Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Treatment and Testing Week of August 7

Re: IF Treatment and Testing Week of August 7

• @KristoKekerooni Your organization amazes me!! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Loading the player...
  • @laurad75 Good luck to you and your H picking out a donor!
    @dragonette505 EEEEEEK! YAY for IVF cycle so close around the corner
    @BusinessWife our insurance doesnt cover PGS either, and to do PGS you have to do ICSI (which our insurance doesnt cover either) so we are also debating whether to do it or not- its such a hard choice. I am glad your husbands incision looks good though!
    @TravelingCouple YAY for the move! I hope any stress you have disappears soon
    @KristoKekerooni Hugs lady. I am so sorry everything is stressful right now
  • kiwi2628 said:
    @laurad75 Good luck to you and your H picking out a donor!
    @dragonette505 EEEEEEK! YAY for IVF cycle so close around the corner
    @BusinessWife our insurance doesnt cover PGS either, and to do PGS you have to do ICSI (which our insurance doesnt cover either) so we are also debating whether to do it or not- its such a hard choice. I am glad your husbands incision looks good though!

No one told me that. Is that true? How much more does it cost? That never came up when we have been putting together our paperwork etc. Now I'm curious.

• @adirat  if you choose to do pgs because of the risk of contamination you have to do ICSI. I have to check my paperwork again but I think it was around $2500 just for ICSI without the pgs 
  • @adirat LI would be a hike, but worth it if it's a really good place. I'm wondering if an RE would interpret the results of the testing we've already done with our current RE and have a phone consult with me/us. I'd rather not repeat all tests if not necessary, but I don't feel entirely confident in our current RE.
  • @purplg8r wow that's a lot to take in!! I'm glad they jumped right into testing for you too (hopefully good for insurance purposes too!) and it sounds like she's on the ball and ready to get things moving!! Good luck with everything going forward! How do you feel about the appt??

I'm no expert (I legit just googled this the other day bc a friend was asking about it as I said follicle since that's what they were measuring each time) but I think the follicle basically houses the egg. 
  • @kiwi2628. I never knew that about ICSI + PGS. I guess it never came up because <i>not</i> doing ICSI was never an option for us. :/ Weird.
  • @adirat Yes, they reiterated at the IVF orientation that ICSI is needed for PGS. In our case, it's less than $750 more for IVF with ICSI than regular IVF, but I think it can vary quite a bit from clinic to clinic.
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • @purplg8r Wow! That's a lot of information to take in, but sounds like she's just being thorough. Was it what you expected?
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @adirat , @beachbunnyxo123 is correct. Old sperm that did not penetrate the egg will hang around on the egg/blastocyst for quite a while before they disintegrate, so there can be contamination of DNA not from the embryo unless you do ICSI, so to do PGS you must do ICSI, and since we don't have a MFI issue, our insurance won't pay for ICSI, so to do PGS we would have to pay for ICSI and PGS OOP
  • @purplg8r holy cow! That was quite the appointment! As someone who suffered from frequent headaches, I'm curious about yours. What are they like? How often do you get them? Last fall, I had over 20 headaches in a 90 day period. I found this to be excessive and talked to my pcp about it. I tried acupuncture for 4 sessions and I think it really helped. Plus, it's really relaxing so that's a benefit! We also found out this spring that our furnace had been leaking low levels of carbon monoxide, which I also think contributed to my headaches. They have definitely decreased but I still get a few a month. 

• @safire3 Oh man, sorry about the AMH.  I hope the nurse has some better news for you.
  • @safire3 oh girl, I'm so sorry your AMH dropped. How incredibly frustrating. I hope the RE is able to assuage some of your concerns. FX you get several good follies! Hugs, friend.  <3

• @safire3 I am so sorry about your AMH. Hugs

@adirat and @dragonette505 now I am doing some research- some labs require it while others don't, and there is some debate about whether it is helpful or not, so I wouldn't be too worried
  • @safire3 I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry about your AMH numbers dropping.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @dpjennifer Good for you on sticking to your diet! 

@purplg8r I feel like those are pretty high numbers.  I had 14 on one and 17 on another on a day 3 AFC, and while my nurse said it was a good number, my RE said that it was too high.  I haven't heard of them doing AFCs after ovulation though.  You should be able to check your patient portal for the exact results.  I also got an Ovarian Assessment document a few weeks later that helped explain all of the numbers and how the correlate in my situation.  Did they mention doing Day 3 bloodwork?  I second @dragonette505 that it does sound a little PCOS, but that diagnosis is hard to explain.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the high AFC count or questions about PCOS.  Hugs girl.

• @safire3 ugh! So sorry about the AMH number... so stressful :(
    @kiwi2628 I actually think that makes sense, what you said earlier.... It just sux that there are so many different standards and practices. :/

• Thanks @adirat I lurked that whole thread when I first found out about my low AMH and it did give me some hope. 

@BusinessWife I'm so thankful that I will hopefully be going through this with some of you! Will you start stims on CD1?

@KariAnn323 that sucks. I hope you get it first thing in the morning and FX for good results. 
  • @safire3. Pretty much, yes I'll start on CD3!!!