March 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread - Week of 7/24

Re: Symptoms Thread - Week of 7/24

• Options
    kalawakalawa member
    @kforbes14 I have 2 DS's...the pregnancies were SO different. I'm excited to see what the mess of symptoms I have this time will bring!
  • Options
    @kforbes14, with my last 2 pregnancies I started puking daily by 4.5 weeks. I'm 5 weeks today and so far no vomiting! It's got me totally paranoid even though *TW* my last 2 pregnancies ended in MC *End TW* My first pregnancy (my 2 year old DS), I started puking at 8 weeks. 

This is my 4th pregnancy and the first time I've had sore boobs!!

So I have some similarities in my pregnancies, but many differences too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes to the nausea when empty and nausea when full! How are you all deciding what to eat?
  • Options
    Today was the first day without nausea.  It was amazing!  I'm still super bloated and like everyone else has been saying, gassy.  Anytime I think of food I don't want to eat.  Nothing sounds good to eat.  I eat anyways because I know I should.  I get extremely blown up after eating.
  • Options
    tlcl13tlcl13 member
    rachaeles said:
    Today was the first day without nausea.  It was amazing!  I'm still super bloated and like everyone else has been saying, gassy.  Anytime I think of food I don't want to eat.  Nothing sounds good to eat.  I eat anyways because I know I should.  I get extremely blown up after eating.
    With you on the getting extremely blown up after eating. Its ridiculous. Maybe *TMI* but I took off my pants completely after lunch and had to unbutton and unzip them during dinner to survive. And to think this is only the beginning..... haha 
  • Options
    All day nausea. Today was the first day it wasn't awful. The only thing different is i didn't eat a few crackers before getting up. 
  • Options
    kforbes14 said:
    Anybody else feel better this time around compared to their last pregnancy? Maybe I'm having a boy this time?! Lol 
    I'm hoping this is a boy after 2 girls! My first two were easy and I'm dying this time!
  • Options
    Sore boobs, frequent urination, lots of bloat and so...much itch. My skin is so itchy I don't know if it's because of the pregnancy. So far no MS and I may not get it at all. I didn't have a day of MS with DS. 
  • Options
    KLmyzKLmyz member
    The exhaustion continues.  I basically live to nap! And I have a cycle of starving, eat, feel awesome and satisfied, so much bloat, gas and uncomfortableness, following by extreme hunger again.   Ugh.  
    i also get up like 4 times to pee in the night.  Driving DH crazy 
  • Options
    4w5d. Metallic taste in mouth and dry mouth no matter how much water I drink, dull cramping on and off, feeling warmer than normal and bloating. Also, I'm still breastfeeding (nights and morning only, since I gave up pumping at work when we hit the 1 yr mark) and my supply seems to have dropped pretty significantly to where my DS is pretty unsatisfied with what he's getting. It's kind of sad because he wants to nurse so badly, but can't get everything he wants from me and pulls away fussing and signing for more milk.  :(
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    kforbes14 said:
    Anybody else feel better this time around compared to their last pregnancy? Maybe I'm having a boy this time?! Lol 
    My last pregnancy with my DD was a piece of cake.  This time is completely different.  I'm thinking boy right now, but I thought boy last time.  I'm right for everyone but myself.
  • Options
    Well, I woke up today and actually feel pretty good.  I know that can be normal, but it still freaks you out.  I looked back in one of my journals with my last pregnancy and at eight weeks I said I didn't feel as bad.  I am only seven weeks today.  Who knows.  I am definitely ready to be out of the first tri.  Too much stress.
  • Options
    The vivid dreams are getting really old now.  It's been every single morning for the past week, and they're really detailed and random, and while they're not nightmares per se, they're not super enjoyable and are a little stressful.  Anyone know if these are supposed to go away after the first tri?
  • Options
    Constipated! I only had this much later last time. I'm nervous that I'm going to end up with haemorrhoids if this keeps up. Already taking stool softeners daily. Yikes :( 
  • Options
    @barrelocarol i've been relying on carbs. in the morning i'll have an english muffin or bagel thin to help settle my stomach a little and at least eat something, and if i'm up to it then i'll have something else like yogurt or eggs. for lunch my go to has been soup with a side of bread, the bread helps settle my stomach first and then the soup isn't too filling. and snacking throughout the day helps - almonds, plain crackers, dried fruits. for dinner i give into whatever seems appetizing, which last night was a box of annie's shells and cheese.  though i'd like to eat healthier than all carbs all the time, for now i'm just doing what i need to do to get by and eating healthier when i can and not worrying about it too much. 
  • Options
    kmallskmalls member
    Insomnia. Holy hell, the insomnia. It's always the first thing to hit me and this pregnancy seems to be no different. If I could just sleep that'd be greeeeeaat. 
  • Options
    Omg I feel like I smell so bad! Taking a second shower in less than 24 hours because I can't stand it! I don't know if it's the pregnancy nose, or if I'm really smelling worse than usual? 

Also, I wake up in the morning feeling like my entire abdomen is bruised? It's so weird. 
  • Options
    I'm still just dealing with fatigue.  I have a pit in my stomach, but I think it has to do with DD's dx (see post in STM check in) and is not nausea related.  Am feeling a bit bloated.  

@heatherdubrow I love BodyPump too!  I started it up again like two weeks ago, but then stopped when I found out I was pg as I know you're not supposed to start anything new - and let's just say I hadn't worked out before that in... a while.  I was using the Les Mills On Demand app to do the classes as I don't have a gym nearby that offers it.  It was pretty cool and I plan on subscribing again pp.

There's a Les Mills app???? I need to check this out.  I love love love BodyPump. Music and lifting combined -- genius!!
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Options
    babybluu said:
    Omg I feel like I smell so bad! Taking a second shower in less than 24 hours because I can't stand it! I don't know if it's the pregnancy nose, or if I'm really smelling worse than usual? 

Also, I wake up in the morning feeling like my entire abdomen is bruised? It's so weird. 
    @babybluu My first pregnancy brought on the sore abdomen like crazy. It was SO tender. I haven't had that this time around, nor did I have it with my second, but I can relate! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    About 6.5 weeks now. Main symptoms so far have been extreme fatigue, bloating, and vivid dreams. I'm not one who normally remembers my dreams, but they have been so strange lately and I remember every detail. Also have waves throughout the day of nausea. Normally I have a huge sweet tooth, but lately sweet things haven't really been appealing, and I just want salty things. 
  • Options
    Sore sore boobs and nipples -- which my nursing DS isn't helping :( nausea at work right now with no more food to munch on to help....ugh 
  • Options
    I feel so sorry for you mamas that actually puke from morning sickness. I couldn't imagine being nauseous all the time. I think what I'm feeling is nausea? But it's definitely not what some of you ladies are describing. That sounds awful. I hope it ends soon.
    I feel too full, if that makes sense. Even when I haven't eaten. Nothing sounds good. My titties feel like they are 40 pounds each. Oh, and I don't have any energy. None. I am sleeping like I drank NyQuil for breakfast on the daily.
  • Options
    dani103dani103 member
    edited July 2017
    The kind of nausea that makes you hungry, but makes it hard to eat. Excessive salivation. So tired. Palpitations. Vivid dreams. Crazy sense of smell.
    Married 5/12/2007
    DS 6/3/2016
    MC 1/12/2017
    BFP 7/19/2017
    EDD 3/31/2018

• Options
    4w4d and I've got sore boobs, vivid dreams and some pulling in my lower abdomen. Today I felt good which of course made me very nervous but the exhaustion set in the minute I left work. 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    @notthefather and @ABombard12 I'm glad I'm not the only one having heart palpitations, not glad that you have them but glad that it's normal. I didn't have this issue my first pregnancy.  There are times it wakes me up at night and I feel like I have a hard time catching my breath. My first appointment isn't until Monday and it's just to get my family history so I won't meet a doctor at that one but was going to mention it anyway.
  • Options
    @katester91 I was reading up on the palpitations and for what it's worth I read somewhere that staying hydrated helps. And we'll it's only been a day but I drank like two times what I did before and I didn't get much of the rough catch your breath palpitations today. But hey could be coincidence ha but worth a try :) 
  • Options
    @katester91

I would actually call tomorrow and ask to speak with a doctor.  While it is more than like nothing, heart palpitations coupled with shortness of breath should be discussed with your physician. It's better to just be safe with a symptom like that.
  • Options
    jgl907jgl907 member
    I am exhausted, nauseous, hungry, nauseous and my boobs are tingling. Also I'm nauseous.  Yesterday, I drove to the store in the neighboring village (I live off the road system in Alaska and our village is connected to another one) and had to pull over to puke on my way back. Anyone else having their morning sickness intensified by motion? I had the same issue when DH and I went boating last week. 
    JGL
  • Options
    @jgl907 I can't ever boat, pregnant or not, because, puke. Also amusement park rides and some water slides even. Boo. 
  • Options
    @katester91 I was reading up on the palpitations and for what it's worth I read somewhere that staying hydrated helps. And we'll it's only been a day but I drank like two times what I did before and I didn't get much of the rough catch your breath palpitations today. But hey could be coincidence ha but worth a try :) 
    I second this! With my first pregnancy I had heart palpitations and was diagnosed with a pregnancy-related heart murmur so I saw a cardiologist a few times. She said palpitations and heart murmurs are common in pregnancy due to increased blood flow (although I agree with the previous poster that it's always good to tell your doctor about the issue). She also said staying hydrated would make a big difference, and it did!
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv and @jgl907 the motion sickness issue is way worse for me in pregnancy. DH can usually drive us when we're going somewhere within about an hour's distance, but when I'm pregnant, I can't make it as a passenger across town without feeling queasy. Gah!

• Options
    colette18colette18 member
    edited July 2017
    I'm feeling everyone's pain on here! I'm  7w 3d and throwing up at least 1-2x a day! The only things that agree with me completely are baked potatoes and french fries. I just woke up starving at 4am, ate some Teddy Graham's and, yup baby didn't like them either!

Still I'm better than last week. At 5w5d-6w5d I had debilitating room spinning dizziness and migraine headaches 24/7, heart palpitations, along with the nausea and fatigue. I'll take the nausea/ fatigue any day over that!

My gyno prescribed IV fluids and they helped a ton. Im praying these symptoms start to dissipate soon, don't know how much longer I can last!
  • Options
    Ladies I think I'm going to head in to the hospital today to be checked out. I haven't been able to get up for over 5 days now. I woke up last night suddenly with the worst back pain I have ever had coupled with me *TMI* sitting on the toilet while simultaneously throwing up in the bathtub beside me*.

This cannot be normal. 

I don't throw up a ton by the nausea has been debilitating. I have been off work for 12 days on PTO and today is supposed to be my first day back....I CANNOT GO.

I'm feeling so overwhelmed. Only 7wks today 

• Options
    @bb3vj3n I hope they can give you something for the MS! I'm glad you're going in to get help. There is no need to be throwing up that much when there are Meds that can help. Keep us updated on how you're doing 
  • Options
    @bb3vj3n maybe they will give you some iv fluids, like they did to me. They will help if you're dehydrated. Also, some meds might be the answer for you at this point.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @bb3vj3n! I hope you get some relief. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    I'm so sorry @bb3vj3n. I hope you feel better soon.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    citygirl17citygirl17 member
    edited July 2017
    After a break of nearly a week of experiencing basically no symptoms whatsoever (I was about to panic and call my OB's office), I actually FEEL pregnant today.  I feel some pressure, bloating and fullness even though I've barely eaten anything so far today.  This does nothing to curb my hunger though.  I want to eat everything lol.  My boobs also feel bigger.  And I'm TIRED.  I fell asleep at 9:30pm last night.  Oh and I'm peeing more but I've also been trying to drink a lot more water....Still no morning sickness but I had none with my daughter either so I guess I'm just extremely lucky.  

@bb3vj3n I'm sorry!  I hope you find some relief very soon!

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • Options
    @bb3vj3n Thinking of you. I'm so glad you are going to get checked out. Keep us updated. T&P