yeah I need time to grieve. 
  • OMG. And its not even the finale. Omg. 
  • Me after this last episode:

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• I hate where the Sansa/arya story. Line is going.... please let them be conspiring together to get littlefinger!!! 
    I also don't want john/Danny to happen even though I love both characters- I just want them to realise they are family and love each other platonically lol
  • I was literally on the edge of my seat the whole time. Can Sunday come soon, please?

• *****Warning about spoilers below if you haven't yet watched:

The dragon!!! Poor Viserion. :( I was so afraid that was going to happen. I'm wondering if his ice dragon-ness is how the white walkers are going to bring down the wall...
  • I'm pissed at Arya and her complete lack of humanity or compassion. Sansa hasn't gone into detail about what she endured, but c'mon, Arya, give her the benefit of the doubt! I'm holding onto hope that this whole thing is a plot between them to screw Littlefinger.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface I agree!! I wish that Brienne would have stayed in Winterfell.

Also, when did Gendry train for a cold weather marathon? He got to Eastwatch really quick.

I also thought that Tyrion was going to ride one of the dragons for a hot minute.
  • Ashoes123Ashoes123 member
    edited August 2017
    All the Stark kids are pretty broken now. I have to admit, I've never been a fan of Sansa, she seems so bratty and stuck up.  The way she speaks to Brienne? Ugh.  I think Arya has a point about Sansa wanting to relinquish control from Jon too. I love Arya but pulling a knife on your sister is really testing my love.

Tormen talking about Brienne was the absolute BEST. I need to see them as a couple now, dont let me down GOT!!

Sorry Jon and Dany naysayers, I think they are totally going to have a baby together. They pushed it on us so much this episode. Mentioning Danny can't have a baby twice then Jorah telling Jon he wants him to pass longclaw on to his children.   

Also, anyone see what happened to dragon #3? She brought 3 dragons with her right? Did the 3rd fly off when the second one died?  I thought he was going to reappear to save Jon. So sad, RIP dragon.

What will the ice dragon breath? Blue flames that turn everything to ice? If so, he wouldn't be able to "burn down" the wall, but he could build an ice bridge over it. 

ETA: saved it before I finished ETA2: I can never get the dragons names right.
  • Last nights episode was so EPICCCCC!!! OMG i cant wait for next week. If it leaks im watching it. I wont be able to hold off til Sunday. #bittingnails
  • @Ashoes123 it was Viserion that died. Rhaegal dipped after Viserion fell. Drogon nearly got hit but he zigged zagged the hell out the say. Rickon could have learned a few things.

When battle time comes,
    Viserion against his brothers, Rhaegal and Drogon, it will be a true battle of fire and ice.

I need Brann to stop playing games and tell Jon already lol 

• @babyjjl2018 Bran needs to get down from his acid trip and start talking to people. He could save the world if he wanted to right now. 
  • I love that Bran is like, i have to talk to jon. They have ravens. You can occupy a raven and make sure it gets to jon. But noooooo. Wtf bran!

I do love arya and im even okay with her threatening sansa cuz arya is so loyal to jon, but overall their subplot is not that interesting to me. Fun tidbit and foreshadowing though, second season tyrion gets a close up saying "lady sansa, you may survive us all".  I bet she does. 

Also, ugh still not for jon and dany getting together. 
  • Great episode all around! I can't wait for next week! I'm so disappointed about the dragon. I wonder what it will breathe and can only imagine the next big battle with the white walkers now that they have a dragon. 
  • @jennifer_m21 OMG that jacket

I feel terrible for Dany, because imagine she goes back to the north to fight the war and sees her undead dragon fighting against her. I hope she doesn't try to get him to recognize her and end up fried.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Oh me too @jennifer_m21.  That outfit was killer. 
  • @jennifer_m21 I want the name of her stylist on Dragonstone! That coat was amazing. 
  • @jennifer_m21 I want the name of her stylist on Dragonstone! That coat was amazing. 
    I know, right? And her lover-to-be or not-to-be gets to wear IKEA rugs. Ha!
  • Ashoes123 said:
    @babyjjl2018 Bran needs to get down from his acid trip and start talking to people. He could save the world if he wanted to right now. 
    RIGHT!!! like he so emo/aggy right now and its time for him to wake up and drop some gems. 

1. Jon you are not a Snow, you are a Targeryan, Matter of fact you real name is.....
    2. Sansa, littlefinger had father killed and has been manipulating you since day one

Oh Danny outifts are HAWT, so HAWT that the dress she wore in season 5, eps 7, i told my designer friend  i need him to recreate something as fab as that outfit lol 
  • Not that I'm counting down or anything... but almost season 7 finale time!!! 
  • Ahhhhhh the finale!!!! 
  • Ashoes123 said:
    @babyjjl2018 Bran needs to get down from his acid trip and start talking to people. He could save the world if he wanted to right now. 
    RIGHT!!! like he so emo/aggy right now and its time for him to wake up and drop some gems. 

1. Jon you are not a Snow, you are a Targeryan, Matter of fact you real name is.....
    2. Sansa, littlefinger had father killed and has been manipulating you since day one

Oh Danny outifts are HAWT, so HAWT that the dress she wore in season 5, eps 7, i told my designer friend  i need him to recreate something as fab as that outfit lol 
    You got your wishes!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @babybro218 Me too! Only I saw Jon & Dany (who wasn't Lady Gaga lol) had had twins and then Jon died riding a dragon against the Night King (who also died) and Dany and his son and daughter sat on the Iron Throne with Arya at her side as a Kingsguard, Tyrion as her hand and Bran as the weird Maester dude. Don't know where Sansa was. Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• GoT made its way into my weird pregnancy dreams last night, only Dany was Lady Gaga and I woke up with Bad Romance stuck in my head.
    I also had a GoT pregnancy dream the other night in anticipation of the finale. Definitely dreamed a different ending. It involved the final battle, was at Winterfell, and ended with Jon and Daenerys having powers to physically move the Iron Islands in the water. So weird. But entertaining, nonetheless.

Anyway, I loved last night's episode!! I've been team Jon/Dany since I started the series in 2011. I definitely cheered when Littlefinger got outplayed by the Starks. I think this show has made me a bad person, cheering for a death and rooting for an incestuous relationship (though on a much more mild scale than the twincest of the Lannisters). I'm thrilled that they've finally openly confirmed Jon's parentage. Obviously we all assumed it for awhile, but it was nice to have it acknowledged and for other characters to finally know too!
    I predicted the season would end with the wall coming down and figured it would be the dragon that did it last episode. Still stunning and horrifying to see though! Waiting for the final season is going to be so difficult. Hopefully The Winds of Winter will be released before then and give us something to enjoy in the meantime. 
  • GoT made its way into my weird pregnancy dreams last night, only Dany was Lady Gaga and I woke up with Bad Romance stuck in my head.
    I also had a GoT pregnancy dream the other night in anticipation of the finale. Definitely dreamed a different ending. It involved the final battle, was at Winterfell, and ended with Jon and Daenerys having powers to physically move the Iron Islands in the water. So weird. But entertaining, nonetheless.

Anyway, I loved last night's episode!! I've been team Jon/Dany since I started the series in 2011. I definitely cheered when Littlefinger got outplayed by the Starks. I think this show has made me a bad person, cheering for a death and rooting for an incestuous relationship (though on a much more mild scale than the twincest of the Lannisters). I'm thrilled that they've finally openly confirmed Jon's parentage. Obviously we all assumed it for awhile, but it was nice to have it acknowledged and for other characters to finally know too!
    I predicted the season would end with the wall coming down and figured it would be the dragon that did it last episode. Still stunning and horrifying to see though! Waiting for the final season is going to be so difficult. Hopefully The Winds of Winter will be released before then and give us something to enjoy in the meantime. 
    I can't remember..Is Winds of Winter the last book or is there one more?

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• I really enjoyed last night's episode!

Beside's getting a great view of Jon's butt, we got to see Littlefinger get what he deserved, the Wall come down (I hope Tormund is still alive!) and watching Cersei's plan unfold. Do you think Tyrion and Cersei were scheming during their meeting? Now that he knows she is pregnant, I am wondering if he will try to protect her in some way.
  • @jennifer_m21 Jon's butt definitely found it's way into my dream...
  • @jennifer_m21 Jon's butt definitely found it's way into my dream...
    I may rewatch that scene again.

Dany: I can't have children.
    Jon: We'll see about that :)