February 2018 Moms
Options

NIPT

13»

Re: NIPT

• Options
    So after I called the doctor's office this morning, they finally called back this afternoon and said everything was fine. I'm relieved and happy, but also sort of wondering how long they had the results for?! It's over now and I guess it's not worth my energy to be annoyed about. Baby's genetically healthy. 
  • Options
    I'll post what's in the envelope later!!  I'm counting down the minutes until I get off work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So ... They were able to get me an appt today for a NT scan - since I'm 13+6, it was the last day the radiology place was willing to take me. So I get there, and surprise! I'm measuring bigger - they say I'm more like 14+4 - which is officially too late for the NT scan too. So I still get nothing, boo. Well, that's not true -- I got to see wee babe again and it's really cool to see it look more like a baby than a jelly bean! My doc said that they'd called the bloodwork place to try to figure out wtf happened but nothing they can do. My option now is to decide if and when we want the amnio. And to wait until 18-20 for sex! Sigh!

Thanks for your thoughts @chucksmom15 and @ash0625 and @mpp06
  • Options
    My NIPT results are sent to my OB and I won't get them until my next appointment in 2 weeks so it ends up being 3.5 weeks from my blood draw until I actually get results.
    If the results are unusual they would let you know, I'm pretty sure. Usually hearing nothing from a dr is a good sign. Frustrating I know!!! I did mine 3 days ago and I'm already over waiting! It's the first thing and last thing on my mind everyday! 
  • Options
    @clc515 the inconclusive results would be so frustrating. I'm sure it's nothing but the doctor saying it could be a red flag would have my anxiety through the roof. Seeing the baby today must have been reassuring though

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    So after I called the doctor's office this morning, they finally called back this afternoon and said everything was fine. I'm relieved and happy, but also sort of wondering how long they had the results for?! It's over now and I guess it's not worth my energy to be annoyed about. Baby's genetically healthy. 
    My doctor never called me with results of anything last time around! They told me the NIPT would take 2 weeks, but the website says 5-7 days. So knowing his track record of not calling last time, I think I'll start calling them on Friday to ask. That will be one week since I had the draw. 
  • Options
    mpp06mpp06 member
    edited August 2017
    @clc515 bummer but glad you got to see baby! At 14 4 they probably would've been able to tell gender if they took a look. I think they'd owed you that at the least!

@chucksmom15 congrats!!! I can't believe you were able to wait!!!