February 2018 Moms

Game of Thrones Discussion

We keep talking about it, so I'm starting A GoT discussion thread!  :) I'm not creative enough to come up with specific questions, so feel free to just discuss. Obviously beware of spoilers if you haven't watched yet!!

Attempting my first bump gif:

Re: Game of Thrones Discussion

• Great episode last night. I'm actually dysecting it right now with my Dad because we're super nerdy 
  • I loved that episode! Don't dismiss Sansa! i think she is going to utilise her siblings talents to save them all!  God I hope the dragon is okay! I also am certain Jamie is going to live, and bron
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashhsa I could see Sansa doing that, she is so conniving now, and it is so clear that she is jealous of Arya and perhaps Bran as well. But I read somewhere that she will be fairly "unlikable" this seasons so we will see!

I overheard someone in my office say "my allegiance was STILL with Bron until he pointed that arrow" and I was like "SAME" (across the office, very professional). I felt like I still loved him up to that moment and even though I don't really believe that Dany has the claim to the throne, I was very scared for her dragons. 

I also believe Jamie will live because I believe he will be the one to kill Cersei or at least provide some other life altering function. My cousin believes he is the lightbringer and I could also see that. 

I am also listening to two people in my office talk and saying dumb things and I want to jump in so badly but I won't be that nerd that doesn't understand social customs.....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was so anxious during the battle scene!! I love Bronn, but learned I'm completely team Dany when he was aiming the giant crossbow at the dragon! Suddenly I was okay if he got roasted. 
    I was so excited to see Arya's homecoming! I loved her scene with Brienne!! Really, the whole episode was awesome and I loved it!
  • I was all "don't you dare kill that Dragon!"

My husband summed it up best when Dany flew in over the Dothraki. "I've waited 7 seasons for this moment."

Also I'm kinda #TeamHorse because they got the short end of the stick for sure last night!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• I also really like how well this season they are portraying the effects of war on the people- how they were talking about flogging the stranglers- "convincing" farmers to give up crops ect- there have been little things like that every episode to make you remember it's not just your fave characters lives that hang in the balance. And how cruel and pointless it all is. 
  • The Arya-Brienne scene was my favorite! Arya has been one of my favs since the beginning, and I hope she finishes her list. I do think Sansa has the jealousy going since ALL her living siblings have either become king or extremely talented at something, and wonder what she and Littlefinger will end up doing. DH thinks Bran gave the dagger to Arya cuz she'll be fighting white walkers at some point and will need it, but I think it's for revenge.

Maybe this is an UO Thursday thing, but I just don't like Dany lol. Down with her team and all about her ruling if there'll be peace, and I like the dragons, but she never blinks and her facial expressions kill me! 
  • I cant get over Sansa's devotion to Littlefinger. This man essentially sold her to her rapist, tried to creepy seduce her because she looked like her mother, killed her Aunt, sided with the Lannisters, etc etc etc. I can't figure out why she's still looking to him for advice and counsel!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• She's using Littlefinger bc she needs his army @rainafire77.  I think she is going to end up killing him.

If that dragon dies I'm going to be a mess.
  • Yes @chucksmom15 I think so too, I feel she is being underestimated, I don't get the jealously vibe, I think she is just thinking how can I use these things to my advantage (like littlefinger taught her) also I think she is learning from littlefinger but I think she sees through him better than any other charachter at this point- that was obvious when she seemed so concerned that he had given bran the dagger and she said "he is not a generous man" and the other week when she said "I know exactly what he wants" I do think Sansa will be littlefingers undoing!
  • I do agree that Sansa will be his undoing, @ashhsa, but at what expense! I don't know that she's ever been good at seeing everything the way he does. You can think you know it all, but fail miserably (like Theon). 

Side note, I've been rewatching season 1 and there's so much happening now that ties directly back to it... I also think the writing dialogue wise was much stronger back then, but it was a smaller world then.
  • Last night's episode was badass from start to finish. I didn't want it to end! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself once it's all over. 
  • @rachelleck I was the same way the last season's of Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @rainafire77 I had a similar thought to your husband, "She's finally laying waste to the Lannisters with FIRE!" That whole sequence was so badass. Next she has to go burn the fleet that's trapped Grey Worm at Casterly Rock.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @ashhsa  I agree that Sansa sees right through Littlefinger and I think she'll get rid of him as soon as she doesn't need him anymore.  I love that each episode this season is jammed packed unlike previous seasons that seemed to drag and had much more build up than action. I can't wait to see who ends up on the iron throne and how the show will be eventually wrapped up but I will be devastated when it's over.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • clc515 said:
    Side note, I've been rewatching season 1 and there's tso much happening now that ties directly back to it... I also think the writing dialogue wise was much stronger back then, but it was a smaller world then.
    YES! Like this dialogue:
    Jon: How many do we have in our army, ten thousand? Less??
    Davos: Fewer
    Jon: what?

Was a throwback to when Stannis corrected Davos's grammar: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zXINZxodu9U

There are so many little things to catch onto in GOT.

Also, Bran saying "chaos is a ladder" to Littlefinger and seeing him sh** himself was awesome. 

Why is Bran not telling Sansa all about Littlefinger and his involvement in Neds death  and just getting him killed already!? Is that what he gave Arya the dagger for?

• @Ashoes123 I LOVED the callback to Stannis when Davis corrected Jon's grammar with fewer!!
  • @Ashoes123 Aaaah I didn't even catch that one, but I LOVE it (being a grammar nerd myself lol).  I also had to look up why Littlefinger looked freaked after that convo with Bran cuz it seemed so significant. Can't wait to see how that plays out. 
  • Do yourself a favor and watch the Game of Jones clip from Seth Myers. It is almost as good as the episode itself :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MrsJ2410 omg that was amazing.
  • MrsJ2410 said:
    Do yourself a favor and watch the Game of Jones clip from Seth Myers. It is almost as good as the episode itself :) 
    Hilarious!
  • I was crying laughing at game of Jones. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Just watched Game of Jones. She is hilarious! Only a few more days until the next episode!
  • I finally just caught up on the last episode! It was awesome! I didn't even catch that Bran was quoting Little Finger with "chaos is a ladder." So great! I can't wait for the next one!
  • MrsJ2410 said:
    Do yourself a favor and watch the Game of Jones clip from Seth Myers. It is almost as good as the episode itself :) 
    Omg that was hilarious! She cracks me up so much! Do they do this after every ep cuz if yes, looove!
  • what did you guys think of last night's episode? So much going on! Obviously, spoilers - Gendry comes back (had to look up who this character was since it's been too long), Drogon recognized Jon as a Targaryen (aww!), and now Cersei is pregnant? Also...Littlefinger trying to get in between Arya and Sansa! I really enjoyed this episode because it sets up for the remaining two.
  • I've been telling my DH for awhile that I think Jon is going to ride a dragon, and I think this episode got us closer to that.  :smiley:

I was sad that Sam's brother died (less sad about his dad, he was kinda a jerk). I'm a little shocked about another baby from Cersei. This one is bound to be crazy, given an earlier season's quote about the odds being 50/50. And I am feeling some anxiety about what Littlefinger is up to. I wish someone would put him in prison just for good measure.
  • So I was reading a summary of the ep on NYT and it quoted the prophecy from way back to Cersei that she would only have 3 children... so I'm suspect if a) baby is real and/or b) baby will make it. I mean Jamie is devout, so saying she's preggo would solidify his unquestionable allegiance... for now.

But overall I loved the ep. SO many reunions, though I don't think there was enough time for all of them. I wish Dany's and Jorahs would be... just more. Also Gendry looks like he could be Christian Bale's kid brother, haha! Loved his interaction w/ Jon Snow!
  • Last night's episode felt random and rushed. All of a sudden there's Gendry, and just as quickly they're off to Dragonstone, and BAM there's Jorah, then in a flash everyone is back at the Wall. With only 7 episodes I guess they gotta get right to it!

And Cersei pregnant? I dunno. My coworker was like "I bet Qyburn had something to do with it and it's really The Mountain's Frankenstein baby or something." Just seems a little too convenient, like a woman suddenly getting pregnant when her boyfriend is about to dump her...

And RIP Dickon. I thought he had potential.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• I think Cersei needed to believe Jamie would be loyal to her, so she plays the pregnancy card. We know Cersei doesn't like Tyrion, but she knew that Jamie and him were meeting and let it happen. Also, if the prophecy is true, this baby is either fake or she'll end up losing it.

I did sense some jealousy with Jon when Dany and Jorah hugged. I also thought their reunion would be more exciting!
  • I felt like Cersei being pregnant was like the end of Season 1 of the OC when Ryan is just about to live happily ever after with Marissa and then Theresa tells him shes pregnant and he has to go back to Chino. Agree that it seems fishy given the prophecy and the timing and everything. I can't believe only two episodes left!!

I love the group that is heading north of the wall, its def dream team/varsity squad of badasses. I just have no idea how they are going to do anything against so many.  DH and I were speculating what Arya is going to do with that note, since it would clearly be very damaging for Sansa with the people of the north. And I feel like Sansa is really enjoying the power, and that could go in a bad direction (like she is getting more Cersei-like). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MrsJ2410 But with Sansa and the note I would really hope people would remember she was 14 and essentially a hostage and wouldn't hold it against her. Then again it's GoT and when there are dragons and zombies, reality goes out the window :)

@jennifer_m21 I thought I saw some looks on Dany's face when Jon said he needed to leave! She lurves him.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface - I noticed that, too! And Jorah is friendzoned yet again.

I may have missed it, but where are Sam and Gilly headed?

Another thought while while watching the group head North, why aren't they wearing anything to cover their heads?!
  • RaeleenDRaeleenD member
    edited August 2017
    @jennifer_m21 i don't think they said where they are going. Perhaps Gilly wanted to say something and Sam interrupted her again.

I said the same thing to my husband! It's winter..where are your hats?!

(Edited bc it cut off half my text)
  • ash0625ash0625 member
    edited August 2017
    I also felt like the episode was rushed. It was a lot to take in and I felt like it just jumped from scene to scene to fit it all in. 

Also, I want to punch littlefinger in the face. 

ETA: I love Sam's character, but I also wanted to punch him in the face when he ignored Gilly's revelation about the secret marriage! 
  • So best part is that Gilly's revelation means Jon has a stronger claim to the Iron Throne than even Dany does- could make for some interesting episodes to come!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DH: 32
    Me: 31
    Baby #1: BFP 1/30/14, EDD 9/28/14, natural MC @ 6 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 8/1/2014, EDD 4/9/2015, It's a GIRL: Addison Elizabeth!

• rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited August 2017
    Finally watched last night! I had to explain the Gilly reveal to my husband because he couldn't understand why I was freaking out. 

Now here's my theory (Long...sorry): three dragons, three Targaryans right? Tyrion is the third Targaryan and Sunday all but proved it. Remember how he was also able to touch the dragons under the city when Dany had to chain them up? It's more in the book but the Mad King was "fond" of Lady Lannister and frequently tried to "bed her". In fact Tywin remarked that Tyrion was probably the Mad Kings bastard. Since there's massive inbreeding in the Targaryans, it would explain why Tywin would assume a dwarf son wouldn't be his blood and with Lady Lannisters dying in child birth there is no one to confirm or deny this.

So I think Dany's going to find out that Tyrion is her brother, Jon is her nephew (and rightful heir to the throne) and the three of them are going to ride dragons north to battle the White Walkers, who possibly have ice dragons. 

Can't wait to see if I'm right!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @rainafire77 I was thinking about the Tyrion as a Targaryan too thing, but I couldn't remember if it was a detail they talked about in the tv show. I remember in the book it was a big deal that he had different looks/eyes than the Lannisters. And he DID touch the dragon, soooo I'm with you on this one!

I can't wait til they all put it together of Bran's 3-eyed-raven memory combined with what Gilly read in the book and the timing for making baby Jon! 
  • The real question I'm dying to know is.... do we think Dany and Jon going to end up hooking up/ getting married  despite the fact they are aunt and nephew?? Targeryans are incestuous after all.  I feel like most GOT fans at this point would still totally be on board with this (myself included). We're pretty much numb to this sort of scandal at this point and those 2 have so much chemistry!
  • The real question I'm dying to know is.... do we think Dany and Jon are going to end up hooking up/ getting married  despite the fact they are aunt and nephew? Targeryans are incestuous after all.  I feel like most GOT fans at this point would still totally be on board with this (myself included). We're pretty much numb to this sort of scandal at this point and those 2 have so much chemistry!

@rainafire77 that's so interesting about Tyrion. It makes sense since Tyrion is so different acting and looking from the Lannister, although I feel like the tv show would have foreshadowed it a bit more if that's the direction they were going.  Did Tywin say the "mad kings bastard" in the show?  There's still the question of who will ride the third dragon, unless the show decides to sacrifice one in a battle.