February 2018 Moms

Maternity Clothes

1235»

Re: Maternity Clothes

• I got my pre-pregnancy size in Old Navy jeans but the skinny cut and they fit great. A friend told me anything but the skinny cut was baggy.
    SunflowerMama428eggplantfaceStarynightsky24
  • @eggplantface I should also add, thanks to @chucksmom15, that the jeans I got were also skinny jeans!!!
    chucksmom15eggplantface
  • Loading the player...
  • Can I just share how disappointed and frustrated I am with in store maternity shopping? Grrrr. I've had great success online but for anything cute needed in less then two weeks I seem to be SOL. I also think Chicago specifically hates pregnant women. My old navy, kohls, h&m all do not have mat. sections. I keep heading to get target but when I check it's like two racks of clothes. I went to Macy's today and it felt like two racks of clothes and was wildly expensive. Makes me wanna cry. Boooo. Complain complain. 
    jlcrunchberryfatted_calfdiesel11111
  • Do you have a motherhood store around? I agree it's hard to find maternity clothes and I only have luck when I go to the motherhood outlet store. 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• @mblomq2 I have also noticed that shipping from Motherhood has always been insanely fast, I have gotten things the very next day. But I second that the best clothes I have found have been Motherhood/Pea in the Pod. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • wanted to share these cute festive shirts cafe press has... I already ordered the Turkey for Thanksgiving..  

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

clc515
  • I had to run into a Bealls Outlet today for an outfit for my nephew.. right across from the boys section was a pretty substantial maternity section with some really cute stuff! Idk if it's all their stores, but might help if anyone is trying to find physical places to shop.
  • @3plus1equals4 no Bealls in my city (or state?). @alemarie1 @MrsJ2410 no stand alone motherhood maternity or pea in the pod. They carry those brands at Macy's but I've already looked there. I found something called Destination Maternity I may check out. 
  • @mblomq2 I believe Destination Maternity is part of Motherhood Maternity. They're owned by the same company (as is Pea in a Pod).
    mblomq2
  • @mblomq2 Destination maternity does own both! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    mblomq2
  • Good quality, comfy basic black leggings that aren’t too thin but still reasonably priced. They don’t even necessarily have to be maternity at this point. Any suggestions? 
  • Good quality, comfy basic black leggings that aren’t too thin but still reasonably priced. They don’t even necessarily have to be maternity at this point. Any suggestions? 
    I got a pair from the new (late summer “new”) maternity line at Target.
    neener*neener*
    I got a pair from the new (late summer “new”) maternity line at Target.
    I like the target leggings  too
    babybro218
  • @kristinl492 the ones I got from H&M maternity are my favorite ones and they are pretty cheap. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • +1 for Target.  I just got these in the mail: https://www.target.com/p/maternity-overbelly-panel-leggings-isabel-maternity-153-by-ingrid-isabel-174-black/-/A-52452758#lnk=sametab and am planning to order a second pair.  They are on the long side, but I'm not worried about it, since they are mostly for lounging at home.  I will say that they are more of the workout pant-type fabric than a cotton, but they are not see-through and super comfy!  
  • As an update, I went to 3 stores today and ended up crying in Kohl’s (I can lol about it now). On the upside though- I bought a good handful of very loose or stretchy non maternity tops and am crossing my fingers it helps over the next 2 months, if not 3. And my husband didn’t even make one single negative shopping comment, he was even encouraging me to purchase items. That’s certainly a new one. Hahaha. Pity purchases for the preggo lady. 
    kbrinks2babybro218babymakes9
  • I'm annoyed by the sizing inconsistencies at the maternity stores! Over years I've finally learned what sizes I wear at each store I shop in, and now I have to start over, and of course the sizing charts are way off. Turns out Pink Blush runs small and Motherhood runs big, but the t-shirts from Old Navy are spot on (that is, I wore a L before and still wear a L now).
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

Megzb510SunflowerMama428
  • I'm annoyed by the sizing inconsistencies at the maternity stores! Over years I've finally learned what sizes I wear at each store I shop in, and now I have to start over, and of course the sizing charts are way off. Turns out Pink Blush runs small and Motherhood runs big, but the t-shirts from Old Navy are spot on (that is, I wore a L before and still wear a L now).
    This! I ordered 4 tops from Motherhood all in the same size and 2 fit perfectly and 2 are like 1-2 sizes too big. I got 3 bottoms from Thyme in the same size and 2 fit perfectly and in 1 it's like the belly band is too big but they fit everywhere else
    eggplantfaceMegzb510
  • @eggplantface thanks for mentioning that pink blush runs small! None of their clothes have any reviews! I want to buy a bathrobe from there for the time I’m in the hospital but I am so concerned it won’t be the right size and paying for return shipping (not to mention having to coordinate doing shipping it back) will annoy me to nooooo end.  I want something that will close comfortably and provide good coverage so I’m not flashing my boobs easily. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Megzb510 said:
    @eggplantface thanks for mentioning that pink blush runs small! None of their clothes have any reviews! I want to buy a bathrobe from there for the time I’m in the hospital but I am so concerned it won’t be the right size and paying for return shipping (not to mention having to coordinate doing shipping it back) will annoy me to nooooo end.  I want something that will close comfortably and provide good coverage so I’m not flashing my boobs easily. 
    It does.  My dress for my shower was from there and it was a 1X.  

• I just got an order in for maternity clothes from old navy. The shirts were so spot on I wanted to cry! And the $35 maternity coat was perfect! I literally haven’t had luck this entire pregnancy and today made me feel like there is hope getting through these last 3 months 
    babymakes9eggplantfacemagnolia305
  • Megzb510 said:
    @eggplantface thanks for mentioning that pink blush runs small! None of their clothes have any reviews! I want to buy a bathrobe from there for the time I’m in the hospital but I am so concerned it won’t be the right size and paying for return shipping (not to mention having to coordinate doing shipping it back) will annoy me to nooooo end.  I want something that will close comfortably and provide good coverage so I’m not flashing my boobs easily. 
    +1 for vouching that PinkBlush runs a bit small.  I've been a medium in most Motherhood, Old Navy, and Isabel (target) maternity clothes, and I ordered a size large dress for my shower, and was so glad I did!  A medium would have been too small (granted, both dress options I ordered were stretchy, so they MIGHT have been okay enough, but definitely not as comfortable).  I hope this helps! 

I will say shipping the option I didn't go with was not difficult- I just printed a label and wrapped it up and tossed it in my mailbox, but I did lose out on the $5.00.  I figured I didn't pay to ship it TO me, so I wasn't too annoyed. 
  • I wanted to return a dress to Pink Blush and after shipping charges I'd get $13 back so I said F it, the dress is now a tunic. It was super short and tight! With jeans it's passable as a top.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• I ordered a bunch of dresses from Pink Blush to consider for my shower that's in a week and a half. After reading all of your reviews I'm nervous none of them will fit and I won't have anything to wear :-( I may go back and order the same ones in a larger size.

• Is pinkblush an actual retailer or just an online boutique?
  • @SunflowerMama428 from what I can tell they are just online and no retail locations. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @SunflowerMama428 , I don't know of any actual stores, but maybe in larger cities or something, they exist? @caitb13 , shipping took a long time, so I'd suggest ordering the new ones ASAP if you decide to do that!  For what it's worth, I loved my dress, I was just glad I went with the larger size (in "real" non maternity clothes, I teeter between a medium and large, and large was the right size for a maxi from there).
  • @kristinl492 I just got some amazing basic maternity leggings from Loft. They are great quality! Not cheap, but I got them with a discount code. 

• @SunflowerMama428 , I don't know of any actual stores, but maybe in larger cities or something, they exist? @caitb13 , shipping took a long time, so I'd suggest ordering the new ones ASAP if you decide to do that!  For what it's worth, I loved my dress, I was just glad I went with the larger size (in "real" non maternity clothes, I teeter between a medium and large, and large was the right size for a maxi from there).
    I second this.  Shipping took a while but I loved my dress.  
  • I had to get tights to wear to my shower this past weekend, and Target's maternity tights = so comfy! I think it was the Isabel brand. 
    magnolia305babybro218eggplantface
  • clc515 said:
    I had to get tights to wear to my shower this past weekend, and Target's maternity tights = so comfy! I think it was the Isabel brand. 
    So far, I've loved everything I've purchased from that brand! 
    clc515
  • @clc515 I think those are the ones I have! They fit well and aren't hard to get on. I wish they came in more colors besides black.

Old Navy is having a 40% off site-wide sale today, btw. If my work computer weren't so shitty I could actually buy another pair of jeans!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• I've bought a few items from Old Navy, and really like the rock star maternity jeans! Very comfy and true to size.

I've also bought longer sweaters/sweater dresses that are not maternity that I can wear with leggings and boots. So far, it seems to work out! I've gotten a few from the Loft on sale, as well as Old Navy. 
  • There is a sparkly black dress on clearance at Pink Blush for $25. I've got some holiday parties that I intend to use it for, so just wanted to give a heads up! 
  • I am about to start needing maternity clothes...which overwhelms me...a lot.
    This section helps me out a lot. 
    I think I'm going to copy @jennifer_m21 and get long sweaters with leggings....and I want moccasins.
    I'm just nervous about spending money I'll never wear again...I'm a one and done pregnancy.
  • @Chawk17 I’ve had some of the best luck buying non-maternity, just loose, stretchy, comfy tops/dresses. Makes me feel so much better knowing I can wear it again next winter! 
    babybro218jennifer_m21
  • @Chawk17 I wear my maternity clothes when I’m not pregnant, most of them fit just fine even after I lose the baby weight. Even maternity pants, I love that stretchy waist and I like making use of the clothes I have as much as possible! But yes, stretchy non maternity stuff is just as good too! I lived in Target maxi skirts the last month of my pregnancy with DS!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Chawk17 said:
    I am about to start needing maternity clothes...which overwhelms me...a lot.
    This section helps me out a lot. 
    I think I'm going to copy @jennifer_m21 and get long sweaters with leggings....and I want moccasins.
    I'm just nervous about spending money I'll never wear again...I'm a one and done pregnancy.
    I feel the same. I haven’t bought anything technically maternity except for a dress I wore to a wedding. I’m planning on riding out the winter in leggings and long tops/sweater. Old Navy had some long basic tunics and cardigans that I bought in almost every color.