August 2017 Moms
Options

TW/BF 7/24

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: TW/BF 7/24

• Options
    @bumpybump DH is the same way when it comes to doing special things together. I was trying to explain to him how excited and stressed I am about the 2 weeks when LO arrives and before DS starts school. I'm excited for us to spend time as a family but stressed about still being able to spend time with DS and take care of LO. DH's response "well we can always send DS to my parents house, they're willing to help with anything" They just don't get it!!!! 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom is just stressing me out right now. I call to talk and she just says stuff that stresses me out worse. I'm having really bad anxiety about going into labor and not being able to find someone to watch DS and get me to the hospital. She keeps naming random family members of DH and doesn't understand why they can't come or why I wouldn't want them.  She said well you have to call someone. Well I'm obviously not going to just sit here. 
  • Options
    @bumpybump I'm sorry your DH is being a twat. Do you have a children's museum in your area? We went to ours yesterday with my brother, SIL, cousin and their kiddos. There were plenty of benches to sit on for me and the kids had a blast. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    @smallbutmighty77 Your family sounds like mine.  My mom wants baby to come on the 11th (after due date) becuase its a weekend day and the start of her vacation, so she can get here easier.  DHs family all wants the 8th (actual due date), becuase of a freaky family birthday tradition (many people with 1/1, 2/2 etc. birthdays).  and Im a twat to myself for really hoping that baby comes after the 30th, becuase of other family being here/not being here.  However, when I think realistically, I just want him to come when he is ready, and if that means today, great, if its 3 weeks from now, great.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @HappyToBeHere that gif is how I feel right now! We have a big external quality audit at work this week and my mgr is out on vacay so I'm the back up. I've had ppl tell me to "Keep the baby in until after the audit" and I want to say - back the EFF off! Like I can control when the baby decides to come. Ppl are so stupid!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @smallbutmighty77 sorry everyone is pressuring you (as if it's within your control anyways). My sister is flying out for a week around my due date before she starts grad school because she wants to meet the LO if possible but has put zero pressure on me to have the baby while she's here which, hadn't even occurred to me but I now really appreciate.

DH's parents are going to fly out to visit and I decided a while ago they could come 5 weeks after LO is born. That means they can either book something now for 7 weeks after our due date in case I'm late or wait until the baby is born and potentially come sooner. I still don't know what their plan is and I can't tell if DH isn't communicating with them or if they're up in the air or - god forbid - think I'm going to change my mind and let them come earlier (I am not!).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Right now what is bothering me is that everyone tells me I don't think you will make it past this week because your belly looks so big but I keep surviving lol. DH family yesterday was like please don't have the baby here at the house. In my head I was like heck to the NO I am not having a July baby. They are claiming this next baby will be theirs to spoil because my DD is spoiled by my parents but that is because my parents have been there since before she was born while she was being born and after. My MIL lives around the corner and she only went to visit at the hospital and then after I would come over to her house so she could see DD and I am just tired of being the one coming over when they should come over and visit. Now I been keeping my distance and DD cries when she sees them. She does not see them as much as she sees my side of the family. It is frustrating me because they want to be at the hospital and I don't want them there until the next day baby is born and I know that same thing will happen this time around where they will come to hospital and that will probably be it. This time around I am not leaving my house until I feel like it with my girls.

• Options
    @BlackNYellow we have an annual membership for our Science Center which is similar to a Children's Museum. We frequent that a lot too. They are closed on Mondays.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    All the people telling me when I should/ should not have the baby. 1st it was my mom in the hospital telling me not to have LO til she was out, now she is home but my sister is in NY and told me to wait til she was home, but also don't go late b/c they have a family vacation in 3weeks. FIL is going out of town for work the day after her due date-so this week works for him. SIL is out of town weekend after due date so before that is best. I am supposed to be at an event Aug. 1st so if I could make it to that-it is preferred. Like are you all kidding me?!?!?
    This is my family too. My inlaws decided to go to France until August 4. MIL has basically demanded I wait until she's home to have the baby...as if it's my choice. I don't feel bad if they miss the birth. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Also, my neighbors decided that doing construction was a good idea. It's been over a week and no end in sight. They better have it done by the time this baby is out. Jackhammers all day, waking up DD every freaking time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    I decided this week to just get some stuff done that will need to be done soon but isn't due yet  (passport renewal, car registration,  etc.) and I got *nothing* done today despite being in offices all day. My DH gets to work 5-5 most days but the passport office closes at 2:30???? Sweet.
    My car failed inspection because I had a running light out. Pull out of the place to grab the bulb and replace it and it's working just fine. Ask the guy and he told me I was the last car for the day so I'd have to have it reinspected tomorrow..  :| 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband just asked if the hospital has a gym because he's "going to be bored" after delivering the baby and wants to work out. Ummm, I almost lost my shit when he said  this but tried to calmly say that he has no idea what post delivery and having the baby here will be like and I would like it if he stuck around and didn't work out at least until we got home. Am I crazy?!
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    If I get one more email at work asking if I can finish one more project before the baby comes I'll lose my shit. I don't know how many times I have to tell people that the baby may come tomorrow or in a month so, although I can start new projects, I can't guarantee that I'll finish anything that I start right now. 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @smallbutmighty77 I'm so sorry! When people ask me when Landon is going to arrive, I tell them "he's does what he wants, when he wants. Hell if I know!"
  • Options
     @mrsjqg1024 My DH would be the same way if this were our first instead of our 3rd. He has a strict workout regimen that he sticks to, and I'm okay with it because it keeps him healthy and less stressed...but if I don't keep him in check with it, he would definitely let it take priority over more important things. 

Tell your DH if he has time to be bored, he'll have time to hold a baby while you take a nap or shower. 
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @mrsjqg1024 I was just asking in the FTM check-in board if DH will realistically have time to go to the gym during his paternity leave. Idk what I'd say if he asked about working out but as a FTM, I have no idea if that's ridiculous or not. I was thinking DH might want to go home and sleep in our bed if he's having a tough time sleeping at the hospital so that one of us is rested when we come home. Maybe on day 2 (or later if you have a c-section) it might be possible but idk? I feel guilty that DH won't be able to bond as much since I'll be breastfeeding so if he's going stir crazy and I don't need his support for the next hour or so, I'd probably encourage it (or at least bringing a pair of sneakers in case) but I really have no idea. Any chance he's feeling like he won't have a role and it'd help to talk about how he can support you at the hospital? I feel like this was DH's concern before our childbirth class.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Double white lines on the freeway that make it illegal to change lanes. We ended up taking the scenic (read: inconvenient) way to IKEA because I couldn't get out of the left lane to get there the easy way. It also threw me off that they completely rebuilt the IKEA and parking lot since the last time I'd been there. At least the actual shopping experience wasn't bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's pretty ridiculous that anyone would tell a pregnant women when she can or can't have her baby. People have to know we literally have no control over it (outside of scheduled Cs and inducement for medical concerns). 

My friend's husband was getting pressured at work as his wife neared her due date- sending him on jobs that were too far for comfort, requesting he do things he may not be able to follow through on. When my friend was in labor he literally had to take a work call and say "I'm at the hospital for my child's birth, CLIENT CAN WAIT."

On another note, Pregnant Chicken drew my attention to www dot haveyouhadthatbabyyet dot com and not only is it worth a chuckle, I'm very tempted to use it on people. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @bumpybump I'm starting to get a little frustrated about a lack of a name too.  DH doesn't like talking about names until the end.  We had 1 conversation months ago and he didn't put up a fight with my girl's name suggestion.  However, if I had to guess, my money would be on this baby being boy #3.  We have 1 possible first name that we discussed, but really haven't settled on and no middle name at all.  I don't even know if I really want to use the name we tossed around especially without seriously looking at other names.  I have a slightly irrational fear that I'm going to go into labor soon and not only will we not have a name at birth, but we won't be able to figure it out before it's time to be discharged.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Some elderly woman who I guess was a great aunt or something told me at SILs baby shower to wait till Aug 24 so I could have baby on her husband's birthday. She tried to tell me to have them reschedule my c section for 13 days past my due date. 

FIL told me it was ok if this baby is ugly because DS is cute and SILs baby is cute so as long as 2 out of the 3 grandsons are cute he can live with that. 
  • Options
    @MetsGirl18 I find boy names so hard! I literally went through a naming site alphabetically and made a list of ones that didn't "bother" me. I guess I shouldn't have told DH that because he was then trying to come up with some unique names that o hadn't seen yet and might like. Umm, no. Just look through that damn list I sent you and work from there! 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @bumpybump ITA about boys names being hard.  DH and I tend to have pretty different tastes when it comes to names yet we've been able to find common ground fairly easily when it comes to girls names.  Last time, we had a girls name almost immediately because it was one of the few names we discussed even before kids that we both liked.  We were still figuring out boy names when I went to the doctor's office to confirm that my water had broken and DS2 didn't have a name for 24 hours.  I want to be more settled with a name this time around even if we go to the hospital with a few choices and decide on one right after delivery like we did with DS1.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My husband saying "you can't bring a fan in the room it will mess with my allergies". I'm sleeping in a tank top and underwear and nothing covering me. I wake up several times a night dripped in sweat. He can take meds there is nothing I can do about lost sleep. I had to put this on here as we talked about it again last night. Guess who's buying a small desk fan today?! 
  • Options
    @MetsGirl18 and @bumpybump  I am finding girls names so much harder then boys names.  With DS we already had a top 3 that we liked and a number 1 choice I loved.  I have been through two naming sites alphabetically and still fell so-so on all of the ones I have picked  I give DH a list too, and at this point would love suggestions off the list just to mix it up a little.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Blows my mind with people and the comments they have regarding your pregnancy like they are Doctors and can give us all 2 cents in the world.
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 When I was growing up, my parents had a very strict rule that any toy we were gifted either could not make sound, or if it did, must stay at the gifters house.  My Dads mom always bought us loud toys, so she ended up creating a play room for us.  It did help that my whole family lived within 30 minutes of each other, so things didnt go to waste, but I would love to set up a similar rule with mine.  We will see if that works  :D
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I tried so very hard to set that rule. At Christmas she bought so much DH said we had to bring some home. She got electric drums, a plastic bongo filled with whistles, maracas, drum sticks, etc, and a mini key board.  That's what came home with us in addition to several things that don't make noise.  When I say no, she says, but he likes it. Of course he does. Guess what, we're the adults and we make the decisions, not him.  They live 15 min away and he sees them a good bit, so it may go back over there very soon. 
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 I told the family, if it doesn't have an off switch it does not come in my house!

My FIL and his brother used to try and one up each other for the gifts they bought each others kids...so DH got this loud rocket launch thing, his cousin would get a dart balloon paint kit, SIL got glitter art, other cousin got talking baby. Back and forth-I think the wives finally declared the battle was over before they killed their kids, the toys and their husbands.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 yeah, I used to just leave them off, but now he's figured out how to turn them on and off himself. I'm very close to taking the batteries out.
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 I can distinctly remember a few christmas nights where we went home with nothing but clothing, becuase my Dad refused to let us bring anything with sound home.  Something tells me its going to be harder for me to enforce that rule though. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 MIL is such a pleaser. She and FIL go way over the top with gifts. I didn't grow up like that. Every year they say they're cutting back and every year they buy more and more, for us and DS, along with SIL and her husband. This year they will have 3 grandsons to buy for so I'm hoping they reign it in some.  She asks what he needs, gets that, and then goes and buys even more stuff. They pay no attention to if it's age appropriate or not. It's infuriating. 
  • Options
    Last night my FIL (who, bless him, means well but has no filter) asked me how bad my stretch marks were since my skin is so tight. I asked if he wanted me to draw them on a map so he could decide how bad they were.

:/

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm the twat... being home all day and having serious trouble kicking old habits from when I had a job and a you know a PAYCHECK.. I've been online shopping  :s I don't know what's wrong with me!! Boredom...